Pokemon When Can we Expect Generation VII?

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
Since Diancie reveal in Corocoro feb 2014
so Hoopa in feb 2015
Volcanion in feb 2016

and new generation pokemon will reveal in Corocoro feb 2017 with new movie .
It can't be late more than 2017 right ?

RE: we can expect 7th gen to come in 2017 right ?

Why would each reveal take a consecutive year? Especially since through hacking the game we actually know of them now. Also why would Gamefreak try to keep the life of XY running for so long? The third installment is never too far away and the pressure for R/S remakes has only been building.

RE: We can expect 7th gen to come in 2017 right ?

You also have to realise that there may not be an event legend movie each year *cough*Meloetta*cough*. It wouldn't be too out of the question for Hoopa or Volcanion to have an anime short or something.

Going by game wise:
-Pokemon Z/X2Y2/whatever will probably be revealed by the end of this year; I can only imagine it would be released from October-March 2015. Hoopa and Zygarde's (possible) new form revealed to tie in with them.
- Zygarde/Hoopa movie to tie in with that
-R/S remakes -if they're made- sometime in 2015
-Volcanion revealed in 2016, with it's movie in the summer of 2016

Then going from previous gens, there is a chance we'll get a final movie for Gen 6 starring a Gen 7 Pokemon in 2017

Gen 7 would be announced around then and would probably be released sometime in 2018.

And it's not like there'll be a lack of games, they'll probably give us some spinoffs to keep us happy *crosses fingers for a good Mystery Dungeon*

By 2017 the 7th gen should definitely be out. If they keep the 6th gen as short as the 5th, we get gen 7 in 2016. Since XY mention a new region already, I see them releasing a new game with a new region unexpectadly soon... who knows if they won't call it gen 6 part 2 anyway? o-o

I mean, I could totally see "Z" being "gen 6 part 2" with like 50 new Pokémon (no new starters), some of which are legendaries. Kind of a "delayed release". Also new mega evolutions of course (maybe even for all starters lacking one... at least the Hoenn ones).

I do want Gen 6 to last as long as Gen 3 and 4. Gens 3 and 4 lasted about 4 years. 3 years for Gen 5 was too short for me. And Gen 5 was shorter probably because they wanted to get Pokémon on the 3DS sooner. Black & White were announced around the time the 3DS was announced and released worldwide 3 weeks before the 3DS came out. Because no new Nintendo handheld has been annonced yet, Gen 6 could last until 2017.

Teal said:
By 2017 the 7th gen should definitely be out. If they keep the 6th gen as short as the 5th, we get gen 7 in 2016. Since XY mention a new region already, I see them releasing a new game with a new region unexpectadly soon... who knows if they won't call it gen 6 part 2 anyway? o-o

I mean, I could totally see "Z" being "gen 6 part 2" with like 50 new Pokémon (no new starters), some of which are legendaries. Kind of a "delayed release". Also new mega evolutions of course (maybe even for all starters lacking one... at least the Hoenn ones).

I hope this can be true . I want to see new pokemon already . 2017 is too long for me , can't wait .

RE: When can we expect Gen VII?

Teal said:

I could see that happening actually. At the very least it would be the best incentive to buy the third game so far. I hope Z (and the remakes if they come) keep us entertained with riddles like X/Y has done and that 6th gen has a healthy lifespan because of that.

In my opinion how bout we keep that new area still within Gen 6? or have no new Pokemon in it, theres too many Pokemon as it is unless they make new ways to evolve old ones or try hybrid Pokemon say a Pikachu with Pidgetto like wings. :)

I know I sound like the broken record of the fanbase, but between so few new evolutionary lines (and legendaries) being introduced in Gen VI and all the hints of another region, I can't help but feel like one of two things will happen, a) Gen VI will have a shelf-life similar to Gen V (that is to say, short), or b) Teal's prediction of Gen VI, pt II will happen, extending Gen VI a year or two.

There's only two new legendaries yet to be revealed (Hoopa and Volcanion), and even if revealed at one per year (early 2015 and early 2016 at the latest), I'd peg either a late 2016 or late 2017 release date for Gen VII. I just don't see how Gen VI could be stretched until 2018.

Personally, I can ride the Kalos train for a while longer. Im still enjoying every bit of this game and its still new to me even though I got it on the release date back in October, and I'll be psyched for when Z/whichever will eventually come out. I havent even begun to think of a gen 7 yet, but if I had to guess, 2016-17 seems pretty close to the call to me.

