Any Games You Can't Find Any Good In?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
After the end of Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow presumably died when he fell back down to earth. The music was touching and villains and heroes alike thought about the loss of the brave, and noble Hedgehog that sacrificed his life for all of those that live on the blue planet.

Now, when it was revealed Shadow was back in Sonic Heroes, did anyone question how the hell he survived the fall? Was there even as single non-cheesy conversation? Did people stop talking during the stages? No.
I seriously can't find ANYTHING good about it.

Nothing in Sonic Heroes really makes me care about any of the characters and some of their behavior around each other is completely contradicted in this game. For example:
  • Sonic can't stand to be in the same room with Amy in Sonic Heroes, even though in Sonic Adventure 2 he was fine around her
  • Knuckles left the Master Emerald unguarded, even though he knows it's his sworn duty to look after it
  • Big in Sonic Adventure is shown to be very slow, however, in this game he can keep up with everyone else

Another problem I have with this game is how the characters are portrayed and how their new character seems to stick with Sonic Heroes on. These characters and traits are:
  • Knuckles gets dumber in each game
  • Sonic keeps on saying dumb things (Like "It's Time to Rock and Roll" and "Let's Crack that Eggman wide open!"
  • Sonic can't take a single thing seriously and treats everything like a game
  • Charmy is 5

One big problem I have is the portrayal of Gammas "replacement", as he's a rather shallow character and there's oh so much wrong with him.
First of all, he wants to get revenge on Eggman by destroying all of his robots, even though they've done nothing to him. Second, he could of hired some double agents/spy robots to help him in conquering Eggman. Third, as said before, Omagea story is very shallow. To compare, I'll tell you Gammas: Gamma destroyed his brothers to free them of Eggmans grip, so they could live their lives as the animals they once were. He destroyed them so they'd know true freedom.

What about you? Are there any games you can't stand or find any reason to like them?

Yea, I didn't favor Sonic Herpes either. Oops, I meant Heroes. Really...
It had a horrible plot to the story, background, ugh, just ugh.

I can't find any good out of Call of Duty titles that are released over and over again from one of the most milked video game genres of all time being First-Person Shooters. Infact alot of today's Western Gaming titles I don't find much good in except for Grand Theft Auto V, Sleeping Dogs, and basically the entire Sandbox genre in general which alienates some Eastern Gamers. Western Platformers to me are mediocre compared to Eastern Platformers, although I thought Earthworm Jim, Vectorman, and Crash Bandicoot were amazing for their time and I'm not too fond of Rayman Legends by UbiSoft especially LittleBigPlanet.

I also don't find any good in MMO's cause alot of times people spend too many weeks and months on that genre while ignoring other mediums of entertainment in the process. I have friends who play MMO's like World of Warcraft but they don't devote their lives to it 24/7 like it's some kind of everyday cult or religion. Gamers are wanting more and more convenance cause they're getting older and don't have time for playing the kind of games they used to play when they were younger. Convenance is one thing but setting your priorities straight to balance out your enjoyment of any medium of entertainment is another especially with Table Top Gaming and Video Games as well.

I could probably roll off about 150 indie games, but I won't so:

Saw. I know it isn't a full-on game like GTA and Half-Life... But bloody hell. The story was crap, the gameplay was crap (searching through toilets, GREAT), just... I don't know. It was so unbelievably stupid compared to how good the films were. It seemed more like they were presenting an interactive remake of the movie, more then a videogame.

I walk into the thread and the OP is about one of my favourite games. Eh, I'm used to it.

Sonic Spinball is a game I'd say there was no good in, though. It's just really clunky and not fun to play at all. I'd take Sonic Pinball Party over it any day.

Blob55 said:
Nothing in Sonic Heroes really makes me care about any of the characters and some of their behavior around each other is completely contradicted in this game. For example:
  • Sonic can't stand to be in the same room with Amy in Sonic Heroes, even though in Sonic Adventure 2 he was fine around her
  • Knuckles left the Master Emerald unguarded, even though he knows it's his sworn duty to look after it
  • Big in Sonic Adventure is shown to be very slow, however, in this game he can keep up with everyone else

Another problem I have with this game is how the characters are portrayed and how their new character seems to stick with Sonic Heroes on. These characters and traits are:
  • Sonic keeps on saying dumb things (Like "It's Time to Rock and Roll" and "Let's Crack that Eggman wide open!"
  • Charmy is 5

look at all of these meaningful and totally relevant reasons as to why sonic heroes is a terrible game!

Card Slinger J said:
I can't find any good out of Call of Duty titles that are released over and over again from one of the most milked video game genres of all time being First-Person Shooters. Infact alot of today's Western Gaming titles I don't find much good in except for Grand Theft Auto V, Sleeping Dogs, and basically the entire Sandbox genre in general which alienates some Eastern Gamers. Western Platformers to me are mediocre compared to Eastern Platformers, although I thought Earthworm Jim, Vectorman, and Crash Bandicoot were amazing for their time and I'm not too fond of Rayman Legends by UbiSoft especially LittleBigPlanet.

