Finished Werewolf XIX: Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XIX: Day 1 ends January 6th

So someone who has 2 votes on him, when we still have 13 days left in the game day is somehow the best choice right now? Here, let's try this.

VOTE: WANDERINGWOLF

Is WanderingWolf now the best choice for a lynch today? He currently has the most votes.

WanderingWolf said:
Uh... What? Nothing was wrong with this statement, you just added onto it by saying the downsides of lynching someone.

...I'm not even going to grace that with a response.

Also, might I just say that going off a Night 1 kill isn't exactly the best option we have, since the Night 1 kill will just be the best person dead. most likely pmj. If we lynch someone now, then we have even more information tomorrow, other than just 'SOMEONE DIED, OH NO!'. Honestly, have you ever known the night kill to instantly kill a scum player and win the game for town? Lynching town helps to identify both scum and town, while just letting scum kill the best players will result in the best players being dead.

In every single werewolf game I have ever played, I have seen scum lynched on day one a grand total of once. I'd rather start with "oh no someone died" than "oh no, at least two, possibly more died."

Also, lynching town does not give us information, especially not on day one when every single person is literally a blind shot in the dark, barring some kind of role-reveal nonsense. In fact, it just makes the wolves' job easier. If I yell at everybody "hey let's lynch sillykyle lol!" and then we lynch him and he's not scum, I may as well just hang myself for day 2. Now we've wasted TWO days and are down at least 4 townies, possibly more if the indy roles activate.

Mapleboy86 said:
I'm not saying best option as in a good choice, I meant best option as in slightly above other choice (random town lynch), even if none of the choices are something you'd chose. Like choosing between getting punched in the stomach or kicked in the teeth.

If by "best" you mean "easiest", then yes, I would be the "best" option. But easiest and best are two completely different things.

Ultimately, what I meant was if it gets down to the deadline, I'd rather go for the lynch than knowingly allow a townie to die. I just didn't put it very well in my first post, and that combined with a misread on my part.

I really don't understand this. Lynching a wolf would be spectacular and all, but a townie is going to die anyways. So there is nothing we can do to "knowingly" prevent a townie from dying. Whether we lynch or not, a townie dies. Period. Lynching, however, probably gives us 2 dead townies. I don't understand why you are so against "knowingly" allowing a townie to die, but you're not against blindly firing a shot with the odds SEVERELY against you.

sillykyle said:
Eh, you still caused the town to lose Astra's game. I'm all for eliminating bad townies.

Bad townies are bad. However, they're still townies. Which means the wolves have to make 1 more kill. I'd rather keep him around for at least a little while, if only to prevent the wolves from amassing a big lead from a bunch of townie kills right in a row.

VOTE: Mapleboy86

He is currently the best lynch option because he's trying too hard, making stupid comments and digging himself in a hole in the process.
Also, this is a role madness game right corn bread?

grantm1999 said:

He is currently the best lynch option because he's trying too hard, making stupid comments and digging himself in a hole in the process.
Also, this is a role madness game right corn bread?

I hate to say it, but I agree with this post. Mapleboy is acting very scummy to me.

For now:

Werewolf XIX: Day 1 ends January 6th

This is not a role madness game. You should know that there is nothing I hate more.

Voting for me is the easy choice. It doesn't take much thought to lynch someone trying to generate discussion and further the game. I don't think you guys (especially TPO3) understand what I'm saying. He wants to not vote anyone and have a townie for sure die, because apparently, that's better than at least attempting to lynch someone d1 and hope it's scum?

I really don't understand this. Lynching a wolf would be spectacular and all, but a townie is going to die anyways. So there is nothing we can do to "knowingly" prevent a townie from dying. Whether we lynch or not, a townie dies. Period. Lynching, however, probably gives us 2 dead townies. I don't understand why you are so against "knowingly" allowing a townie to die, but you're not against blindly firing a shot with the odds SEVERELY against you.

How does that not sound suspicious to anyone? A 25% chance of hitting scum is MUCH better than a 0% chance with the no vote. It's not rocket science.

Oh hey, I started a bandwagon. #Skill

Also, the lynch vs no lynch argument never goes anywhere. Recently, everyone's agreed and/or nonlych was disallowed, so there hasn't been a problem. But having an opinion doesn't make someone scummy, no matter if its a 'Wolfy' standpoint or not. K, bye.

Mapleboy, I understand what you mean, but it really doesn't work. After 2 weeks, someone other than Teapot is going to have more than 2 votes on them. And I don't think we're going to get many leads from lynching him. Honestly, I'm not sure if you're a wolf, or just a bad townie. But at this point, I think you're the best lynch option. I'd like to play out the day a little more though, so we can get some discussion going.

