ORAS Your Team in OR / AS?

ok lets see I think more about diversity in types for any situation and pokemon I love ^.^

Sceptile- because It was my second pokemon I chose other than Torchic, plus its fast and fast attack
Dusknoir- Because I love Ghost pokemon and its a great defensive wall to block most hard hitting attacks
Beautifly- Flying/Bug pokemon it a great combination diverse moves Healing like Morning Sun and Giga Drain
Seviper- not only is it a poison type it can also be great against Steel pokemon since it can learn flame thrower which will be very useful
Milotic- its a great wall for SpD and has decent SpA power plus with the healing moves it can have it should be able to be a great addition to the team, plus it can learn diversity of moves which my come in handy
Mawile/Sableye- Sableye well it will be great for support, especially wih the Prankster ability it will be great with will-o-wisp, Calm mind, Hex, Recover. Mawile would be great for its power house: Play Rough, sucker punch, Taunt, sword dance

Alpha Sapphire Team
Mega Sceptile (I've been waiting for a grassdragon for years!!!!) I'm so excited about using it :D Best Mega to date :D
Altaria (I've always wanted to use one but I've never gotten around to it)
Zangoose (may be switched with Seviper depending on Version Exclusives) I've always want to use one.
Armaldo (because it's awesome)

Omega Ruby Team
Mega Swampert (I didn't like this Mega at first but the more I see it in-game, the more I love it.)
Sableye (an alternate Mega and I loooooove how much I can destroy without going Mega)
Seviper (may be switched with Zangoose depending on Version Exclusives) I've never gotten around to using it.
Cradily (cause it's awesome)

Teams are subject to change!

This is my Omega Ruby team( Omega ruby because its got better exclusives)
Swampert(can go Mega and has decent attack. also, its a surfer)
Swellow(not a fan of late game flyers, but early game ones are good for me!)
Shiftry(Grass type,and its awesome)
Armaldo(Just plain awesome,right there.)
Camerupt(Solid Rock, Fire type and the fact that its maxies signature pokemon!)
Dustox or Magnezone/Magneton( Dustox because its a decent special attacker, and magnezone for that exact reason. Only using magneton if there is no Mt.Coronet/ Chargestone Cave/Route 13-ish thing.)

Chespin777 said:
I'll choose Alpha sapphire, because Sapphire has better exclusives, and I like Team Aqua's redesign! My team sounds girly, I'll choose May as my player. So, here's my team.

* Blaziken
* Beautifly
* Gardevoir
* Roserade
* Flygon
* some random water type Pokemon
For that random water type pokemon, use something like tentacruel or carvahna.And what about if your wurmple evolves into cascoon? and wheres your flying type to fly you everywhere?
Kinda like your team though.

Definently will be using Mega Sceptile, I too have been wanting a grass/dragon for years...just keeping him away from ice types.

I haven't trained a Gardevoir since 3rd gen when it was just psychic. And since XY gives you one too late to really help, that's going to be one of my Pokemon.

I might 'cheat' and get a Mudkip and Torchic for the game, depending on what's going on. I have a 3ds and 3dsxl so I can trade to one catridge if I want too.

I considered training a Manetric but I'm not sure I want to have too many potential megas in the party.

woohoo962 said:
Chespin777 said:
I'll choose Alpha sapphire, because Sapphire has better exclusives, and I like Team Aqua's redesign! My team sounds girly, I'll choose May as my player. So, here's my team.

* Blaziken
* Beautifly
* Gardevoir
* Roserade
* Flygon
* some random water type Pokemon
For that random water type pokemon, use something like tentacruel or carvahna.And what about if your wurmple evolves into cascoon? and wheres your flying type to fly you everywhere?

Beautifly can't learn Fly anyway, so I'm assuming he'll fly on Flygon? I really like his team as well :3

I think I want to try and use completely new Pokemon that I've never used before, so my team (so far) is:

Blaziken
Beautifly
Altaria
Armaldo
Walrein
Ludicolo

RE: What will your team for ORAS be?

Leaf_Ranger said:
My starter choice will obviously be Treecko. As for the others...I'm still unsure since I don't want to retrain the same species as in S/E but Wingull is certain.
After the main plot, I know I'll have and train a Water-type only team and then switch in order to end with a Grass-only with Sceptile, Roserade, Tropius, Shiftry, Ludicolo and perhaps Cacturne or Breloom (most likely this last), along with all other Grass Pokémon that will be obtained without trading so to have my Leaf Rangers back in Hoenn.

I'm replaying Emerald and I've planned my team based on the gyms that were coming but in AS/OR I'll train those that I want to, despite their match-ups agains't leaders but I'll be careful regarding the attacks learned because I still have to memorise the new match-up table since I haven't played XY.
Treecko is certain as it was and will always be, but I'll perhaps train a Taillow instead of Wingull because I've never trained one for serious and I'll leave Pelipper and Sharpedo for my post-game Aqua team (perhaps along Tentacruel). I'll also train a Swalot because not only it's Poison but I'll call it "Jabba" (the Hutt, from Star Wars) and I'll train a Swablu because it's the same thing as Tailow but I'll call this one "Twitter" (I don't like Swablu and that's why I've never trained an Altaria but since I've found a funny nickname I'll do it). I'll train a Manectric because the last time I did it was back in Sapphire and I just hate every other Electric type available in Hoenn (unless Heliolisk is available).
I'm liking Nosepass's moves and perhaps I'll train another and evolve it if possible in order to like and attach to Probopass. If that's the case then Lairon will be out of the equation.

