XY Pokémon X / Y: Preorder Bonus

RE: Pokemon X/Y Preorder bonus

Hey guys! Been stalking the forums for quite a while now, but I finally decided to say to heck with it and sign up!

A lot of stores have been pushing out new goodies for preorders and I've been trying to combine them all into something that's easy to compare. Hopefully this comes out right and I've got everything looking ok since I'm copying it from another site I posted on.

US:
Walmart

• $5 for preorder
  • preorder cards have a nice matte finish to them, sort of a "prize" in of itself.
  • $4 towards their "VuDu" streaming service. Not sure on the details on that.
  • Walmart should have the game out at midnight
  • [Cards]

Target

• $1 preorder
  • cards are plain giftcard looking things with the game's logo
  • some people are reporting that now Target is offering a Xerneas or Yveltal pin when you preorder. Just got a chance to check out Target for myself; they have the pins attached to the back of the preorder cards near electronics.
  • [Cards]) ------ [Pins]

TRU
  • thus far they haven't even gotten in any cards for preorders. If they do, it'd be $1. Kind of fishy they haven't gotten anything yet, but they've had nice stuff in the past.

Gamestop
  • $5 preorder, no cards or anything
  • double sided poster with Xerenas/Yveltal on the front, map of Kalos on the back
  • If you preorder and purchase both, you get a History of Pokemon poster
  • [Double Poster] ------ [History Poster]

Europe:
GAME:
  • GAME is offering a Pokeball game cartridge holder with preorder. Not sure on exact deets, maybe someone from the UK can help me out here.
  • [Holder]

European retailers:

Canada/Australia:
EB Games:
  • EB is offering the same double sides poster US Gamestop is offering, and the Cartridge holder the UK is getting. Not sure if you guys are getting the history poster or not though ;__;
    [Poster]

Japan:
TRU:
Xerenas/Yveltal figures
Pokemon Centers: Xerenas/Yveltal figures, an "Art Book" (A folder with a few pieces of artwork in them). If you preorder and purchase both, you get the figures, and a "World Art Book".
[Figures and Art Book]------[Xerenas]------ [Yveltal] ------ [World Art Book]

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
Guys it seems that Toys "R" Us is giving away Xerneas and Yveltal figures.
I haven't heard anything about this though! Do you know if they have the cards in for the reservation? Or can you just put the money down with a receipt? Last time I was in a TRU (about 2 weeks ago) they still didn't have the little cards in that they staple to the receipt for your preorder (and the guy I talked to said they were surprised they didn't have them in yet)

I kind of figured that maybe there was some bad blood between TPCi and TRU since they haven't had any distros in a while or any sort of Pokemon promos. Gamestop seems to be close now with the shiny Creation trio downloads, getting exclusive sales of the Rumble figures and generally nicer promos for XY.

But that's awesome if they're getting figures. I was expecting them to get something like that..either figures or the Power A stylus sets since they usually seem to give something away.

My store hasn't received the reservation cards yet either.

Hopefully we will get some kind of goodie. I really liked the Kyurem coins that came with black 2 and white 2. :)

Following what people having been saying about Amazon, you will get the game the following Tuesday. The game comes out on Sunday, but obviously there's no mail on Sunday :p

I'm going to get the game from the store.
I'm taking my chances. It feels soooo much more satisfying then pre-ordering.
By the way, does the game come out the very minute October 12th starts, or is there a specific time?

It comes out midnight on Oct 12th (the night of the 11th). However you'll have to wait till morning if you go to a retailer who isn't 24 hours like Wal*Mart.

Rusty Sticks said:
Following what people having been saying about Amazon, you will get the game the following Tuesday. The game comes out on Sunday, but obviously there's no mail on Sunday :p
The 12th is actually a Saturday! If amazon gets their act together, they could theoretically get the game to people on Saturday. (if I remember right, some people in the UK got their BW2 games early or something like that)
I kind of have my doubts they'll do that though, so people probably won't get it until Monday or Tuesday.

98Greener said:
I'm going to get the game from the store.
I'm taking my chances. It feels soooo much more satisfying then pre-ordering.
By the way, does the game come out the very minute October 12th starts, or is there a specific time?

eshop? I think they have them exactly at midnight on release day. If you mean a physical store, they'll have them when they open (sans Walmart which should have them at midnight)

Most stores like Target and TRU open around 9 am or so.

spyroflame0487 said:
Rusty Sticks said:
The 12th is actually a Saturday! If amazon gets their act together, they could theoretically get the game to people on Saturday. (if I remember right, some people in the UK got their BW2 games early or something like that)
I kind of have my doubts they'll do that though, so people probably won't get it until Monday or Tuesday.

