XY Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: Which Version Do You Plan To Get? Why?

RE: What version are you getting? Why?

I have a feeling Fairies are going to be overpowered, so Xerneas' Ability may be really good. But then again Legendaries aren't allowed in Competitions, though I don't do any Competitions so I guess that doesn't matter. And Xerneas+Sylveon appeals to my love of Eevee..

But Y's Legendary looks so cool!

I'll probably wait until the full Pokemon roster is released, so I can choose based on which has the higher number of Pokemon I like. But I could always trade, so does it really matter? *head asplodez* >_<

I'll be getting pokemon y because i like Yveltal more than Xerneas even though clauncher and swirlix are cooler than spritzee and skrelp so i'm just gonna trade them from friends plus Y is the first letter of my name so i gotta get Pokemon Y just for that :p

I'm going get Y cause I like the idea of A dark/flying legendary pokemon.

winner133 said:
Actually I might end up with that if my brother wants Xerneas. Which I don't like because I prefer Xerneas since I already have a dark flying honchkrow and don't need it. Not to mention while I think Yveltal is cool I like Xerneas better design and name-wise.

zappy800 said:
winner133 said:
Actually I might end up with that if my brother wants Xerneas. Which I don't like because I prefer Xerneas since I already have a dark flying honchkrow and don't need it. Not to mention while I think Yveltal is cool I like Xerneas better design and name-wise.

Well I do agree with you there with Xerneas look cool.
But I think Yveltal better,I wish there would be Yveltal in X and Xerneas in Y
Like Lugia was in heart gold.

winner133 said:
zappy800 said:

We might actually get lucky and get that in which case I will choose whichever came my brother doesn't want and just do that. Besides when they do that in the games the other legendary is stronger which would be great for me since I don't like having to wait 50 levels for a max level pokemon.

zappy800 said:
winner133 said:
We might actually get lucky and get that in which case I will choose whichever came my brother doesn't want and just do that. Besides when they do that in the games the other legendary is stronger which would be great for me since I don't like having to wait 50 levels for a max level pokemon.

I hope they do that too! It's difficult to tell because they haven't done it in any recent generations since gen II. You couldn't get Groudon in Sapphire, you couldn't get Dialga in Pearl, and you couldn't get Zekrom in Black. Part of the reason for this might be because since gen II, the legendaries have always played a big part in the storyline. It wouldn't make much sense if Team Aqua awoke Kyogre, you caught it to stop there plans, and all of a sudden later in the game you run across Groudon...uhh...what?

Granted, they have made it so you can catch the other pokemon in the sequels/3rd game remakes, but that's because of a more complete and coherent storyline. In HG/SS, the only reason you could get the Rainbow/Silver Wing in Pewter City was because you could do it in G/S, it didn't interfere with the climax of the storyline, and Game Freak wanted to stay as close to the originals as possible.

The only way I see us being able to get both Xerneas and Yveltal in the same game is if they pull a HG/SS style storyline, where the legendaries are not central to Team Flare's goal, just like Ho-Oh and Lugia were not part of Team Rocket's goal.

I'm getting X because it seems that Y is more popular because Yveltal looks cooler than Xerneas. Weeeeell, I think Xerneas is a unique design. I'm picking X because Ken Sugimori did a great job on taking something so simple, like a deer, and turning it into the Life Pokemon.

I'm getting X because I think the new fairy type will be awesome.

I lied. I want X because Xerneas seems like a powerful Pokémon.

I want Y, but that makes your Pokemon Global Link site have a red theme... Don't get me wrong, I like red, I just don't like it on website themes :p

Also, Y doesn't get Swirlix... Whatever will I do? I heard a rumor that he is going to be super overpowered in Doubles for some reason. o_0

Xerneas is prolly gonna be super op though, especially if Fairies are as strong as I think they're going to be in the meta.

I'm going to get both for one simple reason, tradition. Ever since Red and Blue I've gotten both versions. Mainly because I had no one else to trade with. It wasn't till gen 4 that I could trade with other people over GTS. Course then gamefreak gave me another reason to buy both games in gen 5.

However the first one that I'm planning on playing is X. Which is odd now that I think about since I like Y's legendary better.

I'm getting X because I love Xerneas, I have a strong dislike for Spritzee, I like Clauncher a lot more than Skrelp, AND my boyfriend wants Y, so currently X seems like the perfect choice.

I may well end up with both depending on how good the game is (that or might buy my partner a copy) but definately goign to X first. Xerneas looks cooler to me, Yveltal looks very "flying groudon" to me. Not a bad thing, but just not as origianl.

Xerneas seems a lot cooler to me since it is nice to see some non mythical creature forms come back as legendaries.

Y and because of Yveltal. It's just too awesome :T

At first I only wanted Pokemon X, but Skrelp and Spritzee are on Pokemon Y. If Amura and Aurorus are gonna be on Pokemon Y, I'm sorry but Xerneas that's gonna be a deal breaker.
legendary_xerneas_by_xous54-d5vhaqp.png

I was originally going to get X because I really prefer Xerneas. As a lot of people have mentioned, it's a much more original design. However, I really love Skrelp and Spritzee, so I went ahead and pre-ordered Y. I never actually use the legendary on my team, so exclusive standard pokemon preferences trump exclusive legendary preferences. Besides, I always buy both versions anyway, I'll just have to wait until Christmas for the other.

SuchADamnLady369 said:
At first I only wanted Pokemon X, but Skrelp and Spritzee are on Pokemon Y. If Amura and Aurorus are gonna be on Pokemon Y, I'm sorry but Xerneas that's gonna be a deal breaker.
legendary_xerneas_by_xous54-d5vhaqp.png
It has been confirmed that we can choose the fossil ourselves; you can still get Pokémon X! :)

SuchADamnLady369 said:

Thiis is the first time I have actually seen the X in Xerneas's eye!

I am going to be getting X and Y. I don't usually get both versions, aside fro Fire Red/ Leaf Green but this game looks too fun to only have one version. I see myself having several playthroughs with loads of different teams.

If I had to choose, it'd be Y, because I prefer the legendary.

I'm getting both because I actually just want X, but later I always wanna start a new game but I never have a 'clear'/'new' card and i'm afraid i'll forget and save on accident [this has happened before, I had shinies on that game ;-;]. Y will be for later playthrough and possibly nuzlockes. I'll be getting that cloud thing, so hopefully i'll be able to trade with myself via that.

I wanted X because of all the 'It looks like the Forest Spirit' stuff. And all the people going on and on how Xerneas looked lame compared to Yveltal, using height and all that crap to 'back up' their rantings.* Which, it actually doesn't minus the multiple antlers. XD

*Nobody seems to be doing this now, but when they were first revealed...

Back