I'll use pokémon I haven't used before. I'll pick Mudkip as my starter, since I like its mega more than the others. And I'll use a Salamence, because though I like it a lot, I haven't used in my runs, and I don't know why, actually.

The rest of the team I haven't figured out yet

I'll box my starter as soon as I catch something else!

(btw I love all three Hoenn starters)

Current plan:
-Vileplume (never used it before. Now is the time, what with it's improved 110 sp.atk)
-Crawdaunt
-Magcargo (unless Golem gets a Mega evolution)
-Wigglytuff (would have used in Y if it wasn't available so late..)
-Claydol
-Magnezone

ok I think I changed my team up a bit more, the more I think about it the more I like this set up more:

- Sceptile: because my friend is choosing Blaziken, it also my first Pokémon in Sapphire
- Claydol: its a great tank Pokémon with Cosmic Power, Charge Beam, Rest, Earth Power
- Milotic: it high in special defense and can still gain health back, plus I need a surfer lol
- Sableye (prankster): I need a supporter type pokemon: Recover, Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp, Shadow Ball
- Beautifly: I always loved Beautifly and it will destroy the fighting and grass types out there, plus it can learn poison moves
- Seviper: I just love the design and move sets of Seviper :D

hopefully it wont change, I might have a seventh pokemon to switch out with lol

I always restart my games like 50 million times after I beat it anyways so this is my unofficial team. lol
I want to play it as if it were the old game but in 3D so I'll probably start off with....

Crazy thing is it's not too far from my usual team. haha

Blaziken
Gardevoir
Delcatty
Milotic/Gyrados
Aggron/Altaria/Flygon/Salamence
Roserade

I'll probably play the game out using those guys at first and then play the game out with my pokemon from pokebank.
Though I really should try to train other pokemon through this game since I already have all those within the bank. :/
Maybe if I get lucky enough to finally get my shiny ralts I can train in the hoenn region. That'd be awesome! And I'd finally be able to get my shiny mega gardevior! (crosses fingers)

My team for OR shall be (Drum Roll) :

(Mega) Swampert (I LOVE Swampert!)
Ludicolo (the Wall of All Walls)
Crobat (So Bad A**)
(Can I get a Mega?) Rhyperior (On of my Favorite Pokes)
(Mega) Gengar (Much Fast!)
(Mega) Sableye (Looks Cool. Yup. That's It.)

So there.

I will use currently:
Sceptile (my original hoenn starter so nostalgia)
Flygon (I really love to use him plus one of my original team)
Linoone (Same reason as flygon)
Armaldo (see above)
Electric type (probably Manectric I just need to know which ones are in)
And Wailord (I have always liked him)

Hmm...

Obviously, I will get Mudkip (so cute!).

Swampert (Not sure about Mega, need to see its stats)
Walrein
Altaria
Milotic (If they didn't change the stupid trend one in million tiles to find Feebas, then I'll replace it with someone else :p )
TBA
TBA

Hoenn has a lot of great Pokémon so I'm definitely going to have a rotation team again; I always enjoy using many Pokémon rather than a fixed team and switch between them. I try keeping all of them at around the same level, so I use them all about equally. I prefer having mainly Pokémon that were introduced in the generation of the game, so I'll be using a lot Hoenn native Pokémon. I generally add Charizard and Sceptile to the team (always when possible) for being my favourite Pokémon. Greninja managed to get itself added to that list by becoming my favourite Water-type.

As mentioned, if it's possible in early game I will transfer a Charmander to my game; since Charizard is my favourite Pokémon it would probably be the only Pokémon together with my Hoenn starter that I won't rotate.

As for my Hoenn starter; I'm going to get Sceptile in Ruby and Blaziken in Sapphire. Ruby will be my main game and Sceptile is my favourite Grass-type. I'm looking forward to Mega-Sceptile so much! Even though the ability doesn't seem that useful in-game, I love it. The design is really awesome!

I'll also try to get a Greninja transferred over. Since Hoenn also has many Water-type Pokémon I love I will be rotating it with others.

Absol is one of my favourite Dark-type Pokémon so I'll definitely catch one in the new games and use it. This also means I have another Mega Pokémon to use!

Swellow, being one of my favourite birds, will also definitely have a place in my rotation team. It's a strong Pokémon too, so I'll be able to sweep through some opponents if I have Facade + a status condition on it.

Ralts is a very cute Pokémon and I love Gallade. I'm definitely going to try and get one of those in the early game. I hope we get Mega Gallade in the new games! Mega Gardevoir is awesome, but I want one for Gallade too.

I also really like Mawile and Sableye. Since Sableye will have a new Mega Evolution I'm planning to add him to my team. l am not sure yet about Mawile. I do like it, but I also used it in X&Y.

