XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
*[smod]Drohn[/smod]: Keep in mind that this thread is not to share which shiny Pokémon you've caught. For casual talk you can use the PokéBeach Chat. This thread is for discussing the shiny mechanics, rates, and share your opinion about shiny Pokémon being less rare!*

According to the last interview in Spanish (I think it was Spanish) shiny pokemon might not only be more easy to be obtained but also will be more special (in their looks?)It seems that from game to game the shiny pokemon becomes less rare.

What do you think? Do you wish to find shiny pokemon in the new game with no trouble or do you prefer them to stay rare and enjoy from the surprise of their encounter? How do you think the shiny pokemon mechanic should work in the 6th gen ?

ChicaSkas

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Shiny Pokémon: Less Rare and More Special

I think if they can cut the odds down from one in eight thousand I will be happy.
:) imagine how cool it would be just to be one in 3,000?

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer

I prefer them being rare, it makes them more special. The more easier they are to find, the less special they will become.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod

We had sort of a test in pokemon black and white 2 with the shiny charm . After I got all the pokemons ,I did a shiny hunt and I found shiny pokemon every week. The odds were 1 to 2000 and somthing . It wasn't so easy but also not that hard. Also ,with the masuda trick it was childrens play. If you have shiny pokemon that you recived in the same way and on the other hand ,a shiny pokemon you found with nothing else but pure luck ,will you value them in the same way?

King Xerneas

Icy Goth

Everyone wants shinies! Why not make them at least more obtainable that way we don't have to trade a level 9 and under zekrom to get one...

nightkeeper

defending the night

They shouldn't be easy to find, but I'd like to be able to encounter at least one before I reach the Elite Four. What the odds would be, I'm not sure. Just wanting to conquer the pokemon league in style.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Shinies have always intrigued me. I've always liked them, but never enough to go hunt. If the odds of finding one in XY are better, awesome. Really wouldn't matter to me how it was obtained.

Lanturnman

Lanturn is not even my favorite pokemon....

Shiny Pokemon should remain rare, but the odds of getting one should increase slightly... Getting a shiny should still feel special, if you don't use *removed* or RNG, of course.

I wonder what they meant by more special, maybe we get multiple kinds of alternatively colored pokemon... It would be amazing and not completely out of the Pokemon world if there were more colors than just normal or shiny. They could add color berries for a humongous price (for example 1 milllion pokedollars for the cheapest and blandest berries and nearly 10 million for the most extreme berries), or another way to change the color, like make-up. They may also say: "hey, let's create random colored shinies!".

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: I edited your post. Remember that it's against the rules to mention illegal software!*

Scattered mind

Forum Mod

That is a really good solution for the rarity of shinies . Make shiny form that is easy to find and another form of the same pokemon that is much harder to find

98Greener

tree noises

Shiny Pokemon should still be rare, but there should be some sort of punishment for people who hack for shinies. Like, shinies will not listen to you if hacked.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic

When I RNG, I usually go for shinyness just because it narrows down my seeds more significantly and makes it easier on me. Since I only breed for custom story-mode teams and not competition, I don't feel bad having a whole team of them (though sometimes I forgo that aspect if I don't like the alternate coloration).

But I have noticed the games seem to have upped the encounter rate for Shinys with more recent games. The first natural Shiny I encountered was in Ruby or Sapphire, a Safari Zone Psyduck (I did catch it, but I forgot and accidentally erased the game later). Then, I didn't find any more until a Diamond re-run, where I encountered a shiny Kricketune. After that, I found two in my HG/SS runs, a NidoranF and a Luvdisc. Most recently, a shiny Audino popped up while I was filling out my habitat list in B2.

Genius715

Aspiring Trainer

I'd rather they be less rare. I chanced upon a shiny Hoothoot once in HGSS. The horrible part was that was before the Pokeball tutorial, and I couldn't capture it...

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun

This doesn't really bother at all. In fact, I would prefer if Shinies were a little bit more common. Granted, I don't think it should be THAT much easier to find them, but around 1/3,000 or so would be nice.

I usually RNG my shinies anyway, so this isn't too big of a deal, but I would like it if I found a shiny or 2 over the course of my adventure.

Frezgle

Winged Death

I like the rarity they have now. I don't want to see them become even more common, because I enjoy having a freak-out whenever I find one. (You can probably imagine how much flailing was involved when I encountered Giratina as a Shiny in Platinum). They're meant to be a special Pokemon indicative of incredible luck, not a regular sort-of rare accessory.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind

I've encountered only 3 shiny Pokemon in the games, from G/S to B/W, so yeah, I would like if they were more common.

nightkeeper

defending the night

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
I've encountered only 3 shiny Pokemon in the games, from G/S to B/W, so yeah, I would like if they were more common.

I've been playing since Red, Blue and Yellow and I've only had the pleasure of encountering 2, so I'm with you. (1 of them was Red Gyarados.. so I've only really encountered 1:p)

It would be cool if there was a shiny you'd definitely run into, like Gyarados in gen II.

Stephen Williams

Always training is a Never ending Struggle

I for one would prefer if they make it more common, just to make it different. I like the idea of having multiple color schemes for the same pokemon. I would love to at least customize your pokemon to suit your individual style. I have only encountered two shiny pokemon not including the shiny Gyarados or Haxourus that are included in the game those are a shiny Magikarp I found in Silver and a shiny Minccino that I found in Black. So I love the idea of increasing the rate of encounter.

ShadowVixen

Aspiring Trainer

I think shiny Pokemon should be rare but a bit easier to find. I've had amazing shiny luck myself but I know some people who have never found a shiny. Not counting the ones the game gives everyone like Red Gyarados. Its really no surprise if they do make it easier, they've really been doing their best to help players get shiny Pokemon easier for awhile. Making them more special interests me a bit though I'm not sure what it could mean.

PokemonY123

Aspiring Trainer

I really hope that they increases the number just a little

I have never encountered a shiny in my life

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon

Lanturnman said:
Shiny Pokemon should remain rare, but the odds of getting one should increase slightly... Getting a shiny should still feel special, if you don't use *removed* or RNG, of course.

I wonder what they meant by more special, maybe we get multiple kinds of alternatively colored pokemon... It would be amazing and not completely out of the Pokemon world if there were more colors than just normal or shiny. They could add color berries for a humongous price (for example 1 milllion pokedollars for the cheapest and blandest berries and nearly 10 million for the most extreme berries), or another way to change the color, like make-up. They may also say: "hey, let's create random colored shinies!".

Like I've said in another thread about people's first shinies, I don't really care about them but I still love the thrill when finding one, so I think that they should keep it as it is. Like I've also said before, I'd like to see regional differences in Pokémon colors, like the Valencia Island's Pokémon where, for example, Butterfree has yellow wings with colored spots, Vileplumes have different colored petal, etc..
My shiny collection has five members, the last one being a Zubat that I captured last week in HG's Safari Zone. It's the second Pokémon that I capture with a single Pkball in a Safari (the first was my first shiny: a Rhyhorn in LF). =D

scattered mind said:
According to the last interview in spanish (I think it was spanish)

It was Portuguese!