I also don't find any good in MMO's cause alot of times people spend too many weeks and months on that genre while ignoring other mediums of entertainment in the process. I have friends who play MMO's like World of Warcraft but they don't devote their lives to it 24/7 like it's some kind of everyday cult or religion. Gamers are wanting more and more convenance cause they're getting older and don't have time for playing the kind of games they used to play when they were younger. Convenance is one thing but setting your priorities straight to balance out your enjoyment of any medium of entertainment is another especially with Table Top Gaming and Video Games as well.

wha

hey if all you want to do is point out bad games and bash sonic while doing it then look no further

One of my favorite games is Call of Duty 3 and I've tried playing the COD titles after but none of them really seemed pleasing to me.
I lost interest in GoW after GoW2 (which I REALLY loved.) Same for GTA, I stopped enjoying the game after San Andreas.
Surprisingly I haven't lost interest in Pokemon, yet. 15 years strong!

Diglett-Dig said:
I walk into the thread and the OP is about one of my favourite games. Eh, I'm used to it.

Sonic Spinball is a game I'd say there was no good in, though. It's just really clunky and not fun to play at all. I'd take Sonic Pinball Party over it any day.

Can you please tell me what you like about it.

Some Loser said:
Blob55 said:

• Charmy is 5

look at all of these meaningful and totally relevant reasons as to why sonic heroes is a terrible game!
hey if all you want to do is point out bad games and bash sonic while doing it then look no further

Those are relevant to me, because Sonics character completely changed from one game to another. What the hell happened between him and Amy?
Also, in SA2, Sonic seemed to be way more mature than he is now. It's like he caught Charmys age regression illness.

I tried Dead Rising 2 when it was the free game of the month on Xbox. I died. I didn't save. There were more cutscenes than gameplay time. No wonder it was free.

Dragon Pokémon said:
I tried Dead Rising 2 when it was the free game of the month on Xbox. I died. I didn't save. There were more cutscenes than gameplay time. No wonder it was free.
THAT'S a reason why you couldn't find any good in the game? That's just you being incompetent and forgetful, respectively.

I personally didn't see the good in Dead Island. Yes, there were many mixed thoughts of the game across the community, but I went in optimistic. The game just felt clunky and unfinished. I thought it was a good concept, but it could have been carried out better...

but it could have been carried out better...

It doesn't really help that the game trailer was emotional, and when the game came out, you were just running around killed women in bikinis and men in speedos. Oh, and the odd 'punk'

jdivinity said:
One of my favorite games is Call of Duty 3 and I've tried playing the COD titles after but none of them really seemed pleasing to me.
I lost interest in GoW after GoW2 (which I REALLY loved.) Same for GTA, I stopped enjoying the game after San Andreas.
Surprisingly I haven't lost interest in Pokemon, yet. 15 years strong!

I can't seem to enjoy any CoD game after Modern Warfare 2. They were all either extremely unbalanced (which should have been fixed but wasn't) or extremely boring (kind of hard to fix boring). Hopefully that will change with Ghosts coming out soon. People say that Activision is just playing the average consumer (no doubt they are) but I like the games, and will always give them a chance.

I can't enjoy any COD after 5... Then again, it might be that I like the WWII concept more.
A game I found to be totally meh was Mario&Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I know that some might disagree, but it's just how it felt to me. The idea was a bit dumb on its own, graphs I hated and overall a game that didn't contribute to the Mario series.

It's funny that this thread starts with a complain about a Sonic game, cause it's another Sonic game which made me come here: Sonic Advance 3. This was my first Sonic game since playing Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic & Tails, back in my Sega Master System II. I was expecting some evolution but I sure wasn't prepared for so much rush, little control of the character and exploration. The player just needs to push foward for a few moments and almost all levels have the characters just dash, roll and travel on something that almost takes us to the end of the level. Not only that, the game's world is divided into broken zones that you can access from some kind of factory! It's great to have the possibility of going back tho previous levels but did it have to be done through some kind of factory with a funky background?

Flappy Bird for smartphones and tablets. I played a lot of generic smartphone games but this one is by far the most generic.

It has pixelized graphic style where you play as a bird who has to flap by tapping the screen. All you do is flap through the green pipes. If you played the game you know the pipes are a direct rip off of the pipes from 2d Mario games. Everytime you play, the pipe gaps are either higher or lower. You only get 1 life and die if you collide with a pipe. The only goal in the game is to get a high score.

And that's pretty much it. There's almost nothing to say about it. No variety whatsoever, as it's just the same difficulty, same graphics and same everything. I wanted to talk about it because it was very popular for a month. I downloaded it just because everyone was talking about it and I wanted to try it for myself. And it is one of the most generic games I ever played. It's as generic as a bad Atari 2600 game. And it was really repetitive and overrated.

You know what the funny part about it is? The developer of the game took it down in February after only 1 month of being popular. It was assumed that it was because of a lawsuit from Nintendo, but really he was overwhelmed that it became an addictive product. Because of this people started selling phones and tablets with Flappy Bird for hundreds to thousands of dollars. I seen some that have sold for almost $100,000. As generic and repetitive as it is, people really want to play it. After that, a bunch of rip offs started popping up. I'm glad it was taken down though, because I got annoyed by hearing Flappy Bird.

I would say Loadout, but the gameplay is interesting and the weapon customization is pretty crazy, so I can find some good in it. However, that still doesn't change the fact that it is downright filthy. I turned the gore off when it started to bother me (first game in which the violence genuinely bothered me, by the way--which is weird and disturbing since it's all cartoony), but that just made the death animations and the rest of the game's "humor" more of an eyesore.

Back