Finished Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover -Town Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
RE: Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover - Day 2 Ends September 19th 4 PM EST

Dark Void said:
There is a Lance in the manga.

Just because you expected me to claim indie doesn't mean I'm not. As for no evidence: there's just as much evidence that I'm what I say I am as there is for me being a wolf (which isn't much, but that's the point-there's no real evidence that I'm a wolf and not just a harmless indie, either).

Lance doesn't appear until Yellow does (book 4 I believe) and this WW game is based on manga 1-3. Plus, Lance is mostly a bad guy, wanting to exterminate to human race and whatnot.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
RE: Werewolf XVII III: Team Rocket's Takeover - Day 2 Ends September 19th 4 PM EST

I'm not inactive, it's just i'm not posting because I've yet to find something to strike upon.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Why would Lance want to collect badges? DV your role sounds like a bad fake, there is no way I'm going to buy it, especially when combined to your behaviour until now. It's clear as day that you are a wolf.

Fancy

Aristocrat

You completely ignore the rest of my points, so let me dissect what you said earlier.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
He started the NL "wagon". NL is a terrible idea ALWAYS, its always better to lynch. The only moment NL should happen its in MYLO. It was clear that TT was going to be lynched so he could easily be saving TT. I would guess that one person in the NL wagon was a wolf (probably excluding KoN as hammering a partner at this point of the game is bad but he could have done that trying to get suspicious out of him).
I explained why I DIDN'T start the NL Wagon in my post, so I would suggest you read that. Next in this post, you go on to say that one person in the NL wagon was a wolf. Now, me starting the NL wagon is where one of your arguments lies, and you have yet to state any quotes, evidence, or anything relating me to where I voted No Lynch or even supported it.

You used me as a scapegoat and targeted me as the 'one person in the NL wagon that was a wolf' because I supposedly started it, when I wasn't even in it, which is why my posts were spot on in relating to you the mistakes in your argument. If you are going to say 'read my posts' elaborate on what part I am missing, please? Because it seems you are just conveniently ignoring what I'm saying to lessen attention on yourself...

As for me siding with Teal, I've explained that thoroughly. I've responded to each and everything that you said in your post.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

Keeper of Night said:
Dark Void said:

Just because you expected me to claim indie doesn't mean I'm not. As for no evidence: there's just as much evidence that I'm what I say I am as there is for me being a wolf (which isn't much, but that's the point-there's no real evidence that I'm a wolf and not just a harmless indie, either).

Lance doesn't appear until Yellow does (book 4 I believe) and this WW game is based on manga 1-3. Plus, Lance is mostly a bad guy, wanting to exterminate to human race and whatnot.

In the manga yes, Lance is a bad guy. However, in this game the bad guys are all Team Rocket-it wouldn't make sense for Lance to side with Team Rocket I guess, so I'm an indie. And while its based on manga 1-3, like I said with grant, there aren't really 20 major characters from just those 3 volumes (the fact that I had Lance, someone who wasn't even in this books, was why I initially believed a niche claim like Green's Ditto) and certainly a generic "Ace Trainer" isn't really from the manga volumes 1-3 either, which is what grantm actually ended up being.

Teal said:
Why would Lance want to collect badges? DV your role sounds like a bad fake, there is no way I'm going to buy it, especially when combined to your behaviour until now. It's clear as day that you are a wolf.

In the manga, badges are actually powerful and Lance needs them for his grand plot-I read the manga a while ago so I don't remember it fully but I think it had to do with Lugia, and he needed all of the badges to summon it or to control it or something like that.

To add to that, you still have yet to actually point out where I've behaved like a wolf (sorry, asking why a player is being lynched without defending them in any way, shape, or form is not scummy behavior, its what the townies should be doing).

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

I would think that generic characters (fisherman/ace trainer/psychic/youngster/ect.) would make more sense to be in manga 1-3 then a main character from another set of books.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Well I did not think that you would have totally asspulled that Lance claim (I know you aren't that dumb), however, I still don't believe you at all.

