ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

DrEspeon

Pokemon Physician and Psychologist
I know this is just wishful thinking, but
5679ee1e3ab51f7e9a8716d259e3c538.jpg
please.

With that out of the way, I would greatly like to see new mega evolutions for pokemon from gens 4-6 seeing as they got the least of the love. Among them I would like:
IV: Roserade, Froslass, Rotom, Floatzel (Water/Fighting?), and Gallade
V: Vanilluxe, Gothitelle (Psychic/Dark), Reunicles (Psychic/Grass), Sawsbuck, Liepard, Jellicent, Zebstrika, Caracosta, Archaeops, and Chandelure
VI: Meowstic, Gogoat, Pyroar, and Malamar

Chespin777

Spikey shield!
Anyone agrees with me that Ho-oh&Lugia, should have version exclusive mega evolutions? Mewtwo had a separate version exclusive Mega evolutions in X&Y. Back when OR&AS revealed, there was a speculation circulating behind the odd designs of the mascots, people thought that they were some evolution, and it turned out to be true! I highly doubt next CoroCoro mega evolution scoop is about Ho-oh&Lugia.

Chespin777

Spikey shield!
RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

bacon said:
Oh, and Wailord should mega evolve into a Water/Flying blimp.

I'm hoping to see Wailord, get a mega evolution. Honestly, albeit it is bulky in appearance, its stats are fragile. It should be dominant in defensive stats, because Wailord is weak in those stats in particular.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Chespin777 said:
bacon said:

I'm hoping to see Wailord, get a mega evolution. Honestly, albeit it is bulky in appearance, its stats are fragile. It should be dominant in defensive stats, because Wailord is weak in those stats in particular.

Its Mega Evolution's Stats should be this:
170/90/95/90/105/50

Chespin777

Spikey shield!

Blob55 said:
Chespin777 said:

Its Mega Evolution's Stats should be this:
170/90/95/90/105/50

I wonder, how will it look like when it Mega evolves?

ThunderSloth

RI5K IT 4 DA BI5KT
MEGA MUK!!! This pokemon could definitely become the real barf jesus if it gets a mega evolution and its ability, idk. If it did get i mega they could just make it be poison/dark to make its psychic weakness go away but you guys help me on this. (I'm a VG noob)

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
Since we got mega charizards x and y, can we get mega sceptile's x and y (or alpha and omega) but a physical sceptile that can use that physical movepool would just be a blessing.

FoxFire

Fox Pokemon Rule!

bacon said:

Appropriate. According to Jwittz's 'Pokemon sizes are nonsense' videos, Wailords are so big, but weigh so little, that they should be lighter than* air ... and they are the 'Float Whale' Pokemon!

*Less dense than air, if you want to get picky.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon

bacon said:

Or a Water/Steel submarine (launching Sharpedo and/or Remoraid through some holes), Team Aqua's base and the new Mega that Archie holds in his blingbling anchor!

A Mega-evolution blimp should be Drifblim...well, more like those from WWII (and since it's associated with a certain nasty regime, Drifblim being Ghost seems fitting...perhaps Ghost/Dark and Levitate as ability would be better).

KenMan

Aspiring Trainer

xayshade said:
Since we got mega charizards x and y, can we get mega sceptile's x and y (or alpha and omega) but a physical sceptile that can use that physical movepool would just be a blessing.

I could see that, since it's another starter that becomes a dragon having a second mega form that keeps its original typing would give people an option. Some people don't seem to like the 4x Ice weakness.

SupahFly

Clefable Fan
I feel like Sudowoodo deserves to live out it's dream of being a Rock and Grass type, and I believe a Mega Evolution would tailor to that. Maybe give it Water Absorb, or Sap Sipper, or even Huge Power.

jdivinity

Still a dorky art student
One Hoenn-mon deserves Mega status the most, Tropius. Poor thing has been waiting to reveal it's true potential for more than a decade.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

KenMan said:
xayshade said:

I could see that, since it's another starter that becomes a dragon having a second mega form that keeps its original typing would give people an option. Some people don't seem to like the 4x Ice weakness.

Except Sceptile is way behind Charizard when it comes to overhyped/popular Pokémon... Don't get me wrong, Sceptile is my favorite of the Hoenn starters but the only pokémon who got 2 Megas were Charizard and Mewtwo... And I think it's obvious why... I could see Blaziken get an alternate Mega but even that is unlikely to me...
The only case where I can see that happening again is Rayquaza (as it is really popular too) getting 2 Primal formes if they want to keep more version exclusive stuff in the remakes and don't pull any Delta Emerald trick...

