XY Leaked : Final Evolutions Of The X / Y Starters!

Erm....I kinda feel as if you overreacted a bit to my post. Just a bit.

Yes, I can tolerate people's opinions on why you don't like the starters, but if you don't give me a reason, then I get ticked off.

You actually gave a reason. That's good.

But as soon as I see people hate on them....without giving me a reason....

That's the main problem I see.

Chesnaught is my favorite of the three, although the grass-type starter usually is (exception=Johto. Typhlosion all the way). Anyway, it's based on several things. First, Chesnaught was "naught" expected to turn out this way; this is actually really cool. I like its stat distribution, too. Chesnaught has a nice movepool consisting of moves like Spiky Shield, Needle Arm, and even Aerial Ace. Although it isn't the sweeper I was waiting for, I'm not disappointed for this Bowser of Pokemon. 8.5-9/10

Delphox is very underwhelming. No matter what its stats are, it is very basic and not what I wanted for Fennekin. First of all, it's the Dewot-->Samurott thing backwards. Fennekin's evolution should have stayed on all fours. Personally, I don't like Braixen, but if you're going to add the twig wand, you need to make it more visible on the evolution. Delphox's appearance is devastating to me. 6/10

Greninja....WOULD be amazing if it wasn't for that tongue scarf...and they completely got rid of the bubbles. You can't just give two Pokemon in a three-stage evolution chain a trademark appearance and then make it disappear...and add a TONGUE instead? I'd rather it be the fluffy bubble/cloud stuff than the tongue. Greninja just ruined my hopes for Froakie. Greninja is very upsetting. 4/10

Picking a starter is like choosing a character class in some RPG.

The strong fighter, the intelligent mage, or the quick thief? I just don't know what to pick.

Fortunately, I already have an idea what to pick, based on what Serena picks, or catches, in the anime. I always pick the one based on what the character picks in another media, like the anime, or the manga. In the manga, it is most likely that X, the guy, will have Froakie, and Y, the girl, will have Fennekin, based on the cycle that they do each generation.

Right now, I'm basically torn between the mage and the thief, although I always pick the warrior in each RPG I play.

iDrake said:
98Greener said:
I hate it when people just flat out say they hate the starters.
Like, are you gonna tell us WHY, or are you just jumping on the hate bandwagon.

These designs look great!
You got your Warrior, you got your Mage, you even got the rogue earlier! You people got what you asked for, why complain?

Maybe I'm not seeing what others are seeing. What am I missing here?

I hate it when people just flat out say they love the starters.
Like, are you gonna tell us WHY, or are you just jumping on the fanboi bandwagon?

I'm just kidding, but some of you really need to stop criticizing people who say they don't like them. Accept it, stop acting like Gamefreak is your mother and you have to take any kind of critique towards her personally.
Nobody is attacking the people who just say "Oh wow these look sooooooo great" either (without even going into detail what is so great about them). I certainly cannot comprehend how someone can say Delphox looks so awesome. To be honest, to me she looks like a hobo straight out of the slums, but maybe that's what's charming about her. Do you see me b'tching about those people? Nope, so you shouldn't either.

If you want to know why I don't like the starters, personally, here is an explaination (though I have a post a few pages back about it):

Yeah we got a knight, mage and rogue. Cannot recall asking for it, but I'm fine with the themes. The problem in my eyes is the realization of these themes.
Chesnaught e.g. looks more like a sumo than a knight to me. A shell on his back ain't going to make him more knightish. Exception would be if he could take it off and maybe wield it as a shield. But I hardly doubt it since we didn't get any leaks about that. And even if he could, he still isn't even near as bulky and armored as the general sense of a knight predicts. Considering the overworld theme France, I even see less connection between the actual result and the given themes.
Matching the theme knight and france, Empoleon would have been a way better choice in every aspect. Its name indicates a connection to France and it even looks more (butler) knightish than Chesnaught.

Coming to my all time favorite example: Delphox
In all seriousness, this is more than just a joke. It's Admiral Obvious that she's representing the mage theme, but seriously? That's how I used to look like when I was a small boy dressing up as a wizard on carnival. It's a furry robe , nothing more. It doesn't even look really elegant or "tailor made". It doesn't even have any ornamentation like runes on the robe or a walking cane that can act as a staff as a symbol of its maturity, wisdom and typing.

Greninja turned out pretty decently even though I don't see a rogue theme but a ninja theme. And yes, I do differ between those two. Rogues are beings with no morals. Their own well-being is first priority and they would kill to get what they desire and/or to survive.
A ninja on the other hand is a discplined warrior of stealth, poison and martial arts. They have a codex, serve a master and would even die for him, since they've sworn loyalty. Again, considering the overworld theme France, Europe did not have ninjas. We did have hitmen, mercenaries and so on, but I do not recall ninjas being part of the european/french culture.
Still, Greninja's design is creative and original. Especially the tongue part, even tho' it is kinda disgusting and illogical but that's what makes it special.

Don't get me wrong, I do not hate the starters(more like highly dislike them). Thanks to a lot of artwork I'm slowly getting used to them (even though it's more important to like their looks ingame), but I can understand people being disappointed. I mean, this generation literally changes everything. Obviously some would expect the designs of the starters to exceed all previous ones. And they did, until the final evolutions were revealed.
Maybe it was unfair from us to expect it, maybe it actually did exceed for some of us, but certainly not for all of us.

