ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I want a Mega Swellow and...

Mega Unfezant. Unlike other Mega Pokémon, there will still be gender differences.

I'm thinking it could be based on an overfed feral/pet bird, so its stats could look like this:
HP: 80
Attack: 115
Defense: 130
Sp. Attack: 100
Sp. Defense: 110
Speed: 53

Its speed goes down a lot, because it's overweight, but at the same time, its Defenses and Special Attack go up a lot, making it a bulky Pokémon.

It has the Ability Feather Armor, which halves damage from Special Moves. Mega Unfezant keeps the same typing.

Mega Swellow could be based more on a Swift, so unlike all other bird Pokémon, Mega Swellow stays in the air, as Swifts live almost their whole lives in the sky.

Because it can't land and it's well adapted for flying, its speed goes up tremendously.
HP: 60
Attack: 110
Defense: 70
Sp. Attack: 50
Sp. Defense: 70
Speed: 170

Its type changes from Normal/Flying to pure Flying and gains the ability Aerilate. Its Height goes from 2'4, to 1'4 and its weight from 43.7 pounds, to 17.5 pounds.

ryter78

Actually a Ditto in disguise
Not sure if it's been said yet, but I've heard rumors of Mega Altaria, being a dragon/fairy type. It learns moonblast and can be taught dazzling gleam with the TM. I look forward to it because I love contrasting dual types.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

ryter78 said:
Not sure if it's been said yet, but I've heard rumors of Mega Altaria, being a dragon/fairy type. It learns moonblast and can be taught dazzling gleam with the TM. I look forward to it because I love contrasting dual types.

Yes! Finally, a PROPER mega bird! Though, it does lose its flying type. >_>

Mitja

veteran smartass
So the pokemon that has its wings made of freaking clouds as the main part of its design...would lose it's Flying type?

Right.

I'd even take a Dragon/Fairy Mega Salamence rumor more serious.

Ghost King

I am the Ruler of all Ghost Pokemon.
RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Mitja said:
So the pokemon that has its wings made of freaking clouds as the main part of its design...would lose it's Flying type?

Right.

so Mega Mawile has to menacing razor teeth mouths off the back of its head and its a fairy!

Chespin777

Spikey shield!
Anyone noticed the Johto starter dolls, decorated in the secret bases that were shown in the screenshots, and the trailer? I'm getting the distinct impression that is a confirmation that the Johto starters will return in OR/AS.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

Chespin777 said:
Anyone noticed the Johto starter dolls, decorated in the secret bases that were shown in the screenshots, and the trailer? I'm getting the distinct impression that this is a confirmation that the Johto starters will return in OR/AS.

Don't we need the Gen 4 Starters more? You could get the Gen 2 Starters in Gen 2 games, three or four times in Gen 3 and in Gen 2 re-makes.

Chespin777

Spikey shield!

Blob55 said:
Chespin777 said:
Anyone noticed the Johto starter dolls, decorated in the secret bases that were shown in the screenshots, and the trailer? I'm getting the distinct impression this is a confirmation that the Johto starters will return in OR/AS.

Don't we need the Gen 4 Starters more? You could get the Gen 2 Starters in Gen 2 games, three or four times in Gen 3 and in Gen 2 re-makes.

Of course we need Gen 4 starters! Because they are the only starters that weren't obtainable for a long period of time. Sinnoh starters were only available in D/P/PLT, those games came like 8 years ago.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Ghost King said:
Mitja said:

Right.

so Mega Mawile has to menacing razor teeth mouths off the back of its head and its a fairy!

Fairy doesn't mean a cutesy Tinkerbell... thats a very narrow statement.

Fairy can encompass mythological creatures/legends in general. Mawile is based on the Japanese legend of the futakuchi-onna (a woman with a mouth on the back of her head), so Fairy fits her. (plus it shows that Fairy can have a scary side)

But thats irrelevant to your point, which I'm assuming is:
Mega Mawile doesn't particularly look Fairy-like but is a Fairy.

With Altaria, it's a different case.
Altaria's clouds are a huge part of its design. Considering Mega Evolution takes on the current features of a Pokemon and upgrades them (Blastoise getting one super cannon on its back & 2 on its arms, Venusaur getting trees and a larger flower, Mega Mawile getting a second set of teeth). Altaria's cloud wings are definitely one of its biggest features. There's no way they'd take that out in Mega Evolution. If anything... they'd get bigger and more impressive.
I'd like a Dragon/Fairy Mega Altaria as much as the next guy, but I think it's just illogical (for the reasons above).