I would like to hear from Raichu-girl. Raichu is one of the best WW players on PB so her input would be valuable if she is town. Is she trying to escape the radar by being an inactive wolf? The inactives absolutely need to activate or get replaced. If you are town and inactive, you are greatly hurting the town while you should be doing the very opposite.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

Fancy said:
You completely ignore the rest of my points, so let me dissect what you said earlier.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
He started the NL "wagon". NL is a terrible idea ALWAYS, its always better to lynch. The only moment NL should happen its in MYLO. It was clear that TT was going to be lynched so he could easily be saving TT. I would guess that one person in the NL wagon was a wolf (probably excluding KoN as hammering a partner at this point of the game is bad but he could have done that trying to get suspicious out of him).
I explained why I DIDN'T start the NL Wagon in my post, so I would suggest you read that. Next in this post, you go on to say that one person in the NL wagon was a wolf. Now, me starting the NL wagon is where one of your arguments lies, and you have yet to state any quotes, evidence, or anything relating me to where I voted No Lynch or even supported it.

You used me as a scapegoat and targeted me as the 'one person in the NL wagon that was a wolf' because I supposedly started it, when I wasn't even in it, which is why my posts were spot on in relating to you the mistakes in your argument. If you are going to say 'read my posts' elaborate on what part I am missing, please? Because it seems you are just conveniently ignoring what I'm saying to lessen attention on yourself...

As for me siding with Teal, I've explained that thoroughly. I've responded to each and everything that you said in your post.

*Rereads*

My bad. You didn't vote but you were totally for it. But actually after rereading it seems to me like KoN was the scummiest one in that respect (starts it, changes, changes back and when it seems inevitable he hammers trying to clear himself up). I said that you were somewhat scummy and that you were suspicious but I never accused you of anything else and I haven't still changed my mind. Also how am I trying to get suspicious off me? By accusing someone you get suspicion ON you not off.

On the way DV is doing. It seems like the way that DV plays but the part of claiming Lance does seem weird (as the only way for him not to be town is for him to claim indie).

There could have happened 3 things:

1. DV is a wolf
2. DV is telling the truth.
3. The wolves set him up to claim indie as he would have been lynched if he didn't and lynched because he did.

Fancy

Aristocrat

Flys Gone 2071 said:
*Rereads*

My bad. You didn't vote but you were totally for it.
Since you have reread it, please tell me where I was 'totally for it'. Again, I only mentioned it two times. When I was asking other people's opinions of it, and later in the day trying to stop other people from voting No Lynch. And, don't worry, you don't have to look it up. Here's the posts where I was against No Lynch below:

Fancy said:
The madness...the everlasting madness of it all...I can't believe another townie was mod-killed. Seriously, I bet Team Rocket is sipping their tea as they watch this chaos unfold. Have we caught a single Wolf today? No. Have we made blatant accusations and tunneled people that turned out to be townies? Plenty of times. We've dragged our fellow townies to the brink of insanity and made ourselves into a catalyst for modkills.

Do we go for a "No Lynch"? Frankly, after losing so many townies, it'd be detrimental to not avenge them. We must, we have to or otherwise the town is going to be looking pretty scarce. So, how do we that? First, post something of substance for your claim of who's a wolf and who isn't. Second, don't just say someone is scummy without elaborating on it. Third, give them time to defend themselves and make sure you aren't going after a townie.

We can't afford to make a mistake, which is why I see the motive behind a "No Lynch", but I think a "No Lynch" is one of those mistakes. We can't just standby in this anarchy, we can't just leave the wolves roaming free. Maybe a No Lynch would have been a better option earlier in the game, but no, not right now; we've come too far into this madness.

Fancy said:
The town was thrown into chaos, I concur on that. But what I don't agree with is just letting a day go by to absolve this chaos when we can do it ourselves, right here and right now. Why put off something to tomorrow when you can do it today?

