• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Help with a Vivillon Deck

seeknayr

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Novice/

Pokemon
  • 4 Scatterbug
  • 3 Spewpa
  • 4 Vivillon
  • 3 Tropius
  • 4 Snorlax
  • 4 Kangaskhan

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Shauna
  • 3 Evosoda

Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Grass
  • 2 Fire
  • 2 Water
  • 2 Electric
  • 2 Psychic
  • 2 Fairy
  • 2 Metal
  • 2 Fighting
  • 2 Darkness

Strategy
Stall with basic pokemon like Snorlax or Kangaskhan
Card advantage from Tropius and Supporters
Main point of the deck is to load up a Vivillon or two with a variety of different energies for it's Colorful Wind attack.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
First off dont base your deck around that of a Theme/starter decks. They are terrible.

you have way energy in this deck. I get that you want to have a bunch of different types on Vivillion. You just dont want half your deck being energy. At most you probably want like 12-14 energy not 20+.

Energy count i suggest: 12
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Blend Energy GFPD
4 Grass Energy

Your pokemon count is kind of off as well. You also need rare candy and not Evosoda. The only thing that uses evosoda is Vivillion, and you might as well just use rare candy. Its better, its faster, and it takes up less space. Also your supporting pokemon of choice are terrible. Neither of the 2 normal types are good. Khangaskhan takes too much energy to attack and retreat. Snorlax is even worse in terms of both, especially since teampact is bad with or without other team plasma pokemon.

Pokemon suggestions: 12
4-1-4 Vivillion
2 Tropius
1 Virizion Ex

This is a good place to start. But without testing or putting real thought into this deck i cant say for certain what other pokemon can support this deck.

Supporter Suggestions12
4 Sycamore
3 Shauna
3 Skyla
2 N

Trainer Suggestion 11
4 Rare Candy
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
3 Muscle Band

47 suggested cards leaving 13 slots open.

You could also try using a Ho'oh style deck if you really wanted to, but i dont really have a good deck list of one of those. Feel free to google it or something.

seeknayr

Aspiring Trainer
Ivy_Profen said:
First off dont base your deck around that of a Theme/starter decks. They are terrible.

you have way energy in this deck. I get that you want to have a bunch of different types on Vivillion. You just dont want half your deck being energy. At most you probably want like 12-14 energy not 20+.

Energy count i suggest: 12
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Blend Energy GFPD
4 Grass Energy

Your pokemon count is kind of off as well. You also need rare candy and not Evosoda. The only thing that uses evosoda is Vivillion, and you might as well just use rare candy. Its better, its faster, and it takes up less space. Also your supporting pokemon of choice are terrible. Neither of the 2 normal types are good. Khangaskhan takes too much energy to attack and retreat. Snorlax is even worse in terms of both, especially since teampact is bad with or without other team plasma pokemon.

Pokemon suggestions: 12
4-1-4 Vivillion
2 Tropius
1 Virizion Ex

This is a good place to start. But without testing or putting real thought into this deck i cant say for certain what other pokemon can support this deck.

Supporter Suggestions12
4 Sycamore
3 Shauna
3 Skyla
2 N

Trainer Suggestion 11
4 Rare Candy
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
3 Muscle Band

47 suggested cards leaving 13 slots open.

You could also try using a Ho'oh style deck if you really wanted to, but i dont really have a good deck list of one of those. Feel free to google it or something.

Thanks for the tips! I was just using Snorlax because it has a higher HP. Also how does Rainbow energy interact with Vivillon's attack? Thanks!

FearThePegasus

or PegFear for short.
Infinite damage with Rainbow. Just kidding it only acts as 1 energy so I'd just be like having a basic energy on it

ViehTee

Aspiring Trainer
FearThePegasus said:
Infinite damage with Rainbow. Just kidding it only acts as 1 energy so I'd just be like having a basic energy on it

No!!! Same as Ho-oh EX it says "basic" energy. So rainbow or blend won't work with the attack. You need different Type of basics for additional damage. I don't even think that Vivillion is such a good card. Maybe in combination with Ho-oh EX because you can revive it after a vivillion got knocked out (of course you need cards that you can throw Ho-oh on your discard pile).

seeknayr

Aspiring Trainer
ViehTee said:
FearThePegasus said:

No!!! Same as Ho-oh EX it says "basic" energy. So rainbow or blend won't work with the attack. You need different Type of basics for additional damage. I don't even think that Vivillion is such a good card. Maybe in combination with Ho-oh EX because you can revive it after a vivillion got knocked out (of course you need cards that you can throw Ho-oh on your discard pile).

I was planning on adding some Ho-oh EXs as well. So you think I should just cut the Vivillons altogether?

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Well basically Ho'oh is just a better Vivillion. Vivillion may hit harder. But, Ho'oh has more hp, doesn't require evolutions and overall has more uses. Either way Ho'oh is energy acceleration rather than an attacker usually. The attackers of the deck are usually just big basics that are known to do well against certain decks and Ho'oh just grabs the energy you need from the discard.