Finished Kingdoms - Congratulations Drohn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
~Welcome to PokeBeach’s Kingdoms~

A game played via simulator ([link]), where you'll have to build your Pokémon army to conquer other kingdoms. Every kingdom begins with eight Pokémon of one type, eventually building their army with more powerful and different typed Pokémon.​

Signing Up and Getting Ready

• In order to join, please post a reply stating you wish to do so and your primary Pokémon type. The types are not restricted; multiple members can sign up with the same primary type.
  • After signing up, at any time before the game begins, you must PM me (Keeper of Night) a list of 8 Pokémon of your chosen type using the format below. Any players who have not sent in a list by game start will be removed from the game.
  • At any time before the game begins, you may change your type (in-thread), so long as you haven't already sent in your list of Pokémon.

Phases and Gameplay

The game will consist of three phases, Day, Night, and Event. Day phases are when wars take place, whereas trades happen during the Night. Events can happen (publicly or in private for specific players) during the day, at night, or in separate phases in which players may choose to participate themselves. Details are given when each Event starts.

• Day phases last a week, or until all matches are completed.
  • Night phases last three days.
  • Events last until it's selected phase is over. Event phases last until they are completed.

• During day phases you may:
    • Challenge other Kingdoms to battle (once a day).
    • Each challengemust follow the regulations set by the day update.
    • Challenge another kingdom by posting in bold: I, >name<, declare war upon >kingdom<.
    • Accept or rebuke your challenge. Denying challenges comes at the loss of 2 areas of land (-2 score).
    • Negotiate with other Kingdoms as long as you keep me informed. If deals are made, the trade may not be completed until the following night phase.
  • During night phases you may:
    • Trade Pokémon or items in public (in-thread) or private (private message). Items and Pokémon can be traded or sold, with no set guide for doing so. One-for-one does not always apply here. Make sure to inform me when trading in private.
    • Compete in private events, conducted via PM.
  • During event phases you may:
    • Choose to participate or to skip an event. It is not necessary to compete in every event, nor is there a penalty for not participating. However, there will be bonuses to those who win said events.

Pokémon Lists & Set Up

• Use the following format to send in your original 8 Pokémon.

Code:
    [b]Username:[/b] 

Type: 

Kingdom Name: 

Pokémon:

1. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability

2. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability

3. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability

4. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability

5. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability

6. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability

7. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability

8. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability
  • None of the following Pokémon may be present in your original 8 starters:
    Legal DW Clause is in effect. Pokémon can only have released Hidden Abilities.
    Any Legendary Pokémon.
    Any Fossil Pokémon.
    Absol
    Bouffalant
    Castform
    Ditto
    Druddigon
    Eevee
    Hawlucha
    Heracross
    Kangaskhan
    Klefki
    Mawile
    Miltank
    Nincada
    Pinsir
    Rotom
    Shuckle
    Sigilyph
    Skarmory
    Tauros
    Torchic
    Torkoal
    Tropius
  • Pokémon that have your primary type in any of their evolutionary stages or forms may be chosen. This includes Mega Pokémon as well. (The ability Protean does not count as a type in their line or a form change, and as such, does not apply.)
  • Take note that natures and abilities are not changeable through normal circumstances. I will keep a record of all Pokémon to ensure they don't change without permission.
  • Abilities that increase evasion are allowed.
  • Moves, EVs, and IVs are interchangeable at any time, and do not require permission. Only restriction here being that all moves must be chosen out of each Pokémon’s Level-Up and Egg moves.
  • TMs, HMs, and tutor moves are not allowed until there are tutors to visit (Events?) and when TMs are for sale. After gaining access to the Tutor, TM, or HM move, it is from then on able to be used on any of your eligible Pokémon (you do not need to see the tutor more than once for each move).
  • OHKO moves may not ever be present on any Pokémon.
  • Moves that increase evasion may not ever be present on any Pokémon.
  • TMs and Move Tutor moves do NOT carry over if traded. The current trainer must have access to the move in order to have his Pokémon learn it.
  • Gender does not matter. Like in Pokemon Conquest, the pokemon can evolve into any gender-specific form as long as it fills the other requirements.
  • All Pokémon must be chosen in their most basic forms, baby forms included. Pokémon can evolve by increasing their Rank (details later).
  • All Pokémon are set to level 100 for battles, and as such do not have any restrictions on Level-Up moves.

Player and Pokémon Stats

• Each player starts with their chosen Pokémon, a kingdom divided in fifths, and 5000 gold coins in their treasury. More coins may be earned through Events, or selling Pokémon and Items to other players. Note that tutors and TMs require gold coins to obtain, at times through auction. Some Events also require an entrance fee, with greater prizes if they do.
  • You do not start with any items that Pokémon can hold. So for the first Day at least, all battles will be conducted item-less.
  • When you lose land to another player, it is not added to theirs (we'd have an endless game when we hit 2-4 players). It is simply removed from the game. As such, the "land" is treated more like health points. Lose all 5, and you're out. More points may be earned, sometimes by buying more land, sometimes by winning it.
  • Instead of leveling up, Pokémon get stronger depending on their Rank.
  • All Pokémon start at Rank 0.
  • Each Pokémon maxes out at Rank 5.
  • Ranks carry over when traded.
  • At Rank 2, Pokémon can use TMs that their owner has obtained.
  • At Rank 3, Pokémon can evolve into their first stage.
  • At Rank 4, Pokémon can use Move Tutor move their owner has access to.
  • At Rank 5, Pokémon are allowed to evolve into their final stage and/or Mega-Evolve, so long as the trainer has obtained the necessary stone.
  • Trade evolution Pokémon evolve at any Rank when traded, or at the respected Rank for the stage. Pokémon that also require trade items must have that item and be traded for them to evolve early.
  • Pokémon that evolve with friendship evolve at their normal rank.
  • Pokémon that evolve with stones evolve at any rank with the necessary stone, or at the normal rank without one.
  • Ranks are earned by winning challenges or battling opponents (see below).
  • If you were to ever forget any stat on literally anything (how much money you have, your Pokémon stock or ranks, items, move access, ect.), just ask. I will have a record of everything.

