NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

RE: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

I believe that you sexuality is your own to choose, however another part of me says it lies within your destiny...idk...i feel this subject is appropriate because people are saying hateful thinks about homo/pan/bisexuality. i believe that love is love although i do consider myself straight.

I am so glad that a lot of the people on the Pokebeach forums are so intelligent and informed.

You all make me very proud to be part of this community, and also proud to be who I am.

A better question yet, "Why do we even care if they're homosexual or not?"

Equinox said:
A better question yet, "Why do we even care if they're homosexual or not?"

Exactly. Referring to my first post, why can we not see past our differences and just accept each other for the one thing we all are -- human? If we are to move forward, we must erase the concept of labels from our society.

Heh, I've never understood how people ask this question and mean it. I mean, I for one didn't come strolling out of my mothers womb thinking whether or not I was going to be attracted towards women. I just was. And no one, not a single person "chose" to like someone of ANY sex much less their own.
The way I see it, they can Like/love whomever they want. Who am I, or the 36 people above me to tell them other wise? Honestly, the only people that think it is, are strongly religious and forbid it as a whole (in other words, ignorant), or are homophobic (also ignorance). So, I guess, it all boils down to ignorance, such as this. . . I have to censor myself. . . guy.
Following the words of an outdated book. . . Makes sense. . .

MuhFugginMoose said:
Heh, I've never understood how people ask this question and mean it. I mean, I for one didn't come strolling out of my mothers womb thinking whether or not I was going to be attracted towards women. I just was. And no one, not a single person "chose" to like someone of ANY sex much less their own.
The way I see it, they can Like/love whomever they want. Who am I, or the 36 people above me to tell them other wise? Honestly, the only people that think it is, are strongly religious and forbid it as a whole (in other words, ignorant), or are homophobic (also ignorance). So, I guess, it all boils down to ignorance, such as this. . . I have to censor myself. . . guy.
Following the words of an outdated book. . . Makes sense. . .

Oh my goodness...

Using a government position to promote religious beliefs is not only despicable; it's illegal.

People like him cause me to lose a little faith in humanity each time I see them because they don't even have a sufficient enough understanding of the law to know not to do things like that, yet they run for offices in government..

RE: Is Homosexuality a Choice?

I don't think what you are attracted to is a choice, it just is. But I do feel as if experiences, overexposure, sensitization, "nurture", and a whole slew of other things can, over time, change how you feel towards something.

In regards to "sensitization", the human brain finds attractive things that are easier to process in their mind, things that are familiar. People with "average" looking faces generally are considered more attractive than "hot" people, because of this fact. It also explains why you can come to find someone attractive, who you once didn't, because you were overexposed until you came to like/appreciate their features and that your subconscious can also now easily recall/process the sight of them..

No idea where I was going with that... >_<

But at the end of the day, I think we are all Pansexuals, attracted to whatever we find attractive. :p

Eagles are looking solid. Vick is better than ever, McCoy is poised for a fantastic season under Chip Kelly, and our WRs are finally looking somewhat solid. We'll just have to see how our defense does.

With the Cowboys in the division, at least we know we've won two games.

scizorlicious said:
Eagles are looking solid. Vick is better than ever, McCoy is poised for a fantastic season under Chip Kelly, and our WRs are finally looking somewhat solid. We'll just have to see how our defense does.

Excuse me?! Last year, Dallas swept the Eagles behind. I don't know why you think this year will be any different.

Philly will be the worst team in the NFC East.

Would any of you guys be interested if I started a competition every week where you pick the winners of every game and then at the end of year the person with the best record gets bragging rights?

I just had one of those "The moment you make a gay joke and the douchebag you tell it to blocks you in response" moments. One of those moments where it's all, you're talking about something and when he says what you're thinking and you make a snappy counter of "that too" to signify a gay joke being made and he blocks you. It just says that even people I feel I could trust are secretly homophobic. It saddens me.

[3:09:59 PM] Person X: Oh right
[3:10:09 PM] Person X: Yeah he's cute
[3:10:57 PM] Myself: Yeah the (removed to hide anything that would help identify Person X) is cute too.

I know this has nothing to do with homosexuality being a choice, but I think it fits regardless. It's a sign that while people say they fully support something, they may only mean it as "I support it as long as I don't have to deal with it in any way shape or form"

Edit: Hahaha at the censor.

The cowboys have a chance of winning this year nobody can cover dez Bryant and if they do u have to worry about miles Austin

I participated in a fantasy football league with some friends (some of which were huge into football) and I think, considering I had 7/8th draft pick, I did well. Here's my roster:

QB:
Aaron Rodgers

RB:
Lesean McCoy
Frank Gore

WR:
James Jones
Reggie Wayne

TE:
Jason Witten

W/R/T:
Dwayne Bowe
Steve Smith

D/ST:
Texans

K:
Sebastien Janikowski

Bench:
Eli Manning QB
Mark Ingram RB
Rashard Mendenhall RB
Greg Jennings WR
Roddy White (minor injury) WR
Pittsburgh Steelers D

I felt I did well, and have at least the second best team in my league. I was happy that I actually got to be in the draft rather than autopick because I had more control. Currently I/m trying to trade for C.J. Spiller. I also believe that Lesean McCoy will have a 2000 yard season with Chip Kelly's new style of coaching.

ANd tell me what you guys think.

Tails said:
scizorlicious said:

Excuse me?! Last year, Dallas swept the Eagles behind. I don't know why you think this year will be any different.

Are you really saying why would this year be any different? The eagles made a lot of changes this offseason, and just looking at how many SNAPS they got off in week 1 of preseason, they're going to be able to have more chances to score. Also, with a good RB that Chip Kelly can take advantage of, it's going to be a dangerous offence. The defense however... Anyway there's a huge difference from last year to this year, and I don't know how well ANY team will hold up against there offence. I'm predicting the eagles finishing 3rd in the division with the cowboys at 4th by 1 game, and another thing that the Eagles have is a pretty easy schedule, playing all the other last place teams in the NFC. Also, this is coming from somebody who hates both teams so I'm not biased.

Tails said:
scizorlicious said:

The Cowboys are absolutely terrible this year. They made no positive changes over the offseason, Romo is as bad as ever, and Jerry Jones still doesn't know what he's doing. Only he would have made himself GM.

The Eagles have a mediocre defense, but their offense is terrific: the Eagles are coming out with a fantastic coach, their WRs are looking better than ever, Vick is playing super well under Kelly, and their talented O-Line is finally healthy (this might be most important of all; the Eagles were 3-1 last year before their entire offensive line got injured).

The Eagles were BAD last year. We're not going to win the Super Bowl or anything this year, but we'll be a whole lot better than the Cowboys, if only because Lurie has some idea how to run a football team and Jones has been just terrible for the last decade.

I don't believe homosexuality is a choice. Do you think being straight is a choice? If society commanded you to become homosexual would you do it? Thought so.

Just posting to bandwagon on the cowboys hate. I can't stand Jerry Jones or Tony Romo, and the only players I like are Ware and Murray.

Dallas isn't very good yeah.

But, all Chip Kelly's going to do is run his offense into the ground. That high-paced offense will also run his defense into the ground.

If Philly strings together a bunch of quick scores, they'll be throwing their defense back out there really quickly.

They may be able to score a lot of points, but they'll sure as heck give up just as many on defense.

Now, we're not talking last years' Saints defense bad, but they'll give up a lot of points on different occasions.

Back