Will Plasma Klinklang Make a Comeback?

Ironman131 said:
And in the future with Phantom gate we will be getting more steel support. We are saying that the deck will be good again when we get phantom gate, but as of right now it is ok because fire pokemon are popular right now.

There is no reason to believe that there will be Steel type support in the next set. The next set will be based on Psychic (and maybe some Electric) support. The reason we have 2 Steel type EX's is because of the theme deck.

The mega manectric EX is like Mega Kangashan EX was for flashfire where it really has no relevance to the set.

Serperior said:
I like how you're saying this with "Klinklang is love, Klinklang is life" in your signature.

Well I ran klinklang all of last season and made top 8 at a regionals and top 64 at nationals with that deck. Ironically klinklang is also my favorite pokemon.
That said, it can't function well outside of BW-on. The format is heavy pyroar, so until special metal or some new affect helps out metal types, it will lose.

I would love to see some good metal support cards coming out in PhantomGate or sometime soon. I mean it's like the metal type has been completely forgotten. FlashFire only had two Metal type Pokemon and now Furious Fists has absolutely none. :(

I think it could be good in the BW on format with shift gears klingklang. Beartic Furious Fists could be an answer to Pyroar. While Aegislash EX can hit the big numbers. For acceleration, there's Milotic Flash Fire. Just accelerate to a non EX and then shift gears onto the EX you want to power up.

For the weakness problem, there's always Rainbow Energy/Shadow Circle. Might as well do that because there's really not any other stadium that really helps the Cobalions and such. I'm really hoping they add something to make Metal a cool type to play again because I like all of the different kinds of effects that their attacks get. However, I'm not sure I would want to play Klinklang until Heavy Ball is reprinted or something like it.

There is the possibility that Metal could be like Grass type in Furious Fists. I mean, there are two new Metal EX cards that were revealed.

Ironman131 said:
With that new Bronzong it will make a come back. It gives so energy acceleration from the discard pile.

Can you put down a link? I would really like to see that.

Its on the main page. This is a copy of what it says though.

Bronzong from the "Hyper Metal Chain Deck," which will be released alongside Japan's Phantom Gate on September 13th, has been partially revealed on a Pokemon Center poster. Thanks goes to Franco T. for the photo and translation!

Bronzong - Metal - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Bronzor

Ability: Metal Chain
Once during your turn, you may choose 1 Metal Energy from your discard pile and attach it to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Was just about to post about Bronzong lol. But yeah, not to sound snobby or anything, but... I told you so XD. I figured that the Metal type would get some help in this next set. Looks like I was right. I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Pretty excited.

Back