Battles: Beginning, Conducting, and Reporting

• When accepting a match, you must select 6 of your 8 Pokémon to battle your opponent. Upload these Pokémon to PS, and conduct your match there.
  • Be sure to save your Battle Video and send it to me for confirmation. No wins or loses count if I do not have the Battle Video.
  • To report a match, one of the players must PM me the battle video. I will then need to know what Pokémon you wish to apply ranks to, what Pokémon is being lost to the other player, ect.
  • Winner:
    • Receives 1 Pokémon used by opponent in battle. Opponent has no consent over this.
    • Receives +2 ranks, which may be applied to any of his Pokémon used in battle.
  • Not-So Winner:
    • Receives -1 point to their land score.
    • Loses 1 Pokémon used in battle (the leftover Pokémon are still unknown and unaffected).
    • Receives +1 rank to be applied to any of his Pokémon (this is chosen before the Pokémon is lost, and as such, could be given to the other player).
  • Tie:
    • If the battle ends with neither player having any Pokémon left, the battle is a tie. There are no exceptions to this. Rough Skin KOing your opponent's last Pokémon while they kill you leads to a tie, and other similar cases. (C'mon, you can't lead an army with no soldiers.)
    • If it is found that one player purposely avoided battling, they will be eliminated from the game.
    • Both players receive +1 rank to add to any Pokémon used in battle.
  • I shall do whatever I please to those who do not complete matches on time.

Complicated enough for you? Let us begin!

• Celever - Ice
  • Scorched Feathers - Flying
  • PMJ - Fairy
  • GM DracLord - Water
  • Luispipe8 - Fighting
  • peer - Psychic
  • Shampoo Thief - Poison
  • Drohn - Fire
  • Brave Vesperia - Rock

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: PokeBeach's Kingdoms

In, Ice. Despite the failure of the last game of this, I think you will make a fabulous host KoN! ;)

In. Fairy. Again.

I'd like to be a merchant of some kind. Mainly a Pokemon trader (or breeder, whatever) to allow kingdoms to gain more Pokemon with gold coins.

If that's allowed, of course.

on second thoughts, I'll be High Overlord Tsar King Emporer Presidente Wolf XXVI

WanderingWolf said:
I'd like to be a merchant of some kind. Mainly a Pokemon trader (or breeder, whatever) to allow kingdoms to gain more Pokemon with gold coins.

If that's allowed, of course.

on second thoughts, I'll be High Overlord Tsar King Emporer Presidente Wolf XXVI

I may be able to find a spot for that. We'll see.
So far, my ideas for such a role... Aren't that fun. :p

Glad to see you have this up and running with your changes. Looks great! :)

People ain't exactly pushing and shoving to sign up though.

PMJ said:
People ain't exactly pushing and shoving to sign up though.

It's barely been up two days. Patience is a virtue.
Maybe I will PM the other players who signed up for the last one, however.

On a separate note, I have decided to disallow other staff roles. Honestly, everything you guys want to do is already settled, and I would have to record it myself anyway. I am sorry to those of you who wanted to fill tutor/breeder/ect. positions, but they are not necessary for the game and would actually just scatter the information.

Wooo! A well thought out and explanatory first post containing all the information needed. Good luck Keeper, you'll be an awesome host and this should be a good game!

Well, I'll enter this mainly because I don't have that much to do these days and I was bored enough to not read past the P!S link. Before I select my type, can I choose, let's say:

Dragon and choose a Trapinch?

Also, are EV's, IV's and movesets fixed or can they be changed at will? Let's say, I've a Physical, I don't know, Sunkern, and decide to change it's stat spread to a more Special-oriented one, is that valid?

Yes, you can.
Pokémon that have your primary type in any of their evolutionary stages or forms may be chosen. This includes Mega Pokémon as well. (The ability Protean does not count as a type in their line or a form change, and as such, does not apply.)

Drohn said:
Yes, you can.
Pokémon that have your primary type in any of their evolutionary stages or forms may be chosen. This includes Mega Pokémon as well. (The ability Protean does not count as a type in their line or a form change, and as such, does not apply.)

And viceversa? Like having rock and choosing Onix, which loses that type when evolves?

@luis, like Drohn pointed out, you can have any pokemon in your primary type as long as it has that type in its evo line.
EVs and IVs are not set, and can be changed at any time. Natures and Abilities are not changeable. Moves are not set as long as the move comes from the pokemon's level up moves, or have access to the tutor move/TM.

@Drohn, stop stalling and sign up already.

Keeper of Night said:
Egg moves and level up moves are fine (maybe you should read the OP :p).

I did, I'm just not at my maximum cognitive potential and almost practically skimmed the OP. :p Now that's clear. Thanks, KoN, and I'll probably send the Pokémon later tonight or tomorrow.

Now I have a question that must be asked:

At what time do the Pokémon evolve into Stage 2's if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back