ORAS Obtainable Legendary Pokémon in OR / AS?

Metalizard said:
Explain me again the logic behind them putting legendaries in ORAS that were just available in the previous games (BW2)...

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they just threw every Legendary ever into one game (minus a FEW), so long as there were events and special places for them. Like Navel Rock. It was a simple area, but it felt special. Or the Regi's caves, with the puzzles. Have some of them off the beaten path after the Champion has been defeated. Encourage exploration. Expand the world. Pokemon has always had poor post-game in terms of world.

Really though, I just want more world. Emerald's Battle Frontier is still one of the coolest places ever in the series to me. It felt like a living, breathing area. Not just some little town for you to sit around in and access facilities. There were caves, there was variety in the scenery, and there was a ton of stuff to do there. Now imagine if the caves were greatly enlarged with several openings, a few puzzles here and there. And at the end... there's a Legendary Pokemon! You explore, you get a reward, and it adds depth to the world by turning an ordinary dungeon into, "The Legendary's Cave."

ANNNYWAYSSSS.

I do hope that Sinnoh starters are handed out. It's been way too long.

I really, really, really want Jirachi again. I know it's got the event thing going for it, but leave that to Mew and Celebi. Those can't be infinitely transferred from a disc. Jirachi has like... fake rarity.

About my last post, it's not that I'm against having tons of legendaries in one pokémon game, I'd also preferred if they had all pokémon available in one game (or a pair of them)...
Thing is... If they put them in every game, IMO, they lose value, they don't feel so legendary anymore... like, I'm planning to transfer some legends from previous gens to XY... but if they're going to be available this gen (in ORAS or other future game), why am I transferring them when I could keep them in those games? Problem is, I don't know what are they going to include or not, so, I'm unsure if I should transfer them... Also, unlike regular pokémon, I don't like to have more than 1 of each legendary stored in the same game... feels weird to me because of what I said above... they're legendary, if I have more than one, they're not so different from regular pokémon...

Metalizard said:
Thing is... If they put them in every game, IMO, they lose value, they don't feel so legendary anymore... like, I'm planning to transfer some legends from previous gens to XY... but if they're going to be available this gen (in ORAS or other future game), why am I transferring them when I could keep them in those games? Problem is, I don't know what are they going to include or not, so, I'm unsure if I should transfer them... Also, unlike regular pokémon, I don't like to have more than 1 of each legendary stored in the same game... feels weird to me because of what I said above... they're legendary, if I have more than one, they're not so different from regular pokémon...

I don't think having multiples of a legendary decreases their value, they're still hard to get and they can't be breed, so you can't get them infinitely. If you're worried about having extras, then you should either wait until all of the 6th gen Pokemon are out to transfer them or just keep them on an earlier game so you don't have them in the same game. And honestly, I saw this coming, so I didn't transfer any 3rd gen Pokemon (except for a pair of Lati twins that I wanted to raise in X) when Bank came out in anticipation of a RS remake announcement.

Metalizard said:
About my last post, it's not that I'm against having tons of legendaries in one pokémon game, I'd also preferred if they had all pokémon available in one game (or a pair of them)...

Who would bother purchase an outdated Pokemon game just to transfer few starters, legends etc.? Game Freak wants to move all these privileges to newer games, like I said "So, fans, and newcomers alike purchase the games". The DS online features has been severed, it will be difficult to trade to obtain few starters, legends etc.

Chespin777 said:
What about Mew? If I recall Mew was available through an event in Pokemon Emerald. It was accessible through the birth island, if I'm correct?

Wrong.

You get Mew via Faraway Island, an island that requires a legally-Japanese-exclusive event item to get to: the Old Sea Map...

^ Outside of Japan, however, the only way to get that item is by hacking, as there were no events held outside Japan that would have given away the Old Sea Map to non-Japanese trainers... How sad it was that, in terms of availability outside Japan, the item was as obscure as, say, Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu... :(

cardgjammer said:
Chespin777 said:
What about Mew? If I recall Mew was available through an event in Pokemon Emerald. It was accessible through the birth island, if I'm correct?

