ORAS What New & Returning Features Do You Want in OR / AS?

Bolt the Cat said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
Impossible to find each day? Feebas' tiles only change when the trendy phrase changes in Dewford so they aren't impossible to find each day! All we have to do is fishing and do it for an amount of time, even if it takes more than one day. About making it easier to find, like I've said above, Feebas has a status quo to mantain and so let Feebas' catch method in Hoenn stay as it was, that's my opinion. The maximum I support is adding perhaps another one or two tiles.

So you'd rather sift through literally 400 tiles of river looking for one of 6 tiles that gives you about a 20% chance of a Feebas rather than wait 30 seconds for a tile to show up? I honestly don't get how that's better.

I also don't see why Feebas should remain stupidly rare, I mean they don't have to make it stupidly common, but making it a giant game of find the needle in the haystack is going too far.
This was exactly what I was trying to get at earlier, thank you ^_^.

On the topic of new features, or rather, a returning feature.... sort of...

Id like them to implement something akin to the flower patches (not flowers per se) that were in X and Y into ORAS. In these patches, you could find "exotic creatures" that are not specifically Hoenn native- and the patches could even work like swarms, where every day each patch on each route could yield one or two different kinds of non-Hoenn species. If they implemented this, it would allow them to expand the dex a little bit, while keeping most of the route design and integrity intact aka the Pokemon that used to be naturally found there. It could even be shaking spots/dust clouds or something of the like because well, I really just personally want the dex/Pokemon available expanded to somewhat match X/Y.

Bolt the Cat said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
Impossible to find each day? Feebas' tiles only change when the trendy phrase changes in Dewford so they aren't impossible to find each day! All we have to do is fishing and do it for an amount of time, even if it takes more than one day. About making it easier to find, like I've said above, Feebas has a status quo to mantain and so let Feebas' catch method in Hoenn stay as it was, that's my opinion. The maximum I support is adding perhaps another one or two tiles.

So you'd rather sift through literally 400 tiles of river looking for one of 6 tiles that gives you about a 20% chance of a Feebas rather than wait 30 seconds for a tile to show up? I honestly don't get how that's better.

I also don't see why Feebas should remain stupidly rare, I mean they don't have to make it stupidly common, but making it a giant game of find the needle in the haystack is going too far.

Like I've said:
"I like the hardship and feeling of accomplishment after getting one like it's supposed to be, otherwise Feebas would be easily available in Hoenn!"

You really must have loved XY! :rolleyes:

NoDice said:
Bolt the Cat said:

This was exactly what I was trying to get at earlier, thank you ^_^.

On the topic of new features, or rather, a returning feature.... sort of...

Id like them to implement something akin to the flower patches (not flowers per se) that were in X and Y into ORAS. In these patches, you could find "exotic creatures" that are not specifically Hoenn native- and the patches could even work like swarms, where every day each patch on each route could yield one or two different kinds of non-Hoenn species. If they implemented this, it would allow them to expand the dex a little bit, while keeping most of the route design and integrity intact aka the Pokemon that used to be naturally found there. It could even be shaking spots/dust clouds or something of the like because well, I really just personally want the dex/Pokemon available expanded to somewhat match X/Y.

That only really works well with large regional dexes where they need to fit a lot of Pokemon into a smaller amount of areas. Hoenn is the exact opposite, it's a smaller selection of Pokemon spread to a lot of areas, and even if they did expand it, I wouldn't make the regional dex larger than 300, otherwise the 3rd gen Pokemon become too diluted and lose focus. Regardless, for whatever stupid reason Game Freak really doesn't like using alternative grass patches like Double Grass and flower patches for new species of Pokemon, they almost always repeat the same distribution and just change the levels, so I don't think they'd do this. It'd be pretty easy to mix in plenty of older Pokemon without such a mechanic because most of the area distributions are pretty lacking.

As far as alternative distribution methods go, I think Hordes would be useful, they could use that to distribute more Hidden Abilities and move some of the unevolved Pokemon from the normal rosters to free up room for new species.

Does anyone think they will keep the Horde Battle (misspelled I think), I like that the most, especially if they can have the dream world ability, or hidden abilities, I think that would be amazing, I like the horde battle feature, it made it more realistic imo. but if a hoard of wobuffet come out I will scream! 5 wobuffet used destiny bond noooooo lol

I'm hoping that they'll have Tutors, since they are effectively the "expansion" to X/Y, at least in my eyes... :p

Sheriff_K said:
I'm hoping that they'll have Tutors, since they are effectively the "expansion" to X/Y, at least in my eyes... :p

Almost certainly. At this point, I'd say Move Tutors are practically a given for mid gen games, we've had them in every mid gen game since FRLG.

I'd like to see something with the music where, depending on where you are, the music may change a bit. For example, Fortree city trainer battle music might have more flutes and natural sounds in it to fit the jungle-ish thing they have going on there. And Route 111 might have more southeastern instruments in the battle music. Also, I think gyms and gym leaders should have individual themes too.

They better bring back Pokemon-Amie, PSS, and Super Training. Also, if secret bases don't return (Which I don't see why they wouldn't) I'd probably cry.

SkyeVictini said:
Everyone's talking about getting Feebas in OR/AS, and I'm just sitting here praying that they keep Pokemon-Amie.