If you don't feel comfortable at picking anyone out, then stand back and listen to the people that have been observing other players. Tell them your thoughts on who they picked and analyze what is being said. The town will decide it's congruency and we can move on from there.

All of that was said on Page 26, now if I was 'totally for it', then why did I make those posts? I still want an answer as to why I supposedly supported it.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

The rest of the post you didn'y mention no lynch but you did try to get a no lynch or at least similar.

Fancy said:
Keeper of Night said:
Because we can't do today what we could do tomorrow. After tonight, we could potentially have some leads.

And I'm saying we can put an end to this chaos, investigate a little today, and maybe we can have some information to help our leads tomorrow. TwistedTurtwig already claimed his role and it's something to talk about, are we really against talking about it just because we'll have 'new leads' tomorrow? That is what you're putting off till tomorrow...

Has anyone even questioned the veracity of TwistedTurtwig's claim?

You clearly here stated in the first sentence "maybe we can have more information about out leads tomorrow". This means, not pursuing our today = not lynching today = no lynch. You didn't say the words directly but you meant it (at least the way I see it). "Lets stop now, lets just question and we don't lynch at all".

Fancy said:
Keeper Of Night said:
I still dont think that TT is scum.
I never really said to vote for TwistedTurtwig, now did I? I wanted to hear more from TwistedTurtwig and comments on his role, because it was like people skipped over it in favor of "No Lynch". If you feel unsure that he is scum then don't vote for him! If you are just voting for him because he has the most votes, that is bandwagoning....and we all know, bandwagoning is suspicious.

Now, I want you to do something. If you still are persistent in thinking TwistedTurtwig is not a wolf, then unvote and tell us why he isn't a wolf. Give us your insight and perception on things, don't be shy!

Using KoN's indecisiveness so he can unvote which would have finish with a tie in votes. Of course this is a matter of interpretation but you did try for him to vote no lynch though.

From what I said on my previous post, if DV was town, he could easily be getting cornered by the wolves. That is if he is town so we might as well lynch DV and depending on that, we get tomorrows lynch (silly and KoN were the ones who told him "you can't claim indie" and Fancy was the one who said "he can only claim indie").

Fancy

Aristocrat

Flys Gone 2071 said:
The rest of the post you didn'y mention no lynch but you did try to get a no lynch or at least similar.

Fancy said:
And I'm saying we can put an end to this chaos, investigate a little today, and maybe we can have some information to help our leads tomorrow. TwistedTurtwig already claimed his role and it's something to talk about, are we really against talking about it just because we'll have 'new leads' tomorrow? That is what you're putting off till tomorrow...

Has anyone even questioned the veracity of TwistedTurtwig's claim?

You clearly here stated in the first sentence "maybe we can have more information about out leads tomorrow". This means, not pursuing our today = not lynching today = no lynch. You didn't say the words directly but you meant it (at least the way I see it). "Lets stop now, lets just question and we don't lynch at all".
Oh, now I see where you may have gotten confused at. If you read the posts preceding that you would see that Keeper of Night was FOR No Lynch already, and I was against it. Keeper of Night was trying to say we do a No Lynch and let the chaos subside, I wanted the townies to work on calming down the battlefield on that same day and not let a day go by wasted. I didn't explicitly say Lynch in the post, but I didn't say No Lynch either. At the time, I just felt we needed to investigate rather than have No Lynch.

But, you cannot say that I said "Not Pursuing today" because I was encouraging to investigate Twisted. I was really shocked no one expressed their doubts about his claim. I wanted the day to move forward, but I felt there hadn't been sufficient conversation for Twisted to be lynched right that minute. We needed to talk and get the responses flowing before we lynch someone, otherwise, it's kinda one-sided. But, that's just my view of things and how I play.
Flys Gone 2071 said:
Fancy said:
I never really said to vote for TwistedTurtwig, now did I? I wanted to hear more from TwistedTurtwig and comments on his role, because it was like people skipped over it in favor of "No Lynch". If you feel unsure that he is scum then don't vote for him! If you are just voting for him because he has the most votes, that is bandwagoning....and we all know, bandwagoning is suspicious.