Wrong.

You get Mew via Faraway Island, an island that requires a legally-Japanese-exclusive event item to get to: the Old Sea Map...

^ Outside of Japan, however, the only way to get that item is by hacking, as there were no events held outside Japan that would have given away the Old Sea Map to non-Japanese trainers... How sad it was that, in terms of availability outside Japan, the item was as obscure as, say, Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu... :(

Ah! Thanks for enlightening me :) Hopefully OR/AS remakes won't come empty handed. OR/AS will redeem lots of past generation events, starters, and legends.

Ghost King said:
Do you think they will do the jirachi and mirage island in the remake?

I can see them doing a Jirachi event sometime after ORAS are released... I don't think English games have had one since the Draco Meteor one from ages ago, but Korean/Japanese games had one a couple years ago.
I imagine there'll be another Deoxys event.

There is an island on the updated Hoenn map where Mirage Island used to appear, but its definitely a lot more complex, it has an inner beach and what might be a cave system. (although it's too small to be able to definitely say anything)

His Goominess said:
Ghost King said:
Do you think they will do the jirachi and mirage island in the remake?

I can see them doing a Jirachi event sometime after ORAS are released... I don't think English games have had one since the Draco Meteor one from ages ago, but Korean/Japanese games had one a couple years ago.
I imagine there'll be another Deoxys event.

There is an island on the updated Hoenn map where Mirage Island used to appear, but its definitely a lot more complex, it has an inner beach and what might be a cave system. (although it's too small to be able to definitely say anything)
I was thinking of that white rock from Mossdeep.
Get a special seal, write something on it, stick it on the rock and... POOF Jirachi!
Dunno, just thinking since Jirachi is one of the rare events.

They should have most or if not all the legendaries, but they would be version exclusive or special events.

For example: Lugia in OR and Ho Oh in AS

It would be a much better post-game as well as R/S didn't really have a good post-game. It would make post-game game play much more fun and be very interesting to see a lot of legendaries in one game.

trombone2017 said:
They should have most or if not all the legendaries, but they would be version exclusive or special events.

It would be a much better post-game as well as R/S didn't really have a good post-game. It would make post-game game play much more fun and be very interesting to see a lot of legendaries in one game.

Speaking of Ho-oh&Lugia, being version exclusive in OR/AS . The next Corocoro issue is about Mega evolution scoop perhaps we'll see Mega Ho-oh&Lugia? It would male alot of sense if they gave them version exclusive Mega evolutions.

Chespin777 said:
trombone2017 said:

Speaking of Ho-oh&Lugia, being version exclusive in OR/AS . The next Corocoro issue is about Mega evolution scoop perhaps we'll see Mega Ho-oh&Lugia? It would male alot of sense if they gave them version exclusive Mega evolutions.

If there is Mega Evolutions for Ho Oh and Lugia I will DIE!

trombone2017 said:
Chespin777 said:

If there is Mega Evolutions for Ho Oh and Lugia I will DIE!

Yeah we need alot of version exclusive Mega evolutions in OR/AS, besides Primal Groudon&Kyogre. Mega Ho-oh should have regenerator, while Mega Lugia should have Multiscale.

Chespin777 said:
trombone2017 said:

I honestly think now would probably be the best opportunity for 2nd gen Megas. We're probably not going back to Johto anytime soon, and the starters and mascot legendaries were obtainable in Emerald. Unless they want to include them in the 7th gen games a la XY.

Bolt the Cat said:
Chespin777 said:

I honestly think now would probably be the best opportunity for 2nd gen Megas. We're probably not going back to Johto anytime soon, and the starters and mascot legendaries were obtainable in Emerald. Unless they want to include them in the 7th gen games a la XY.

Gen 1 legendary "Mewtwo", had a separate version exclusive Mega evolutions. Now on the advent of gen 3 remakes, primal Groudon&Kyogre were revealed, there's alot of speculation about Johto mascots returning, in OR/AS remakes. If they were to return, then probably they'll have a version exclusive Mega evolutions, we'll wait and see if the next Mega evolution scoop of CoroCoro, reveal them.

Back