XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

Once upon a time, I was training my Oshawott for Lenora.
I was done with training, and I was heading up to the Pokemon center to heal her.
Then I run into a Shiny Timburr.
I was half asleep, so I ran from it.
Then I realized what I just did.

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I would say the dumbest things I did was in my Pokemon Silver. The first shiny Pokemon I ever saw was Geodude on route 46. Right there at the start of the game. Anyway I tried to run from it, couldn't. Didn't even try to catch it. I thought it was some glitch and turned my game off. (Gen 4 gave me a second chance where I did catch the shiny Geodude.)

The next one has happened a few times, sad I know. I have had my Pokemon healed at a Pokemon center, then turned the game off thinking I had saved.

Well I killed Lugia in Silver. Didn't save it so it disappeared forever. Found out my mistake a week or so later and decided to restart the game to get it again. Annoying but that was well worth it.

Also I had NO IDEA Ho-oh was in Silver for like 2 years! My cousin had Gold so he showed me his Ho-oh. I go to the top of the tower for giggles and sitting there all smug was Ho-oh.

I used a Master Ball on Donphan in Silver. Regretted it later.

Trained a Seadra to level 100 thinking it would evolve into Kingdra by friendship or an extremely high level. Found out later it needed to be traded while holding a Dragon Scale.

Let my cousin borrow my Gold version once. He evolved my level 60 Eevee into a Vaporeon when I was trying to get it to evolve into Umbreon or Espeon. Boy was I mad and never let anyone borrow my games ever again.

I fell asleep with my GBA on accident. Completely broke the screen by morning. This was around when the SP was coming out or out already so I bought that the next day. Sometimes I think it was meant to be since it was a heck of a lot nicer to play on than the original GBA. Still wasted money though. Still have it, I should look into replacing the screen.

I decided Piplup was too cute to evolve so I ended up giving him an everstone and eventually he was the worst member of my team. My whole team was weak so my friend let me borrow his Heatran to beat Gardenia, but it kept missing attacks because it was such a high level.
Took me at least ten tries to beat Gardenia, and I never evolved the Piplup. I ended up getting that traded Chatot "Charap" to level 100 but Piplup to only 65.

I do not think I have posted here so I will post my worst mistakes.
1 I used the gts in black after the first year so a lot of my shinies can't go to X.
2 Training just charizard on my first dozen playthroughs of fire red.
3 Not catching a second shiny taillow.

Oof.
Found a shiny Geodude when I was seven. Self destruct.
Found shiny Basculin in Black. Weakest move I had was Surf. Instant kill.
Caught a Bronzong with a Master Ball when I was seven.
The other day I traded my foreign Dewott. It was holding an item. I have no idea what the item was.
Tried to do a Masuda Method. Hatched 258 eggs, and more than 300 more when I wasnt counting. Took me a year before I gave up.

There are so many I just... can't:

-Used master ball on a Clamperl
-Reseted my Ruby version whenever I got a shiny Torchic as my starter, I THOUGHT IT WAS A GLITCH *sobs*
-Ran away from shiny Zigzagoon
-Reseted my Fire Red with shiny Clefairy

There are probably more, those are the ones I remember though, I was so stupid when I was little.

I tried to train my bellsprout in pokemon gold to level 100 to see what happens if I will take it to the bellsprout tower. Thankfully I gave up at level 60

Sladesdragon said:
The derpiest thing I have ever done was in Gold with the clone glitch in the boxes. I cloned my level 90 something typhlosion 6 times and took them to the elite 4. Not only did Lance destroy me, but I forgot which Ty was my original :(

Huh....I wasn't that horrible of a player when I was little. After about a dozen run-troughs of the E4 in crystal, i was sweeping the E4 with just a level 75ish maganium. I repeated it until he hit level 100. only level 100 i had.

And for me...I guess it would be when I was on the Sevii islands on my LG version. I ran into a shiny weepinbell, and used my weepinbell to knock it out. I was 13/14 and in m first year of highschool with no access to the internet. I thought shinies were just special pokemon that were unlockable in the Sevii, and has no clue it was rare...then I found another shiny. Same game. within a few days after that weepinbell was found. I killed it. i regret not catching them since I haven't found a random encounter shiny in game since.

