ORAS What New & Returning Features Do You Want in OR / AS?

I've played the games as both male and female [first as female], and i must say i love pretty much everything the male has but very, very, VERY little of what the female gets :\ sure the dudes got somewhat fewer options, but their options were good while half the girl stuff was skirts and frilly girly crap [or pink]. :\

So i think it should be more like; more things in general for guys, and more tomboy stuff for girls.

Or just make all clothes optional for all people.

I don't know about y'all, but I want the ability to remove our character's hat. I'm not a hat person, I really hate it. Also, men need more clothing options. I was really pissed about females' has more clothing than males'. Hopefully, they will fix that in OR/AS.

*fingers crossed*

I personally liked the o-powers, but only specific ones. I hope they keep the prize money, expirience, befriending, hatching, and bargain powers. The rest were kinda pointless to me.

I like the O-powers. I never used them playing through the game, but they're great for extra experience points and egg hatching when you're building competitive teams.

I definitely agree with the Contests...they NEED to come back, and I'd like to see them come back REALLY well. It will give people who don't like competitive battling another avenue to pursue, allow pokemon to be picked based on favourites and not their battling and make never used moves suddenly useful. Gen 3 had the best contest system, and I'd like to see it crossed with the pokemon Amie in someway. I love pokemon Amie! I want it to stay! Though, I don't need the decorations as much as just the interaction. I'm sure secret bases will be better for decorating.

And BATTLE FRONTIER needs to come back. Enough said.

And removable hats would also be fantastic!!! I was also really surprised that they didn't have more hair colours and options, especially for dudes. There was no curly hair!!!

I can really understand if they don't have your pokemon follow you, just because the amount of work it would be and just how much it would require of the cartridge. I can't help but feel, however, that some of the mechanics in X/Y are teasers for things that are gonna be expanded in X and Y...

Like sky battles were generally lots of fun, and would make a great addition to the Battle Frontier. I also think it could be a strong hint at Dive battles, as someone already mentioned, using only pokemon that swim underwater. It could make all that water we have to swim through more interesting. I'd personally love a HUGE battle frontier, with some of Sinnoh's frontier making a comeback. I wonder if inverse battles in X/Y would be in the OR/SE remake in the frontier, and that one battle was put in as a hint???

I also wonder if instead of pokemon following us, they'll let us ride certain pokemon that we actually own to make up for this, and maybe to replace the need for two different types of bikes. I always found that REALLY annoying in the original RSE games. They've already given us a taste in X/Y and they've had time to improve and pick more pokemon for artwork. We also got to ride our own lapras in this way, so I think it's entirely possible. I think we might even see MORE water pokemon with original sprites for Hoenn because, well, SO MUCH WATER.

I just can't help but feel like riding pokemon in general might be a bigger thing... like maybe pokemon races. After all , in X/Y your mom is a ryhorn racer, their have been several race episodes in the anime. Almost like the pokeathalon in soul silver was added, maybe we'll see races in Hoenn. I mean, they basically invented Gogoat to be ridden. I think it would be a great feature and would kind of make it up to all the people who want to see pokemon follow us again, even though I'm pretty sure it would be WAY to complicated.

You remember how one of the games had you be able to change gears on your bike? I hope they do that in the remakes so there's Mach gear and an Arco gear. As silly as it was, I liked to bunny hop on my bike everywhere...

The character customization. Game Freak finally made it possible - now they should improve it. I'm seriously disappointed of the fact that you can't even take your hat off (which'd be amazing). ;-;

Also, the soundtracks. Like I said before, they could as well use music from awesome remixers like Glitch & PokéRemixStudio. (who imo has the best ones like Abandoned Ship & Mt. Pyre) Also...

HORNS. LOTS OF HORNS. I WILL REQUIRE A SACRIFICE IF THERE AREN'T ENOUGH HORNS IN THE OST.

[split] New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

I've forgot to mention something in my previous post in this thread, I wanna see the Johto starters back! Remember in Pokemon Emerald if you've completed the Hoenn regional dex, as a reward for the regional dex completion, you get to pick 1 Johto starter from Proffessor Birch? It would be nice if they can afford for us in Pokemon OR/AS to get the Johto starters with their hidden abilities too! I don't think Pokemon OR/AS remakes will come empty handed, the remakes will probably have alot of things redeemed back. I mean there will be a plethora of legends, and past generation starters returning back. We may never know what will they include in the remakes?

It has been said many many times, but I would adore seeing my pokemon follow me, even if it is only outside due to size. Sceptile and Swampert getting megas would be excellent and simply in good taste. But my final wish is that some pokemon battle animations, such as charizard-x would be changed. The dragon doesnt flap its wings and is a physical attacker as it is. In my mind, he should be standing. there are many more that are shown flying simply with their wings static as could be that should either be flapping or standing. if they could implement a standing animation for normal battles and a flying one for...you guessed it, flying battles, that would be great. I recognize how off a chance this is, but I thought I'd put it out there. who knows, maybe Nintendo/game freak/pokemon has scouts that read our spiels to figure out what to do next :p

Me personally I would love to finally get to go to the Orange Islands from the anime. I would also like for them to do the games in the style of how they did the G/S remakes where they added the third version's story arch into the game, because I would really be disappointed if there is no Battle Frontier. IMO that was the best after game battle zone of them all with the PWT coming in second.

