Pokemon Pokémon Tattoos Anyone?

RE: Pokemon Tattoos anyone?

I don't see myself getting a tattoo anytime soon, but I've always wanted to get a Pikachu on my wrist. For fear of constantly having to cover it up to get a job, I've considered getting a similar tattoo on the bottom of my foot. That way I could have the tattoo and enjoy it, without a ton of people knowing it was there (unless I decided to tell them).

@BreakingBad:
Do you mean the sole of your foot? That isn't a good idea. Because of walking etc. the skin just rubs off and the tattoo wouldn't be there for long.

@shitzon yep, that's the plan! More on the bottom of my toes than the sole though. I'll probably never go through with it, but its fun to think about! I feel like it is kind of convenient that it wouldn't last long, because I may or may not want to have it when I'm 50 lol.

I actually had plans to be a tattoo artist but that was back in high school. I have put a lot of thought into it and I want a tattoo representing my love for generation five. I've been a Pokemon dork since the age of five and its been a big factor in my life since. I'm thinking the sprite of the male protagonist from Black/White or the sprite of Druddigon. As to where on my body, I have no idea yet.

I've been planning for a Tattoo for about 4 years now, since I was 16, I'll probably start getting it when I'm 22 and it'll probably take like 5 years to get done. Want to get a Full Back Tattoo, both half sleeves (shoulders and running about 12cm down the arm so it can be hidden with a normal tshirt), maybe a bit on the sides and a few small things on the chest.
Full-Back-Skull-Tattoos.jpeg

I don't plan on having just a single big tattoo tho, I want to have a big Cthulhu on the back but I don't want just one image, was thinking more about having a lot of stuff that's been important on my life thrown at it one way or another, definetly having a pin up girl for example and the logos of a few bands like Tool / A Perfect Circle and something from Daft Punk... Pokemon related, I definetly want a Crobat going out of a Masterball (because who wouldn't catch a zubat with a masterball, you know you would!) and a Gengar, if not just the face somewhere then something in the lines of this image.
tumblr_m1mea4e0Tm1r9ij18o1_500.jpg

I really don't mind people not liking Tattoo's, everyone should be able to treat their bodys like they want, disregard if the tattoo has a meaning or absolutely none, tattoos are completely normal on our society and if you don't like them = you don't get them.

I obviously discourage getting tattoos on the face and on visible parts of the body because how it can influence your work and carreer, but having a tattoo doesn't make you less of a professional or a parent.

PMJ said:
Tattoos are dumb. Enjoy your malformed pictures in fifty years!
I don't wanna say YOLO because I hate saying such childish thing so I'll rather say something like -> when I'm ~70 I'll just look at my Tattoos and say "I loved my life and regret nothing". Hahahaha, but I get what you mean, I've also seen a bunch of tattoos that are really regrettable.

TheTPCProductionz said:
... I don't agree with Tattoos or Piercings hell I think they are absurd. Why deface the human body ? Art is for paper not for skin.
It's cool that you don't agree with them, you better not get any, it'd make no sense for you to do it and while I do appreciate and accept your opinion, personally I think there are better ways to express it. Instead you go for things like "deface the human body", "it makes me cringe" and "horrible, deforming/defacing the human body" which I belive portray hate to those who are tattooed. Dude, chill...
I chose to believe that you aren't really just hating because you've stated it a couple of times already in the forums, should maybe go ahead and pick better words, I believe saying such things brings nothing to the debate/thread and as of now, I have no interest in debating anything with you, just my personal opinion. Don't take this the wrong way, I am in no way being rude to you, but you might wanna read a bit on how to debate, unless you are all here taking this thread like a 4chan thread, if that's the case it's pretty sad.

BreakingBad said:
I don't see myself getting a tattoo anytime soon, but I've always wanted to get a Pikachu on my wrist. For fear of constantly having to cover it up to get a job, I've considered getting a similar tattoo on the bottom of my foot. That way I could have the tattoo and enjoy it, without a ton of people knowing it was there (unless I decided to tell them).