Now, I want you to do something. If you still are persistent in thinking TwistedTurtwig is not a wolf, then unvote and tell us why he isn't a wolf. Give us your insight and perception on things, don't be shy!

Using KoN's indecisiveness so he can unvote which would have finish with a tie in votes. Of course this is a matter of interpretation but you did try for him to vote no lynch though.
One, let's get something straight, Keeper of Night was already voting No Lynch where you said "I tried for him to vote No Lynch". You have to look at my post in the context of the conversation. Not to mention, in my previous posts before that, I had already made my stance clear on No Lynch, I didn't think I would have to do it again in that post.

Now, I just said that he was Bandwagoning and he shouldn't do it, I advised him against it. I suppose I could've just called him out on Bandwagoning and said he was 'scummy' but I didn't get a scummy read on him, so it was just friendly advice to who I thought was a townie. It's up to you to Believe or Not to Believe.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
From what I said on my previous post, if DV was town, he could easily be getting cornered by the wolves. That is if he is town so we might as well lynch DV and depending on that, we get tomorrows lynch (silly and KoN were the ones who told him "you can't claim indie" and Fancy was the one who said "he can only claim indie").
...One more time? Depending on what Dark Void's alignment is we lynch who? And why are we lynching that specific person? ...You just sort've lost me here.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

Those 2 points are about the POV and interpretation of a person.

Teal said that they couldn't have the same alignment (I still don't know if this was because of deduction or because of ability) we would lynch silly (if its because of ability there is no point on not doing it). On the other post I said that the wolves were trying to force him to claim indie or they lynched him and as he did, it was supposed to be expected. As if they were trying to corner him for the lynch. It would get too one-sided so he couldn't escape.

I didn't see the accusations on DV at first because he has acting as he usually does so there is no questioning on behavior. But the claim is suspicious, even if he might be cornered by the wolves, its not necessarily true. Moreover if he is town, we could pin point the wolves and if he isn't town its good nonetheless.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

Really KoN? It makes more sense that we have a generic trainer class that isn't in the manga (in fact, I'm not even sure that there were ace trainers in generation 1...) than for someone to be there who is from a later volume? I'd argue the opposite, but okay.

I do however agree that we need to crack down on inactives. All it takes is for a single non-wolf person to be suspected and, based on the way everyone on PB has tended to play, all the wolves have to do is lie low and the mildly suspicious townies or indies will be lynched because there's no better lead. If an inactive is in fact town, then they're eschewing their most important powers as a townie-the discussion and the vote that comes from it-in favor of simply not dying, which in the end doesn't help them win.

Out of the people I see in the OP, the following haven't posted in the last 70 posts (last page for me, since I'm on 100 ppp):

Lemonnade
Shocker
Bo$$_89
RaichuGirl

and the following have made only a single post in the past 70 posts:

Red Rain
Blui
Sir Taco

and frankly, that's ridiculous. Its around 3 irl days into day 2, we've got actual things to discuss, and that 70 posts actually includes several from day 1-there's really no excuse for not posting outside of irl issues, in which case you should probably seek a replacement if you're not going to play.

Fancy

Aristocrat

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Actually, most of the things I said was expressively said in the post you referred to or in the preceding posts before it. So, it's not just me interpreting what I said, it's literally right there in my posts. And, let me add that to think I was against No Lynch at one moment and then convincing another person to vote for No Lynch without an explanation of doing so doesn't add up. So, I must conclude that the very points you made against me about that post were 'interpretation', that also didn't really have logic behind it. It made me seem as if I changed my stance on a whim when in no where I did not indicate it.