All kidding aside, please, please, PLEASE don't let them get rid of Pokemon-Amie!
Now that I think about it, if they do keep it, they might rename it considering that we are no longer in a region based off France. I wonder what they would call it?

Taking into account the nature of the PkAmie and the reason why Mr. Stone developed the PkNav, I wouldn't be surprised if they put the PkAmie as another feature (it might keep it's name) of the PkNav, so I think it's highly likely that it'll make a comeback.

Leaf_Ranger said:
SkyeVictini said:
Everyone's talking about getting Feebas in OR/AS, and I'm just sitting here praying that they keep Pokemon-Amie.

All kidding aside, please, please, PLEASE don't let them get rid of Pokemon-Amie!
Now that I think about it, if they do keep it, they might rename it considering that we are no longer in a region based off France. I wonder what they would call it?

Taking into account the nature of the PkAmie and the reason why Mr. Stone developed the PkNav, I wouldn't be surprised if they put the PkAmie as another feature (it might keep it's name) of the PkNav, so I think it's highly likely that it'll make a comeback.

So wait, you're saying that Mr.Stone will make an invention where you can play with your Pokémon? I'd be shocked and angry if Pokémon Amie is some kind of invention that you have to buy or obtain in OR/AS instead of something that you can do right at the start.

Reggie McGigas said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

So wait, you're saying that Mr.Stone will make an invention where you can play with your Pokémon? I'd be shocked and angry if Pokémon Amie is some kind of invention that you have to buy or obtain in OR/AS instead of something that you can do right at the start.

Now introducing Pokemon Playpals! the new technology that allows you to play with your pokemon! Pet them! Feed them! Play games with them! Watch them begin to love you as you care for them! Then, right after, use our Battle Tech to battle with your pokemon! Without Devon Corp to make all these wonderful things, you wouldn't be able to do anything!

Anyway, jokes aside, I realized a few things earlier. Birch is getting new un-dorky art! There will be another one of those Jirachi events with this game. Also, we may end up seeing some Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos trainers somewhere in the region. Can you imagine finding Wake there with Brawly? Lol

Reggie McGigas said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Hum, you're absolutely right. I hadn't thought that! That said, I can see it being available from the start but then incorporated into the PkNav.

I may cry if Emerald's Battle Frontier isn't included.

Internal crying of course.

But still crying.

SkyeVictini said:

They must bring Pokemon Amie back. How else could you evolve Eevee into Sylveon?

scattered mind said:
They must bring Pokemon Amie back. How else could you evolve Eevee into Sylveon?

There's precedent for evolution mechanics changing between generations as the result of a mechanic no longer being in the game. See: Feebas/Milotic. Once Contests were no longer a thing, they originally included a beauty-raising mechanic via Daisy and the Haircut Brothers in HGSS, then added another evolution method entirely in Gen V by letting Feebas evolve if traded while holding a Prism Scale.

Athena said:
scattered mind said:

There's precedent for evolution mechanics changing between generations as the result of a mechanic no longer being in the game. See: Feebas/Milotic. Once Contests were no longer a thing, they originally included a beauty-raising mechanic via Daisy and the Haircut Brothers in HGSS, then added another evolution method entirely in Gen V by letting Feebas evolve if traded while holding a Prism Scale.

Yes. I forgot about Milotic.
I actually wouldn't mind if they won't bring back Pokemon Amie if it means we will have a simpler way to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.
They can always put it back in Pokemon Z or something.
It is not like we will get new Pokemon this game so it is really unnecessary IMO.

So this is not really a new feature more of an upgrade. I would really like for the game chat feature to have the ability to let you chat while still playing the game and also have group chat so I can chat with more than one friend at a time. I would love if they would make that happen. Also I'm not sure where to add this but I would really like a move that negates weather effects. I know there are abilities and items but I would like a move to help counter all of these stall teams I face

Things I really want to see ...
1. XY's anti-frustration measures remaining. Berry fields, group EXP Share, breeding mechanics, etc.
2. More/easier ways to obtain evolution stones.
3. Hidden Grottos (or some other way to obtain Hidden Ability pokemon)
4. Rematches! Gym leaders/E4 with higher levels and Pokemon from other regions, trainer rematches via Vs. Seeker or something else ...
4a. Gym leaders with full teams. There's no excuse for a gym leader having two Pokemon.
5. Double, Triple, and Rotation battles, including Wildones.

Things I would really like to see, but realize that they'd be infeasible to do in a mid-gen game ...
1. More Fairy moves and retyping a couple of 'Mon to add Fairy (Delcatty springs to mind) typing, and
2. Nerf Stealth Rock. I hate that move SO MUCH.

What if they re-added honey and headbutting? And made it so the rare wild pokemon would only appear under certain conditions? Like, let's say a keckleon appears only if you have a bug-type in the lead of the party, or a Volbeat/Illumise if you have a certain grass-type up front? That, or they just do what they did in gen 3 and have rarer pokemon at the edge of the grass.

Chocolate Death said:
What if they re-added honey and headbutting? And made it so the rare wild pokemon would only appear under certain conditions? Like, let's say a keckleon appears only if you have a bug-type in the lead of the party, or a Volbeat/Illumise if you have a certain grass-type up front? That, or they just do what they did in gen 3 and have rarer pokemon at the edge of the grass.

I wouldn't mind the return of headbutting and honey, this last one only in Petalburgh Woods and route 117.

Has that last sentence been proven true? I never thought that, realised it or tested it!

Back