Official E3 2014 Discussion Thread

Next is EA.

Expectations
- STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT (HELL YEAH EDITION)
- Mirror's Edge 2
- Battlefield: Hardline
- something else Star Wars
- something about Plants vs Zombies
- Titanfall DLC stuff
- Origin stuff
- Mass Effect 4 sneak peak
- SOMETHING NEW

Very...uh...underwhelming, I wanna say. Once again they stuck to the games, but they didn't really show many games. The games everyone wanted to see were stuck with a "making of" trailer. Mirror's Edge 2 was the only one that showed actual gameplay, and even that was just in the prototype stage. The conference was pretty much Dragon Age > SPORTSMUSCLESFOOTBALLSOCCEROHMANSPORTS > Battlefield: Hardline > byebye!

"So many feels!" + Hitting a golf ball over a battleship that is crashing into an island. But yeah, it was the usual EA "bleh". Ubisoft has Aisha Tyler again, so that'll be fun. Having both AC: Unity AND The Division at Microsoft was a bit odd, so it'll be interesting to see what they do in their own thing.

EDIT: Humble Bundle has an E3-special bundle that basically equates to "$1 for a month of Twitch Turbo (lets you watch Twitch streams ad-free)": https://www.humblebundle.com/twitche3

>show Far Cry 4
>"here at Ubisoft, we start big and only get bigger"
>waste time on Just Dance '15 right after

jesus christ how terrible

Soooo this is a bit early, but I'm going to post my Nintendo expectations (and hopeless dreams) here. This isn't everything, obviously.

What I actually thing might happen:
- Mewtwo confirmed for Smash, as well as maybe one more newcomer and several returning fighters (probably originals, like Captain Falcon)
- Smash release dates
- NFC Smash figures
- Some other game mode that makes Wii U Smash better than the 3DS one
- Hyrule Warriors release date and tons of details
- Zelda U is in the Majora's Mask timeline (and might include similar mechanics), or Majora's Mask remake
- New Metroid
- New Miyamoto franchise thing
- Mario Party 10

What I want to happen but probably won't:
- RIDLEY CONFIRMED
- Super Mario Galaxy 3
- Super Mario Sunshine 2, or an HD remake of the original Sunshine
- Paper Mario U
- A Pokémon game in HD (don't like current Pokémon game graphics--gimme a Pokémon game that looks like Mario Kart 8)
- Mew2King showing up at the inviational

RAINBOW SIX
RAINBOW SIX
RAINBOW SIX

TOO BAD MULTIPLAYER WILL NEVER BE THAT WELL COORDINATED LOL

uhh Ubisoft was bad, but it was sprinkled with a few goodies.

Ubisoft's was better than Microsoft's, but again, really underwhelming. It was mostly either tried and true franchises that we've seen several times already or stuff we already knew about, nothing really new or exciting.

Grades so far:

Microsoft: C-, mostly multiplat with very little gamplay shown. Better than last year, but that's not saying much.
EA: D-, SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS. welp, at least we got Battlefront CONCEPT ART. >[
Ubisoft: F------, never in my life has something been so painful to sit through.

Sony really doesn't have to do much to win day one.

PG24 said:
Ubisoft: F------, never in my life has something been so painful to sit through.

Elaborate please. I don't see what's so terrible about this conference. It wasn't very exciting, but I wouldn't call it "painful" by any means.

It wasn't so much the games, but rather the presentation. Far Cry 4 and RS:S look great, albeit the latter has a misunderstood conception on how the mutiplayer will actually play out. The conference was overrun by filler content like that workout game (they didn't even mention Kinect once lel) and Just Dance that nobody wants outside of the extremely casual market and a piss drunk me. While there were great spurts, the conference as a whole was drowned out by the presentation.

F- is a bit dramatic yes. It's just that any excitement I had for the last thing they showed was quickly killed by the next. D- is a bit more realistic to what I got from it.

20 minutes until Sony's E3 Victory 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Personally I thought Microsoft's conference was fine and good, but they played it safe. Didn't really go above and beyond. Granted, it was significantly better than last year's, but still.

Halo: Master Chief Collection was really the only big announcement. Sunset Overdrive looks cool though.

Microsoft's conference was not that bad, I mean Halo: Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 looked amazing. Granted, that was the only part of the conference that I cared about.
EA sucked. Way to blue ball us with Battlefront, though. No other big game reveals after that and too much time spent with Sports.
Ubisoft wasn't too bad, definitely better than EA. Assassin's Creed looked good though.

Waiting for Sony and I gotta say, after they pulled Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV my hype for E3 dropped drastically.

LITTLE BIG PLANET 3

SONY WINS

Man, they just sprung that on us. Sony wastes no time delivering greatness.

First three topics and PlayStation already won with consistent news, information, and games throughout and it's not even over yet. I have to admit, Sony is doing well. Hopefully we can still see some MGS or something like that before the conference ends.

Destiny
Far Cry 4
Little Big Planet 3
No Man's Sky
Metal Gear Solid 5
The Last of Us: Remastered
Uncharted 4

All great stuff.

Playstation TV for $99. Owners of a Sony TV can play Playstation Now without a Playstation system. More stuff. Wow. What a conference.

But the biggest thing for me was Grand Theft Auto 5 on PS4. That alone was a huge surprise, but the bigger one was the transferring of saves from the Xbox 360 to the PS4. That came out of nowhere, and I fully expected it to be restricted to just PS3. Very excited.

Quick edit: GTA V has been confirmed to be coming to PS4, Xbox One, AND PC HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT OOOOOOOOOOOOH PCMASTERRACE.

10/10 COATY

Sony saved the day. A-, only because the middle of the presentation was pretty boring. Uncharted 4, LBP3, indie titles, Playstation TV, and a sneak peak at some of the multiplat games coming out were all amazing. Buying the PS4 was a great investment for the future. B]

Oh god "A Thief's End" is such a great and scary title for an Uncharted fan like me. Hopefully this isn't the end of Nathan.

and gta v safjwefgljglj thank you based sony god

Now this is more like it. Little Big Planet 3 was a nice surprise, I like the new characters. No Man's Sky also looks pretty neat. And I might be interested in Uncharted 4, provided it doesn't have the genre roulette problems of 3. Overall, I wasn't completely amazed, but at least this lineup was more satisfying and shows more potential than anything else today. B+

Sony are completely taking this generation by storm. Microsoft really need to concentrate on big reveals rather than the same old CoD opening and new Tom Clancy game reveal. The Halo collection was welcome news and has stolen the whole show for me as a Halo fan.

Neil Druckmann returns to Uncharted 4 after being absent in 3 which is great news. If he can do what he did with 2, the game should be amazing. Not that 3 was bad, it just wasn't as good as 2.

Bruce Straley also joins him. They both directed The Last of Us. Yeeeeeeeeeee~

Uncharted 4! ^_______^

I love Uncharted. I've spent hundreds of hours on both their campaigns and multiplayer. Also, "A Thief's End" sounds really awesome but I'm scared it'll also be the end of Nate or even the whole series ;-;

Back