There was also when I didn't know levels mattered in pokemon and kept trying the beat the E4 in crystal with level 30something's. I just kept resetting my game over and over.

I'm sure there's a few other stupid things, but I can't think of them right now.

RE: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

To this day I'm still not sure if I did this or I just accidentaly tossed it away but once I was a in a trading spree and I am 99% sure I traded a Pokemon while it was holding my EXP. Share lol :(

In fire red I caught a shiny Oddish, back then I had no clue what a shiny was, hell back then I didn't see anything different in it, I just caught it 'cause I didn't have an Oddish, and I just realized it was shiny like 2 months ago, never used it either. :p

RE: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I was around 5 or 4 when I was playing fire red and my sister had gotten through the whole game and caught all the ledgendarys woth ultra balls. She was heaps proud and let me on to have a go. I went into some moutain. Found a wild Doduo. Thought I was using a great ball and threw out my sisters master ball. Then saved :(

Hmmm... dumbest thing I've ever done in-game?
Using my Master Ball on a Tangela in my Blue version. that and actually catching Missingno.

Dumbest thing the game has done to me?
Shiny Graveller while training with Riley in Iron Island in Platinum. Tried to throw a poke ball at it immediately, couldn't, because, apparently, the Main character of D/P/Pt has horrible aim compared to the characters of Pokemon Colosseum and XD, KOed the other pokemon... and that shiny Graveller used Selfdestruct. :| a true no-win situation.

Dumbest thing I've done out-of game?
Took my Silver version with over 200 pokemon caught to school. some kid stole it. :|

You have no idea how long it took me to find out you can switch left and right to choose starters at the start of my first Pokemon game. Thought the Pokemon the game showed you was randomly assigned and you had to take it.
Also, I accidentally chose to nickname my starter in my first game...so I figured that since it said "Do you want to nickname your Pokemon" I just had to type "No" and it wouldn't nickname...ended up with "ND" (Yes, I thought the "D" was an "O")
Next, after beating the game, I tried Action Replay in D/P, used the "Walk through walls" hack and saved inside the wall. Never found my way back to the actual game (When you save in the black area outside the normal game like I did and turn your game off, EVERYTHING becomes a black void forever)
Then I also typed random letters when naming character...ended up with "AQ5"
In the end, the Pokemon Master of the world (Thanks to cheat codes) "AQ5" and partner "ND" the Torterra were lost in the void forever...Still miss 'em.

Use masterball on snorlax in blue. Idiot. Still managed to get mewtwo by freezing it, getting it to 1hp and throw balls at it till you run out (reset and repeat).

ahh the great woops moments.... so many haha
lets see in saphire i
-caught shiny wurmple fully evolved it released it because i thought it was ugly
-used a masterball on a magnemite (biggest regret)
-traded my starter for a seviper.
-reset the game because i couldnt catch kyogre with 10 great balls....
and in gold i released ho-oh.... yea im bad haha

Oh wow.... I just derped
As I was looking at this thread I was shiny hunting for a growlithe, Little did I know I ran into one but I was looking at 98Greener's post at the top of page 9..... I pressed ran then saw the gold growlithe disappear off my screen :(
Worst bit was I turned my sound down because it was getting annoying :(

Mine is sort of along the same line. It was back when Silver/Gold/Crystal first came out. I was running around trying to figure out how to get to Lugia and ran into a Zubat. I saw stars go around it and saw that it's color was different and thought "oh neat." Then killed it.

So my friend did something so funny yet stupid at the same time. He found a shiny solrock and ran from it thinking it was normal. Next encounter, it's a regular solrock but he think's it's shiny. He throws a masterball at it and gets it. He looks on bulbapedia to see if it has any good moves and looks at the sprites. Of course, he then realizes that he threw the masterball at the wrong solrock.

I thought Absol was a legendary, So I used a Master Ball on it (In Emerald).

I Should've won the VGC Tournament IN our Country this last september , if i didnt used such a gimmicky pokemon = Exploud , it got OHKOed By A Surprise Fighting Gem Super Power From Scizor . I ended up being 2nd Place . Darn u exploud . -_-

Back