Still #teamCHESPIN even though I think he'll be trash competitively, but who cares for now. :D
I completely agree with your opinion, Chesnaught's design is pretty good but doesn't really represent a knight of any sort.

And I think that they should've put some more effort into Delphox and Greninja maybe... wait, are you saying that thing around Greninja's neck is... it's tongue... EWW can u not? ._.

Regardless I'm still prolly gonna stick with my decision of Fennekin, and if it's male I'm gonna name it Grell.

signofzeta said:
To keep with the rogue/thief theme, I hope Froakie starts out with a (plastic) butter knife.

...What?...

Delphox is really growing on me. Hated it at first, now I really like it :D
Still on #TeamFroakie, however.

Well i think the starters look better this generation than last one imo.

Greninja- Looks really cool, the scarf looks cool to me even if people hate it xD im not really into super fragile looking pokemon Though (usually like Bulky pokes more) or pokemon with really low defence but i really like his Design. Water/dark is not bad. really fast might be tied with sceptile in speed or little lower. Good special attack and maybe attack? Water infernape! Lets just hope it learns the right moves to back it up. 9/10

Delphox-Well when i first saw it i hated it.I loved fennekin and LOVED Braixen, so i was kinda disappointed. Fire/Psychic Mehh.But the more i look at it the more i like it and Now that i saw the wand is back might not be as bad :D. Seems like it might have high speed and special attack ,if it learns good moves it might be a strong pokemon. 7.5/10

Chesnaught-Loved it from the start ,all the spiky moves he learns and the bulkyness xD makes me love this pokemon, his design is not as good as greninja but it is still unique :eek: i really like it. Grass/Fighting i feel like its a bad defensive combo but its a very good offence combo if he learns the right moves. i Love his stats and he might not be that slow 80-95 base speed? for a offensive wall? O.O..LOVE IT ! (please learn shell smash!!) 9/10

Still can't choose x.x but ill probably go with chesnaught.

To everyone saying #TeamChesnaught or #TeamChespin

I profess my love for you. Right from the beginning, I loved Chespin, AND NOW HE IS MY FAVOURITE. And I cannot say why. Its... Its just one of those things, you know. How you love something. And then you make it fight things that are weaker until it becomes a god. And then you become the owner of that god.

But... Yeah, it'll probably be the support starter of this generation (please let it be Delphox which is supporter).

98Greener said:
Erm....I kinda feel as if you overreacted a bit to my post. Just a bit.

Yes, I can tolerate people's opinions on why you don't like the starters, but if you don't give me a reason, then I get ticked off.

You actually gave a reason. That's good.

But as soon as I see people hate on them....without giving me a reason....

That's the main problem I see.

I'm sorry, after posting it, I noticed that I went overboard myself. :/
My main point was, that there are also people who just post "I totally love the design" without going into further details, which follows the same principle as people saying " I hate that design" without going into further details. SO why just hate the ones, who disagree, but don't explain?

Afterwards I explained why I hate the design, because I thought it was appropriate, since you asked for reasons.

So sorry again, but when I get into the flow of writing, I barely notice it >_>

To keep with the rogue/thief theme, I hope Froakie starts out with a (plastic) butter knife.

This seriously made me laugh. xD

Chestnut's color scheme threw me off big time. I am no longer on Team Fennekin. Greninja wins overall. Hawlucha is my new fave.

As I guessed I'm starting to become more accustomed to these final evos.

Still am not partial to the typing but I am ok with Chesnaught's design. It better have some really good Attack and Defense stats along with a good move set. Give me Bulk Up and I'll be speechless. I can't wait to find out what it can learn.

Sugimori art!

PWTJnvC.jpg

Delphox's official artwork does it a lot of favors.
It still has a wand, and it also has adorably creepy little hands and feet. Nice to see it have some leg definition too, which is missing somewhat from its in-game model.

Chesnaught looks nice, and what's with Greninja's yellow? o_O Isn't it all white and blue in-game?

Frezgle said:
Delphox's official artwork does it a lot of favors.
It still has a wand, and it also has adorably creepy little hands and feet. Nice to see it have some leg definition too, which is missing somewhat from its in-game model.

Chesnaught looks nice, and what's with Greninja's yellow? o_O Isn't it all white and blue in-game?

Agreed on all counts. Those little baby hands/feet on Delphox...creepy! Also, and i may just be me, but I think Chesnaught looks like a Maverick from the Mega Man X series in its art. I think it's the face.

I like the yellow on Greninja. I really love the design, but my main gripe was that when it evolved, it lost the yellow eyes it had in the Froakie and Frogadier stages...seeing it keep the color, at least in the Sugimori art, is nice.

I no longer dislike Delphox. The official artwork has brought Delphox from my least favorite, to my favorite. And to think I wasn't gonna choose him anymore! #TeamFennekin all the way

Delphox has become my favorite fire stater. I didn't need the official art to know that though. The official art however does help a lot.

RE: Rumors and Speculation (Potential Spoilers)

SavvyJackal said:
5TY1eDo.jpg

GJvoqHZ.png

What do you guys think? Real or fake? Do you like it?

I'm not sure if it's real, but it looks okay. Could be better, imo.
If that's real, I'm going to be sad. Chespin's evolution Quadillin, doesn't look very good. Because of that, I was going to choose Fennekin. If that's the real final evo for Fennekin, I'm just choosing Froakie.

Back