I have the Fire Energy tattooed on my wrist, it's not a job limiter. Long sleeve shirts work wonders for interviews. After I got my job and wore a short sleeve shirt the boss was like "oh, you've got a tattoo, what is it, that's cool" Tattoos aren't looked down upon in the working world as much as they were say 10 years ago, they've become more of a norm.

danks_ said:
I've been planning for a Tattoo for about 4 years now, since I was 16, I'll probably start getting it when I'm 22 and it'll probably take like 5 years to get done. Want to get a Full Back Tattoo, both half sleeves (shoulders and running about 12cm down the arm so it can be hidden with a normal tshirt), maybe a bit on the sides and a few small things on the chest.
Full-Back-Skull-Tattoos.jpeg

I don't plan on having just a single big tattoo tho, I want to have a big Cthulhu on the back but I don't want just one image, was thinking more about having a lot of stuff that's been important on my life thrown at it one way or another, definetly having a pin up girl for example and the logos of a few bands like Tool / A Perfect Circle and something from Daft Punk... Pokemon related, I definetly want a Crobat going out of a Masterball (because who wouldn't catch a zubat with a masterball, you know you would!) and a Gengar, if not just the face somewhere then something in the lines of this image.
tumblr_m1mea4e0Tm1r9ij18o1_500.jpg

I really don't mind people not liking Tattoo's, everyone should be able to treat their bodys like they want, disregard if the tattoo has a meaning or absolutely none, tattoos are completely normal on our society and if you don't like them = you don't get them.

I obviously discourage getting tattoos on the face and on visible parts of the body because how it can influence your work and carreer, but having a tattoo doesn't make you less of a professional or a parent.

PMJ said:
Tattoos are dumb. Enjoy your malformed pictures in fifty years!
I don't wanna say YOLO because I hate saying such childish thing so I'll rather say something like -> when I'm ~70 I'll just look at my Tattoos and say "I loved my life and regret nothing". Hahahaha, but I get what you mean, I've also seen a bunch of tattoos that are really regrettable.

TheTPCProductionz said:
... I don't agree with Tattoos or Piercings hell I think they are absurd. Why deface the human body ? Art is for paper not for skin.
It's cool that you don't agree with them, you better not get any, it'd make no sense for you to do it and while I do appreciate and accept your opinion, personally I think there are better ways to express it. Instead you go for things like "deface the human body", "it makes me cringe" and "horrible, deforming/defacing the human body" which I belive portray hate to those who are tattooed. Dude, chill...
I chose to believe that you aren't really just hating because you've stated it a couple of times already in the forums, should maybe go ahead and pick better words, I believe saying such things brings nothing to the debate/thread and as of now, I have no interest in debating anything with you, just my personal opinion. Don't take this the wrong way, I am in no way being rude to you, but you might wanna read a bit on how to debate, unless you are all here taking this thread like a 4chan thread, if that's the case it's pretty sad.

My intentions, were initially to give my opinion. I just don't see the point in them, I have a few family members with them . I personally don't hate people that wear them, I just don't see why they would want to put something everlasting on there body. I don't use 4chan or other websites like that, this is the only forum I am a member of. I don't wish to research on how to debate, I'm not campaigning against Tattoo's just really don't get why people like them.

Then please do take my advice on looking for better words to use, the one's you used first are words I see as portraying hate, despise of opinion different to yours, disinterest and total block out instead of opinion. The fact that you won't even try and grow as a person by continuously growing/developing your debating skills while being an active member of a forum tells a lot about who you are. Anyway, nice chit-chat :) Back to topic.

Then that's your opinion, not hatred just curious as to why people feel the need to have these done. That's my opinion, you seem rather quick to judge, when I have an opinion you clearly don't like what I have to say. Then by saying back to topic, after you've said what you wanted to say seems rather arrogant, as if you want to dismiss any further communication from me on this thread ?. Others have shared my opinion in the past, and others have shared yours.

Here's the thing though, TPC:

Your negative opinion actually has positively zero value here. Imagine someone signing up on this very forum exclusively to let people know that they do not in any way like pokemon and don't get why anybody would, but they really felt it necessary that you know they don't like pokemon.

I think you would agree that such a thing would be a ridiculous waste of time and make them look a bit crazy.

Imagine, perhaps, someone stepping into a library, screaming "I DON'T READ" and just standing there, expecting library patrons to give them attention and reconsider their own reading habits because of their input.

Imagine a group of people discussing what kind of cake they want for their birthday, and you interrupt them just to say how you hate cake and prefer pie.

That's you, in this thread.

If you aren't interested in something, you DON'T NEED TO COMMENT ON IT. Wow, what a concept! This is a difficult notion for most people on the internet, because everyone has been brought up thinking that their opinions are innately special and that criticism is always just as valuable as positive sentiments, but that's all a complete load of garbage.