Oooh, another thing I forgot to mention in my other post:

Could we have the slide pad automatically bike for you the same way it was automatic skates in X/Y? I never ended up using my bike at all because the slide pad was much easier (and it still moved faster than running).

Athena said:
Oooh, another thing I forgot to mention in my other post:

Could we have the slide pad automatically bike for you the same way it was automatic skates in X/Y? I never ended up using my bike at all because the slide pad was much easier (and it still moved faster than running).

I've forgotten about the existence of a bicycle in XY. I'm still hoping for my skateboard.

I had an idea about Dive thing. What if you just get somekind of scuba diving gear at some point of game? You wouldn't need the dive attack.
Or what if pokemon which knows surf could automatically dive?
And what i want in these games: More customization, bigger and better postgame (including battle frontier) and nothing else really.

Stephen Williams said:
Me personally I would love to finally get to go to the Orange Islands from the anime. I would also like for them to do the games in the style of how they did the G/S remakes where they added the third version's story arch into the game, because I would really be disappointed if there is no Battle Frontier. IMO that was the best after game battle zone of them all with the PWT coming in second.

I would love to see the PWT, return back in Hoenn that would be awesome! Come to think of it, I think OR/AS have been in development since B2W2 were released.

I just wanna know if Scott is gonna be in these. My only concern.

Aaaaand, on a real note, please give me an amazing remastered soundtrack. Thx.

The mud hill you can endlessly grind on the bike to hatch eggs and raise Pokemon in daycare. :x

Here are some of the things I forgot to mention:

-What about Pokemon who can float/fly in the air could participate in Sky Battles? For instance, Reshiram
and Zekrom have wings, yet they can't participate in Sky Battles. And what about Mewtwo and Mew and the Creation
Trio (Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus)? Can you see them in the air?

-Pokemon from the Unova region gaining Mega Evolutions like Reshiram and Zekrom (maybe even Kalos Pokemon)

-Wireless Communications and WiFi underground bases.
Just like normal Secret Bases, but if players don't have any other people to go underground with, there could
be WiFi underground bases! Maybe with the maximum of 20-30 people per base... Any further explaining?

-Pokemon Contests and Poffin Houses (I really loved that)

-The Pokemon World Tournament, but with characters from previous games that battle you other than champions and Gym leaders (N, Silver, Barry...)

-Some Pokemon that are BANNED from battles can enter in these battles!

-And finally, trainers noticing when you have a legendary Pokemon in your team!

I want trainer customization to let me go hang out in Dewford in just some trunks like a normal beach goer would lol. Imagine having a beach party in the game.
As for new features, I want to see something that lets you customize your phrases for battle online like in PBR. Maybe even build your own theme? Like, it gives you some choices for battle themes and you select certain instruments to go in it and it'd automatically place them in. Like your character customization. You have the trainer and you just choose what to wear and it automatically has it all set up and smacks it on.

>50 posts
>nobody wants the Pokeathlon
What the hell is wrong with you people? It was way more fun than contests ever were.
Official true canon objective order of minigames:
Pokeathlon > Pokestar Studios > gen 3 contests >>>>>>>>> gen 4 contests. I don't think I ever tried musicals.
xayshade said:
...Brendan is 10...
The protagonist being 10 was invented by and only applies to the anime. Just like Mewtwo being created by Team Rocket. Nothing in the games says either are true.
RedGamer3 said:
-dive battles (can only use Pokemon that can learn dive)
Aerodactyl said:
I also think it could be a strong hint at Dive battles, as someone already mentioned, using only pokemon that swim underwater. It could make all that water we have to swim through more interesting.
Ew. Why would you ever want dive battles? Only 2 non-legendary and 6 legendary Pokemon that aren't Water types could participate. It would be pretty damn boring if everything was the same type (one that resists itself, no less). Did anyone even care that much about sky battles in the first place? I'd much rather have inverse battles become an actual battle platform outside of just that one house.
JiJi-T said:
I hope you can travel back to Kalos and fight the gyms, and other gymleaders, what they did in BW2. :D
I doubt they'd do that instead of making Z/X2Y2. It would be cool, though, because RS takes place at least like a decade before XY.
Alduin said:
- More customization options if it returns, including the ability to wear the opposite gender's clothing.
Good luck with that happening any time soon.
Athena said:
You do know that you can bike with the circle pad, right?
HoOhLugia said:
-What about Pokemon who can float/fly in the air could participate in Sky Battles? For instance, Reshiram
and Zekrom have wings, yet they can't participate in Sky Battles. And what about Mewtwo and Mew and the Creation
Trio (Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus)? Can you see them in the air?
I don't think Mewtwo has ever floated in the games. I thought it was pretty stupid that Hawlucha, a flying type, couldn't participate in sky battles.

Mewtwo has been shown levitating during attacks in games, and Hawlucha has wings like a cape, so of course it can't fly. Fly itself in combat is it basically using bounce instead.

Back