Teapot, you're logic is also flawed (about day 1 lynches, not your opinion on Mapleboy's logic). If we don't lynch day 1, we're almost definitely not going to have anyone to lynch day 2. We really won't learn much for the first few days, so it's best to start off early. If we decide to not lynch day 1 (which I absolutely will not allow), we're almost definitely going lynch a townie day 2. We don't have to lynch a wolf every single day. Not lynching at any point in the game is just about as helpful as skipping an entire day phase.

> Gets a single game wrong
> Calls me a bad town, and I must be lynched because of it

Hey, no arguments there. I'm the worst townie ever!

TPO3 said:
WanderingWolf said:
You only have a 0% chance of killing scum if you don't lynch, while you have about a 1/4 chance of hitting scum with a lynch.

There are several things wrong with this statement

1) 1 in 4 chance of hitting scum means 3 in 4 chance of hitting a townie.

2) If there's a no lynch, you have a 0% chance of hitting scum yes, but you also have a 0% chance of hitting non-scum. Opening with 2 townies dead, possibly more because of indies doesn't sound favorable to me.

Also, you were doing what I said you were.
I said that we can't lynch scum if we don't lynch. Then you basically go ahead and say that we can't lynch town either, and it isn't favourable to have dead townies because apparantly it gives no information... Because you know, reactions, previous votes, relationships and stuff cannot be tested in this game to see if a person strongly opposed the dead person about the game...

You were just saying that we can't hit town if we don't lynch. If you don't think you said that... Well, one us is misinterpreting that you said.

TPO3 said:
WanderingWolf said:
Uh... What? Nothing was wrong with this statement, you just added onto it by saying the downsides of lynching someone.

...I'm not even going to grace that with a response.

Also, might I just say that going off a Night 1 kill isn't exactly the best option we have, since the Night 1 kill will just be the best person dead. most likely pmj. If we lynch someone now, then we have even more information tomorrow, other than just 'SOMEONE DIED, OH NO!'. Honestly, have you ever known the night kill to instantly kill a scum player and win the game for town? Lynching town helps to identify both scum and town, while just letting scum kill the best players will result in the best players being dead.

In every single werewolf game I have ever played, I have seen scum lynched on day one a grand total of once. I'd rather start with "oh no someone died" than "oh no, at least two, possibly more died."

Also, lynching town does not give us information, especially not on day one when every single person is literally a blind shot in the dark, barring some kind of role-reveal nonsense. In fact, it just makes the wolves' job easier. If I yell at everybody "hey let's lynch sillykyle lol!" and then we lynch him and he's not scum, I may as well just hang myself for day 2. Now we've wasted TWO days and are down at least 4 townies, possibly more if the indy roles activate.

Mapleboy86 said:
I'm not saying best option as in a good choice, I meant best option as in slightly above other choice (random town lynch), even if none of the choices are something you'd chose. Like choosing between getting punched in the stomach or kicked in the teeth.

If by "best" you mean "easiest", then yes, I would be the "best" option. But easiest and best are two completely different things.

Ultimately, what I meant was if it gets down to the deadline, I'd rather go for the lynch than knowingly allow a townie to die. I just didn't put it very well in my first post, and that combined with a misread on my part.

sillykyle said:
Eh, you still caused the town to lose Astra's game. I'm all for eliminating bad townies.

Bad townies are bad. However, they're still townies. Which means the wolves have to make 1 more kill. I'd rather keep him around for at least a little while, if only to prevent the wolves from amassing a big lead from a bunch of townie kills right in a row.

Someone is trying to look townish way too hard here.

There's a difference in how town acts as town and how scum acts as town. Scum tend to try too hard to act as town, thus giving themselves away. TPO3's post is him trying too hard to act as town, therefore he's scum.

I guess maple isn't going to respond to my post anyway.

UNVOTE: WANDERINGWOLF
VOTE: TPO3

Sorry SMP, I missed it. My argument wasn't very strong, I never said it was, I made a point to say I didn't fully stand behind it, just that it should be considered. But I agree with you about TPO3

I think teapot was just trying to look professional. I don't think alignment has anything to do with it. Also, unless you're Teal, I don't think alignment affects playstyle like ever. If so, minimally. So yeah, awkward post ending.

Alignment doesn't affect my play style, I try to change my play style every time a little bit regardless of alignment also based on how much time I have.

Also, I admit that that post above is almost the only one I have read so far because I noticed it said Teal. I have just run over everything really fast. Sowwy. Will read later.

Anyway guys, I don't know if you gonna believe me or not. But last night I used one of my ability and found out Drohn is a townie

Well your first 2 games here, you were scum, and you acted quietly and proficiently. Next game you were townie, and you were insane aggro overactive badass. So yeah, at least at that point, it drastically changed your playstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back