To look at one specific post and deem the player's stance neutral without looking at the predecessor's to the post seems absurd to me. You have to look at the big picture, or the post's before it in order to draw a conclusion. So, me 'supporting the NL wagon' is only a false interpretation proved when you look further into the context of the conversation. Your accusations don't stand on firm grounds.
Flys Gone 2071 said:
Teal said that they couldn't have the same alignment (I still don't know if this was because of deduction or because of ability) we would lynch silly (if its because of ability there is no point on not doing it). On the other post I said that the wolves were trying to force him to claim indie or they lynched him and as he did, it was supposed to be expected. As if they were trying to corner him for the lynch. It would get too one-sided so he couldn't escape.

I deduced that the only safe-claim that he had was Indie. It's plain obvious when you think about it, so he would claim that if he was telling the truth or not. I do admit, that regardless if he claimed Indie people are still rooting for his lynch. So, we are supposed to target the ones who said that he must claim Indie because they foretold the only safe way, making it unsafe for Dark Void?

Flys Gone 2071 said:
I didn't see the accusations on DV at first because he has acting as he usually does so there is no questioning on behavior. But the claim is suspicious, even if he might be cornered by the wolves, its not necessarily true. Moreover if he is town, we could pin point the wolves and if he isn't town its good nonetheless.

So...am I getting it right that you think Dark Void is 'town' but claimed 'Indie' just because of the predicament at hand?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

Idk DV... but why would there be both generic trainers and future characters? They could fill up the same roles, I'm sure.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

I haven't posted in a while because I've been catching up on what I've been missing, and tbh I don't know how I can contribute to the discussion. Since I'm pretty new at WW, I'm not very good (read as terrible) at finding scum, or picking up on scum slips. I also know very little about the manga so I can't give an opinion on DV's role.

Blui

lv85 paladin

Keeper of Night said:
Dark Void said:

Lance does appear in Volume 3, but only as a silhouette and says something about Red. I have no idea why Lance'd need badges, but Blue has Loudmouth so yeah.
DV, what happens when you get them all? If it isn't helpful I will vote for you.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar

It would help out since a lot of us are replacements. We have no clue as to what is going on..

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

Fancy said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:
Actually, most of the things I said was expressively said in the post you referred to or in the preceding posts before it. So, it's not just me interpreting what I said, it's literally right there in my posts. And, let me add that to think I was against No Lynch at one moment and then convincing another person to vote for No Lynch without an explanation of doing so doesn't add up. So, I must conclude that the very points you made against me about that post were 'interpretation', that also didn't really have logic behind it. It made me seem as if I changed my stance on a whim when in no where I did not indicate it.

To look at one specific post and deem the player's stance neutral without looking at the predecessor's to the post seems absurd to me. You have to look at the big picture, or the post's before it in order to draw a conclusion. So, me 'supporting the NL wagon' is only a false interpretation proved when you look further into the context of the conversation. Your accusations don't stand on firm grounds.

You might have tried to get the NL without being suspicious. It is logical depending from where you see it and I can definitely see it from this point.

Flys Gone 2071 said:

I deduced that the only safe-claim that he had was Indie. It's plain obvious when you think about it, so he would claim that if he was telling the truth or not. I do admit, that regardless if he claimed Indie people are still rooting for his lynch. So, we are supposed to target the ones who said that he must claim Indie because they foretold the only safe way, making it unsafe for Dark Void?

[/quote]

I didn't say specifically you but you might have given the idea to the wolves of doing it. The wolves might have tried to corner him after noticing it.

Flys Gone 2071 said:

So...am I getting it right that you think Dark Void is 'town' but claimed 'Indie' just because of the predicament at hand?
[/quote]

He might be. The point is "if", if he is town he might have been cornered by the wolves into claiming indie. If he isn't town there is nothing to lose and if he is, we get our lynch tomorrow.

[v]DV[/v]

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Red Rain said:
It would help out since a lot of us are replacements. We have no clue as to what is going on..
Shit logic. Get active and start using your brains or die. Are you planning to play this game or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.