Aron is a super cute Pokémon and has incredible defence! It will be a great and powerful tank. It takes any physical hit like a pro. Once it evolves into Aggron he'll also be able to Mega Evolve. Wow, I love so many Pokémon that get mega evolutions; I didn't notice until thinking about my team.. >_>

Of course.. the Hoenn Electric-type I love also already has a Mega Evolution. Manectric is super fast and has a high special attack. It doesn't have a great defence, but I love the design, which is most important!

Another Hoenn native Pokémon I love is Flygon. As soon as I get my goggles I'm going hunting for a Trapinch!

As for the Hoenn Water-type Pokémon; I think Corphish and Milotic are both super cool. Both will be added to my team and rotated. Corphish will be the Physical attacker and Milotic the Special attacker. This also works out perfectly, since I can teach one Surf and the other Waterfall. Greninja will be a mixed attacker.

Castform isn't very strong, but I love its ability to change with the weather and it's very cute-looking. It's a must for my Hoenn team.

I'm planning to use both Psuedo-Legendary Pokémon from the Hoenn region. Salamence and Metagross are both awesome Pokémon. I am not a huge fan of Metagross' Mega Evolution design, but I'm sure I'll use his power at times. I hope Salamence gets a Mega Evolution too.

I love Groudon, but I prefer not to use Legendary Pokémon in my team, so I'll likely store him after trying out battling with its Primal form a few times.

I'm also considering Tropius, Banette, Glalie, and Solrock for my team. They're cool Pokémon and I need to mix up the types a little.

steffenka said:
woohoo962 said:

Beautifly can't learn Fly anyway, so I'm assuming he'll fly on Flygon? I really like his team as well :3

I think I want to try and use completely new Pokemon that I've never used before, so my team (so far) is:

Blaziken
Beautifly
Altaria
Armaldo
Walrein
Ludicolo

Someone didn't comprehend, that I'm using a Pokemon called "FLYgon!" -_- Nah! I'm just joking :p I'm glad that there are people fond of my team. As for the random water type Pokemon, I'm having a tough decision, between Milotic, and Crawdaunt. I'm lucky that I chose Beautifly, knowing that E4 dark type user Sidney will use Shiftry as his ace, and Sidney has another Pokemon from the very same type it's Cacturne. Both Shiftry, and Cacturne have 4x weakness from bug type moves, so that's an advantage for my Beautifly. ;)

After knowing of Mega-Sableye (poor choice of design) and starting to replay Emerald, I used a Sableye in my team ever since reaching Dewford. I'll include it in my AS team, because it's Night Shade was helpful, battling Norman was a lot easier thanks to this guy and it's the ultimate Hoenn's Lati@s (Latios at least) hunter: using Mean Look; Psychic and Luster Purge having no effect, Refresh also because I didn't placed a status ailment and Recover can be dealt with if knowing how far can Sableye's attacks go and then it was only a matter of throwing Ultra Balls.

I'm not sure, really. I know I'm going to start with Mudkip, just because I like Mega Swampert best of all the Hoenn Megastarters.

I may trade freshly-bred L1s from X to fill out my party ... a lot of it will depend on the next gym leader's type. I tend to try to 'cheat' and stock up on
'Mon with an advantage over the next gym.

Leaf_Ranger said:
After knowing of Mega-Sableye (poor choice of design) and starting to replay Emerald, I used a Sableye in my team ever since reaching Dewford. I'll include it in my AS team, because it's Night Shade was helpful, battling Norman was a lot easier thanks to this guy and it's the ultimate Hoenn's Lati@s (Latios at least) hunter: using Mean Look; Psychic and Luster Purge having no effect, Refresh also because I didn't placed a status ailment and Recover can be dealt with if knowing how far can Sableye's attacks go and then it was only a matter of throwing Ultra Balls.
Sableye is also perfect for countering Recover in the new generation; you can simply breed one with both Imprison and Recover. This way using Imprison will keep your opponent from using the move.

Drohn said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
Sableye is also perfect for countering Recover in the new generation; you can simply breed one with both Imprison and Recover. This way using Imprison will keep your opponent from using the move.

Me, while and after reading that:
PP2302.png

Many thanks for that!! ;):D

Mudkip, Ralts, Zubat. That's all I know for now.

Mudkip was my favorite starter back then, and not much has changed since. Interest in Blaziken has actually dropped a lot over the years, and Sceptile has grown on me, but not enough to dethrone my Mudkip.

I always loved the full Ralts line. Never had the patience back then to actually catch and level one up though. And boy are they glass cannons if you don't have to proper nature/EVs.

Crobat is actually one of my favorite Pokemon. But I didn't even want to think about catching a Zubat, training it, and then getting max happiness. So much to do for someone so impatient. Now that I'm a bit older and a bit more patient with things, I figure it's high time to get a Crobat.

Edit: How could I forget Trapinch?! Any game Flygon is available in you can bet it will be on my in-game team! Love for Flygon comes mostly from nostalgia, but the design has always been a favorite.

Back