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon

Chespin777 said:
Blob55 said:

Of course we need Gen 4 starters! Because they are the only starters that weren't obtainable for a long period of time. Sinnoh starters were only available in D/P/PLT, those games came like 8 years ago.

WHAAAAAAAAAATT!? Oh my, time goes fast! And to think that I was born when something called the USSR existed! :( :rolleyes:

But yeah, we need Sinnoh starters more than Johto's. Also, I don't want to see any time wasted on Gen. II and IV remakes just because of Mega-Evolutions. Gen. VI seemed like something that came out short of what it could have been - when it comes to new Pokémon due to Mega-evolution - and so a new generation after AS/OR is what I'd like to see.

Gentlefish

Hero of Truth
Ghost King said:
Mitja said:

Right.

I think you're missing the point. Since the Flying type is sometimes nearly equated to the classical element of air (see Air Slash, Tornadus), Mitja's saying it would be weird for something with a serious air association (cloud wings) to drop Flying in favor of Fairy.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer

His Goominess said:
Ghost King said:

Fairy doesn't mean a cutesy Tinkerbell... thats a very narrow statement.

Fairy can encompass mythological creatures/legends in general. Mawile is based on the Japanese legend of the futakuchi-onna (a woman with a mouth on the back of her head), so Fairy fits her. (plus it shows that Fairy can have a scary side)

But thats irrelevant to your point, which I'm assuming is:
Mega Mawile doesn't particularly look Fairy-like but is a Fairy.

With Altaria, it's a different case.
Altaria's clouds are a huge part of its design. Considering Mega Evolution takes on the current features of a Pokemon and upgrades them (Blastoise getting one super cannon on its back & 2 on its arms, Venusaur getting trees and a larger flower, Mega Mawile getting a second set of teeth). Altaria's cloud wings are definitely one of its biggest features. There's no way they'd take that out in Mega Evolution. If anything... they'd get bigger and more impressive.
I'd like a Dragon/Fairy Mega Altaria as much as the next guy, but I think it's just illogical (for the reasons above).

Really it's illogical to call things illogical in this game. I'm all for it. I mean honestly if gamefreak wanted to do it, they could, and as usual they wouldn't care a bit about any logic including.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Gentlefish said:
Ghost King said:

I think you're missing the point. Since the Flying type is sometimes nearly equated to the classical element of air (see Air Slash, Tornadus), Mitja's saying it would be weird for something with a serious air association (cloud wings) to drop Flying in favor of Fairy.
Not really.

*looks at Mega Charizard X*

Mega Altaria could totally be Dragon/Fairy.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod

Teal said:
Gentlefish said:
Not really.

*looks at Mega Charizard X*

Mega Altaria could totally be Dragon/Fairy.

Even if we ignores His Goominess's point about the clouds feature just look at what Altaria is: its a bird. It's not even looks like a dragon. They can't take flying from it.

SynxS1N

Follow your heart...
I said it last time and I'll say it again, MEGA LUDICOLO!!!!!

I mean the pokemon deserves it, Trying to be unbiased, although he is one of my favorite pokemon. Without swift swim it is pretty subpar and it could easily take advantage of the power boost a mega form would provide, both in casual campaign and competitive settings.

But beside that, how awesome would that look? Lol

FoxFire

Fox Pokemon Rule!
Make Mega Altaria Dragon/Fairy, then give it Levitate. Problem solved. :)

Not going to happen, but I'd like to see Mega Stones for Kalos Pokemon, especially the starters.

And Goodra, just 'cause reasons.

bacon

!!!!!
I think Garbodor should mega evolve into a trash can monster and gain a Steel type. Poison/Steel is a real quirky and useful typing.

Not quite sure what ability it would deserve. Priority has been done to death this gen, but I guess Prankster would sorta fit. Sticky Hold and Stench are the best flavour abilities but rofl so useless on a mega.

Mitja

veteran smartass

bacon said:
I think Garbodor should mega evolve into a trash can monster and gain a Steel type. Poison/Steel is a real quirky and useful typing.

Not quite sure what ability it would deserve. Priority has been done to death this gen, but I guess Prankster would sorta fit. Sticky Hold and Stench are the best flavour abilities but rofl so useless on a mega.

Levitate! (LOL)

Or Prankster and let it learn Magnet Rise XD

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I want Megas for Gen 5 and 6 Pokemon. There are tons of Pokemon that would be good targets for this, like Eelektross, Druddigon, Klinklang, Vanilluxe, Barbaracle, Pyroar, etc. Those with good stat totals, but need a little something extra to make them good. (Admittedly, a couple like Klinklang and Pyroar also have other issues.) Aside from that, Megas of the Fossil Pokemon would be neat. Particularly Armaldo and Carracosta.