But then we have to take this rumor thats been floating around into consideration as well, the one where gen 7 games are already in the make and it takes place off of some Asian islands and theres starter descriptions and everything. I honestly don't buy it at all, none of the information even sounds like GameFreak's style, but its an interesting concept at least. It's just far too soon for a new generation and information of it to be leaked already.

2 unrevealed legends and you guys think they will save them for 2 more years on top of the current one? right.

Heres what it seems like to me:
-upcoming game is definitely the second part to Kalos (as there is no need for nostalgia filler before it what with "extra versions" getting more and more "new"), and if it doesn't come with more new pokemon, it will at least have a second wave of mega evolutions (I speculate Mega Sinnoh starters in the story, as we haven't been given those for the longest time)
-the movie after diancies will tie in and feature Zygarde and I assume Volcanion as the later reveal (natural balance vs powerplants anyone?)
-the game should be out less than 2 years after XY, so we might get the news of its/their existence this year already

As for Hoenn-talk, let it go lol.
The best chance are RSE sequels, but I wouldn't be surprised if gen 7 showed up instead.

Frankly, I doubt this generation can last much longer than two years. It is just too small, there is not enough to exploit the generation for more than that period of time. The reveal of a legendary each year wouldn't be exactly exiting, you can't use them most of the time and we already know how they look like.
With a little luck there will be a second part to generation VI, with more new Pokemon and Mega Evolutions and it would be realistic to think generation VI will last for at least three years in that case. If there is never going to be a second part I sincerely hope generation VII arrives in early to middle 2016 at latest.

I think it's still too early to join the hype train.

The best we can do now is take as much advantage of X & Y's new game mechanics as possible.

And as for my opinion on this thread, I'm guessing 2017 roughly for Gen VII.

We still need a third version/sequel for X & Y first, so that we can access some useful Move Tutor attacks for some of our Hidden Ability mons made easier to find.

The 3rd game will be out sometime next year and then in 2 years gen 7 will be out. Remember how fast gen 5 went? It took roughly 3 years to go through. I can tell you they are in the early stages for the next game. They have been working on it since October 13th last years so expect it around Spring or Fall next year. It is like working on the new years ball or parade. As soon as it drops or end they start procedures for the next ball drop or parade for the following year. The same goes for video games. When one is released in a series they start preperations on the next one the day after the release of the first 2 games. Now that technology is better it does not take as long as generations 1-4 did. The sapped got faster for gen 5 and faster for gen 6.:)

gen 5 is a bad example. They didn't have any choice, but finishing it as soon as practically possible due to being on an outdated system.

Well first, I think we'll be getting the next set of games in 2015, and maybe another game in 2016 if we're lucky. I think by about 2016/2017, Nintendo will launch the 3DS' successor, and then by 2017/2018, we'll get the 7th gen games.

Hmm...I'm not really certain when the next generation of games will come out, but 2017-18 seems reasonable. I'm kind of hoping I'm wrong and this generation lasts longer than that, because I think Game Freak can do a lot more with the X/Y graphics engine, region, and so on than they have already.

As for the 3DS's lifespan, it's only been out for 3 years. The original DS came out in 2004, and it lasted 7 years. I think we have some time left with the 3DS, since it took a few years for the system to really get popular.

Omanyte said:
As for the 3DS's lifespan, it's only been out for 3 years. The original DS came out in 2004, and it lasted 7 years. I think we have some time left with the 3DS, since it took a few years for the system to really get popular.

I don't think this gen will last as long as the last one, both the 3DS and Wii U are underperforming compared to previous consoles, and the Wii U is struggling in sales. Nintendo is most likely eager to usher in the next generation as soon as reasonably possible. And note that "reasonably possible" doesn't mean rush a new console to market in 2015, as console development tends to take a while so if we got a new one so soon it would probably be poorly designed and extremely buggy. 2016 for the new handheld and 2017 for the new console is a bit more reasonable, that would give the 3DS and the Wii U 5 years each, which is plenty of time for them to perfect their successors.

Why? 5th gen was shorter,as the 3DS was already out when BW came out here! The successor to the 3DS hasn't even been announced yet and even if it IS released next year in Japan, they could do like they did in 3rd gen and make a load of Spin-Off games for that console.

Uh, the 3DS is not underperforming, the 3DS is doing well now.

Back