Pokemon Original 151 Japanese TOMY/Auldey "Monster Collection" guide?

Shiningmilotic

dipped my hair in the wild berry skittles rainbow!
Hello! Its been a while since I asked a question here, pardon me if this is the wrong place to ask this question- didnt see anywhere else to post a toy question.

Anyways, I recently started collecting the original 1998 Pocket Monster figures by TOMY/Auldey from Japan. I have been in this hobby for a few days and I absolutely love it! Some sellers I just bought from have been so nice and I love the japanese print on the backcards! I only want to collect the MIP (Mint In Package) Japanese releases or "Monster Collection". Here are some pictures of them in case you have never seen the japanese versions:

...you get the idea, right? =P

I noticed the packages were numbered in the top right corner of the backcard-not by the Pokemon's "Monster Number" but by the sets or singles itself? Example: Mew's says #19 even though Mew's Monster Number is 151. My Horsea+Seadra is #49, my Seel+Dewgong is #44, my Psyduck+Golduck is# 43, and Sandshrew+Sandslash is#45. I see that there is a folded checklist pamphlet included with the toy, but I want to keep them MIP and to display in our bedroom.

So my question is, is there an online checklist for the japanese versions that shows each numbered set or single? I am having trouble finding one for the japanese versions. I see a lot for loose TOMY figures, but none MIP or japanese ones for that matter. I dont care if the website is in japanese-thats what Google Translate and Chrome is for! :D

Hopefully you guys know what I am talking about, and I hope others here enjoy collecting the original japanese toys too! ^-^ They are so cool in person!

Hopefully something like this is what you're looking for: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Monster_Collection

Scroll down at the bottom to click on other links in the Takara Tomy section in the blue box for more toy lists.

I hate myself for selling my collection of Japanese Tomy figures. I had about 30-40 loose figures. :(

YES! Perfect, thank you! *hugs*

Sorry about your TOMY figures... selling a prized collection must be very tough and I hope they all have a good home! Hopefully you can pick up collecting them in the future! Thats one thing I love about pokemon, the old toys can still be found on the internet! =) BTW LOVE your username, it made me laugh! xD

Did they stop making this type of figure, by the way? Pokemon were released at this scale and level of detail all the way through Diamond and Pearl, but I never saw them, or very many, for Black and White; none of my favorite got mini-figures of this type, really disappointing.

^TOMY still makes pokemon toys! For a while they were only available in Japan when Jakks Pacific took over the pokemon toyline here in america. They have at least one TOMY figure for every pokemon! These old vintage ones are sadly discontinued, although the new Dragonite, Charmander, and Mewtwo figures look like the old moldsto me but painted different. All the other first gen pokemon they are releasing soon look like new updated molds.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/MC_First_Generation
^Does anyone know what #66 and #68 are? =(

Shiningmilotic said:
^TOMY still makes pokemon toys! For a while they were only available in Japan when Jakks Pacific took over the pokemon toyline here in america. They have at least one TOMY figure for every pokemon! These old vintage ones are sadly discontinued, although the new Dragonite, Charmander, and Mewtwo figures look like the old moldsto me but painted different. All the other first gen pokemon they are releasing soon look like new updated molds.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/MC_First_Generation
^Does anyone know what #66 and #68 are? =(

Do you still need to know? I am getting those 2 soon

Back