You do not walk up to a dog owner to tell them you don't and would never own dogs. That is what a crazy person does. That does not, in any way, enrich their world view, make them think about anything or add a single thing of worth to the situation. At best, they're only going to think "yeah, okay, some people don't like dogs, whatever. Moving on" At worst, and more commonly, they're going to think "who is this jerk and why does he think I should care if he wants dogs or not?"

The #1 rule of all the internet, and life itself, should be that if you don't like something, stay out of it. Unless it actually harms or interferes with your life and you need to protect yourself in some way from it, there is nothing anyone, including you, can ever gain from expressing what you AREN'T interested in or "don't get." Those are literally your least interesting and worthwhile traits to talk about. You are letting people know that you lack an interest as if that's somehow equivalent to having one.

I wouldn't get a tattoo just because I'm a weenie about pain and bleeding, nor could I ever come up with something I'd like forever...but most people who get them are satisfied with them for the long run, and that old-as-dirt "they'll look ugly when you're old" thing seriously needs to stop. For one, that's implying older people are ugly and gross. For another, it's flat-out incorrect.

grandmother-tattoos.jpg

It does, in fact, only make an old person look like they could beat you up with one arm behind their back.

Then by that concept, there would never be a discussion on a topic. Everyone would agree with everything, if we only participated in topics that we agree with it would be a bias one sided discussion. It's life, everyone has a view, we are allowed to express it. I am in no way saying my opinion, is a fact and everyone should agree. I will however point out, I am not the only one who has brought their opinion clear on this thread. Though someone quoted what I said from a few weeks back, and started talking about it.

First of all this isn't the place to work out your disputes, please take it to PM. I do want to say however, that TPC's comments are no less valuable than anyone else's, and to say otherwise was actually quite elitist of you. I would be careful because we have rules against that kind of behavior. TPC explained himself rather respectfully in post #49, offer him the same respect.

Secondly, there would be no discussion without dissenting opinions. Your whole post, Bogleech, indicates that you don't fully understand the meaning of a forum. Please don't discourage discussion anymore. Again if you two would like to continue to work out the disagreement, take it in private. Thanks

Bogleech said:
But we're talking about posting a dissenting opinion for positively nothing other than the sake of a dissenting opinion. Isn't that the exact same thing as unconstructive bashing? I think my hypothetical wacky real-world examples very clearly demonstrate that there's a difference between expressing opinion in conversation and just throwing out negativity for its own sake.

The entire point of forum is to communicate and share your opinions. If you post that you don't like tattoos and think they're a crime against the human body, then you have every right to do so. However, when you start verbally attacking those who disagree with your opinions, it becomes bashing/flaming.

Sorry, I had deleted my post before I saw your response.

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I really thought I was saying something universal at the time. Forums I'm familiar with usually make it warnable or bannable to enter a thread or subforum and just post that you aren't interested in or dislike what everyone is talking about. It's bound to make people feel that their interests are being put down for no reason, or that they're being disrespected just for what they enjoy.

That goes even moreso for the comments here calling people foolish or stupid for getting a tattoo, and that they're bound to regret it. If you don't personally know someone, it's not fair to sweepingly put down their judgment like that and just assume they're rash, ignorant kids.

Honestly every person I know who has a tattoo, (and I know a lot) regret it because they are getting older. It's not an act of Ignorant kids, but a spur of the moment kinda thing.

I think everyone here is entitled to their opinions about tattoos. However, the original intention of this thread has fallen by the wayside. The OP wanted to discuss their tattoo and other Pokemon tattoos. Posting the ones you have seen around the internet would have been more acceptable than this whole debate about getting them or not getting them, or how you think your arms will look like moldy bananas if you get tattoos and grow old.

I think the debate is fine to have, but it's another topic completely. If someone wants to continue this it should be a general tattoo debate thread in the Everyday Life forum. I hope this thread will get back on topic now.

I am planning on getting a small Sneasel crystal sprite somewhere... I don't know where yet :)

I would like to have a stylized Pkball (not a red and white but the ones we see on Ethan's hat and backpack, at least in Gen.II) on my back, just above the shoulder line or maybe one on each side of the waist.

Working on a 1st gen. sleeve
This is the result of the first session.

68063_303696713067618_2142444471_n.jpg

I have a Charizard design done up. I'm just waiting to find some time/money to get it done. Honestly can't wait.

Back