Yep, all the times I've preordered from GAME (which is like every game since HGSS) it's come early.
It's usually just the day before, but my copy of HeartGold came 2 days early (I think).
It's because they usually send the games out a couple of days before the actual release date, so hypothetically we should get the games in the mail on the release day. However, as you said, it can come a bit early.
I'm expecting my copy of X to come on the 11th, possibly the 10th. I'm really hoping I get lucky and it comes on the 9th, but that seems unlikely. (it's because I'm at educationland on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, so if it came on Weds.9th then it means I get 2 days of solid 6th Gen-ing)

Yep, got my Kalos/Legendaries poster from GameStop a few weeks ago.

Never would have known about it if I didn't go there for the shiny Dialga event cause I preordered X waaaay back in April. :p

spyroflame0487 said:
Hey guys! Been stalking the forums for quite a while now, but I finally decided to say to heck with it and sign up!

A lot of stores have been pushing out new goodies for preorders and I've been trying to combine them all into something that's easy to compare. Hopefully this comes out right and I've got everything looking ok since I'm copying it from another site I posted on.

US:
Walmart

• $5 for preorder
  • preorder cards have a nice matte finish to them, sort of a "prize" in of itself.
  • $4 towards their "VuDu" streaming service. Not sure on the details on that.
  • Walmart should have the game out at midnight
  • [Cards]

Target

• $1 preorder
  • cards are plain giftcard looking things with the game's logo
  • some people are reporting that now Target is offering a Xerneas or Yveltal pin when you preorder. Just got a chance to check out Target for myself; they have the pins attached to the back of the preorder cards near electronics.
  • [Cards]) ------ [Pins]

TRU
  • thus far they haven't even gotten in any cards for preorders. If they do, it'd be $1. Kind of fishy they haven't gotten anything yet, but they've had nice stuff in the past.

Gamestop
  • $5 preorder, no cards or anything
  • double sided poster with Xerenas/Yveltal on the front, map of Kalos on the back
  • If you preorder and purchase both, you get a History of Pokemon poster
  • [Double Poster] ------ [History Poster]

aww man, i preordered at Target last month but there were no pins! wonder if they'll give them out the day of release for those that preordered early? or maybe i should just buy another one since it's only $1

i went to toys r us and they said they didn't have anything yet, same with best buy

Went to gamestop and got my poster today, however my gamestop had no idea about another poster.

Sladesdragon said:
My store hasn't received the reservation cards yet either.

Hopefully we will get some kind of goodie. I really liked the Kyurem coins that came with black 2 and white 2. :)

My older brother preodered pokemon y for me secretly. Thanks to you for saying you get a poster with preordering i found out he got it. Im not even mad it just made me even more excited because i now know ill get it on release. Thank you very much kind sir.

I didn't know anything about preorder benefits. My Gamestop said nothing when I preordered and I got both games. Maybe they give them out on release day? I kind of wish gamestop had the figurines instead like they did with HGSS. Still, I'm really liking the timeline poster.

I wish Gamestop did a midnight release... D: Now I can't be on the internet at all for the night because of dang walmart. Heck, I might even want to stay away for the day because I know not every walmart gives a flying flip about specific release dates and they'll just put things out early.

I preorder both games at gamestop and they didn't know anything about a second poster.

Pokemon X/Y Preorder bonus

I work at GAME in the UK and we are going to be handing out the Pokéball 3DS Cartridge Holders when people come and collect their game if they have preordered.

Just confirming that... :)

mastermagpie said:
I work at GAME in the UK and we are going to be handing out the Pokéball 3DS Cartridge Holders when people come and collect their game if they have preordered.

Just confirming that... :)

It's quite ironic, I found myself at a GAME store today and an employee told me that same statement :p

Got my 3DS in the mail today (exactly one month from XY release), so I'm looking for somewhere to preorder. Honestly, the VuDu voucher from Wal*Mart is probably my best option; the giveaways at other locations don't really interest me. Not to mention I can waltz right into Wal*Mart at midnight.

As much of a fan of pokemon games as I am. I rarely preorder them. Never seen the point. they aren't hard to come by games(meaning there're aren't shortages of copies) and they don't have worthwhile preorder bonuses.

You just dont get it. You were not born for it. L_L
It's... Special... It makes you feel more... Rewarded when you take your first step. It builds the wait even more, especially if you're like me and only have to worry about paying for a possible special edition game guide and have already paid off the pre-orders.It's just....
I guess it helps increase the feeling of accomplishment once you finally get it because you are fully prepared to get it and all, or something. I've been pre-ordering since Diamond and each time i feel more rewarded. Except for Soul Silver, which i wasn't able to pre-order, and I didnt feel too special getting it as much as a normal game.. It just made me feel like i was late to the party.

I preorder plenty of games, but not pokemon games. there's not a point for me. stores don't do midnight releases for pokemon games and I can pick it up the next morning and pay for it then.

as for preordering making people feel special, it may make you feel special, but it doesn't make me feel special. what's special about buying a game early? you don't get the game early, unless you get lucky and the store is midnight releasing.

"late to the party" again. that may be the way you feel. but not me, again. most stores don't release pokemon at midnight, so most people have to wait till the morning anyway.

Back