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
Mega weavile please! I love the little guy and I already can see him being really good with increased defences and attack. Also golem, the poor guy needs a break.

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
Alright, so Ive been reading around a little bit, and have come up with 3 Pokemon currently known to be available in Ruby/Sapphire that I think should(and could theoretically) get Megas:

>Ludicolo- Grass/Water 80/70/70/90/100/70
+0/-10/+20/+40/+10/+40
Ability: Water Absorb or Storm Drain

I gave it a boost in its speed as if, with Mega Evolution, it no longer needs Swift Swim to move faster. Also, with increased defenses and special attack, Storm Drain can absorb allied Surfs or enemy Water based attacks like Scald and boost its special attack even further. Water Absorb would also be a decent ability, since I gave it increased bulk, and the HP recovery would allow it to stay on the battlefield for prolonged periods of time.

>Shiftry- Grass/Dark 90/100/60/90/60/80
+0/+25/+20/+0/+20/+45
Ability: Aerilate or Adaptability

Since Shiftry is based on a wind demon, I thought it would be acceptable to give it Aerilate, even with its lack of Quick Attack. Adaptability would probably be a preferred ability, since it doubles its STAB boost, and with its "completed Tengu" Mega form, it gains enough speed to out speed some of the faster threats in the meta. It also has a diverse enough move pool to make use of that speed, coupled with its boosted attack and defenses, but all stats needed a boost to make it more viable in anyways.

>Masquerain- Bug/Water 70/60/62/80/82/60
+0/+40/+20/+20/+20/+0
Ability: Gale Wings or Aerilate

Bringing Masquerain back to its roots, it regains Water STAB Aqua Jet, and with either ability, also gains powerful priority Flying type attacks as well with Air Slash or Quick Attack. Added bulk gives it staying power, but not as much since its primary uses will most likely be setting up Sticky Web and picking off weakened targets with its increased attack(Aqua Jet/Quick Attack w/Aerilate) or special attack (Air Slash).

Mitja

veteran smartass

NoDice said:
+0/+25/+20/+0/+20/+45

Since Shiftry is based on a wind demon, I thought it would be acceptable to give it Aerilate, even with its lack of Quick Attack. Adaptability would probably be a preferred ability, since it doubles its STAB boost, and with its "completed Tengu" Mega form, it gains enough speed to out speed some of the faster threats in the meta. It also has a diverse enough move pool to make use of that speed, coupled with its boosted attack and defenses, but all stats needed a boost to make it more viable in anyways..

It does learn Quick Attack. And Fake Out.
And Return and Explosion O:

I'd prefer if it got an ability that boosts "wind-based" moves (I mean there are already sound-based, punch-based, bullet-based, pulse-based, powder-based, jaw-based etc...)

But then again, I'd like it if any pokemon with serious wind-association had something like that in their regular form already instead of needing to mega evolve for it to show...

Another interesting twist could be Mega Flygon getting an ability that turns Normal into and boosts Bug moves xD
I use mine with Quick Attack for ages already anyway.

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME

Mitja said:
NoDice said:
+0/+25/+20/+0/+20/+45

Since Shiftry is based on a wind demon, I thought it would be acceptable to give it Aerilate, even with its lack of Quick Attack. Adaptability would probably be a preferred ability, since it doubles its STAB boost, and with its "completed Tengu" Mega form, it gains enough speed to out speed some of the faster threats in the meta. It also has a diverse enough move pool to make use of that speed, coupled with its boosted attack and defenses, but all stats needed a boost to make it more viable in anyways..

It does learn Quick Attack. And Fake Out.
And Return and Explosion O:

I'd prefer if it got an ability that boosts "wind-based" moves (I mean there are already sound-based, punch-based, bullet-based, pulse-based, powder-based, jaw-based etc...)

But then again, I'd like it if any pokemon with serious wind-association had something like that in their regular form already instead of needing to mega evolve for it to show...

Another interesting twist could be Mega Flygon getting an ability that turns Normal into and boosts Bug moves xD
I use mine with Quick Attack for ages already anyway.

I completely agree with you on all of those points, and Im simply going off of the idea we wouldnt be getting any new abilities mid gen, but I would love for Flygon to have some sort of Bug affiliation whether it be ability or typing. And I must have glossesd over Quick Attack in its move pool- which I skimmed over really quickly. I havent used a Shiftry pretty much since Emerald, but I have always liked its design and wished it were a bit more bulky so it could take a hit.

KiKi

Team Harmony
This month of CoroCoro is supposed to be all about Mega Evolutions, and I believe that CoroCoro releases early in August, I think the 10th.
So we should be hearing about this news any day nao.