How Do You Store and Organize Your Collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protecting Cards

Hey, I recently finished acquiring all the Glaceon cards in the TCG for English and Japanese. I was wondering how I should protect/display them. I have a Majestic Dawn UltraPro 9-Pocket Binder with 1 card in each slot. I also have each card in a penny sleeve, UltraPro Platinum Card Sleeves. Should I double sleeve them? I was thinking about using KMC Perfect Fits, but did not know if they would fit. If anyone could let me know, that would be great. Thanks.

RE: Protecting Cards

The one sleeve in a binder page should be fine. I personally put cards in sleeves upside down to prevent dirt and dust getting in.

If I have an extra special card that needs care (and I don't want to play it) I usually get a cheap float frame and arrange them nicely so they can be up on my wall and free of stuff that will hurt them.
If I do want to play them sometime, I usually put them in their own deck sleeve then in with the rest of my cards, just so they have an extra buffer XD.

This is what I do for best protection:

1.) Latex gloves
2.) KMC Perfect Fit Sleeve
3.) KMC Matte Black Sleeve
4.) Ultra Pro page or Ultra pro premium binder or if the card is worth 50$+ then toploader

:cool:

Alright, thanks. Ya, right now I have them in the penny sleeve upside down. The one problem I have heard about with double sleeving is it leaves "air bubbles."

I put all my valuable cards in sleeves, and the most valuable in Top Loaders(My 2 tropical beaches, some FAs and CPU Search and stuff like that)

Air can get trapped in cards if you double sleeve, yes. But I usually push the air out and they're fine.

One thing I did for my 1999-2000 Base Set holos was put them in a brand new penny sleeve upside down, brand new toploader and brand new team bag. Keeps 'em safe. :)

Storing PSA cards in a 3-ring binder?

So for storing stuff in binders these are those 3x3 sheets of 9 card slots and the open ones that you can put a full sheet of paper in.

What about for PSA cards? Is there any easy way to store them in a binder? I was thinking about a plastic frame; the PSA card cases could click into and that tray could be put in a 3 ring binder.

Do any of you do this and if so what way have you found the best to do it?

Card Storage

Hello, I know what your thinking when you read the thread title but I want to get a few simple views and keep this prganized so everyone has a referance to look for peoples opinions.

Personally, I have EVERY card I own in a KMC Perfect Fit sleeve and then into the Ultra Pro Platinum Series wallets then into Ultra Pro Collectors Albums, I am condiering changing this to the Ultra Pro Premium Pro Binders (keeping the cards first in the KMC sleeves) and having each set versions (1st edition and unlimited or unlimitied and rev holos) in one folder each.

If you also have the time copy and paste the info below into a post and breifly answer each line, this will keep the thread basic and simple for people to read to se ewhat other peoples opinions are with out having the normal off topic talk that these threads get.

Thank you.

What wallets and or binders do you use to store your card collection....

What do you think of the Ultra Pro Premium Pro-Binder....

What do you think of the Ultra Pro Collectors Albums....

Anything else to add....

Here are links to the types of wallets, and folders I have mentioned.

Ultro Pro Platinum Series wallets: http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/accessories-c1/binders-pocket-pages-c6/ultra-pro-9-pocket-a4-sized-pages-for-trading-cards-x-100-pages-platinum-series-p386

Ultra Pro Collectors Albums : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-Quality-Ultra-Pro-3-D-Ring-Spine-Trading-Card-CCG-Collectors-Storage-Album-/251252627392?pt=UK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL&var=&hash=item3a7fd2d7c0

Ultra Pro Premium Pro-Binder: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Pro-Premium-PRO-BINDER-Padded-Leatherette-Sideloading-9-Pocket-Album-for-P-/380653117932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a0b1a1ec

RE: Card Storage

I use card storage boxes. Spacious and practical.

http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/accessories-c1/card-storage-boxes-c7/bcw-cardboard-storage-box-for-5-000-trading-cards-big-lid-p407

I use Beautone 300 page 3 ring binders as overall safe storage, and then the whole 9 sleeve ultra pro pages and ultra pro premium card sleeves in combination.

Between that and storing my binders in a 'cold cupboard' I've never had a problem with 'em. And binders just make it so much easier to store things. All stored in language > set order. And let me tell you I think you could kill someone with the weight of some of the Japanese promo binders I have and those aren't actually at full capacity.

I don't play in any tournaments; I just collect them.

I have 4 huge 3-ring binders that I put my non-holo, non-legendaries in. The first binder has Normal and Grass, the second has Fire, Water, and Electric, the third has Fighting, Psychic, Dark, Metal, and Dragon, and the fourth binder has my Energies and Trainers. The cards are in the order of Pokemon number... So for Normal, it starts off with all the Pidgey cards, then all the Pidgeotto cards, then Pidgeot, then next are all the Spearow, Fearow, Ratatta, etc. I put each Pokemon in order of release date so, base/jungle/fossil, then Rocket, then Gym, etc

All my non-legendary reverse holos are in two smaller binders (2 x 2, 1999 card holder that holds way more than the ultra pros do) that follow the same order as above

All my non-legendary holos are in two binders (2 x 2, 1999) similar to the reverse holos

All of my legendary Pokemon cards, holo or not, are in two more binders (3 x 3 Ultra Pro) in the same organization as previously mentioned

All my Japanese cards (I went to Japan in January and bought a ton, in addition to what I already owned) are in two 3 x 3 ultra pro binders, along with my other foreign language cards. I also keep a few special cards in there, too.

My old anime cards (those thick Topps cards that include images of the first movie, the first 25 episodes, etc) are in my old Charizard tin. The anime stock art cards are in their own 3 ring binder.

All my over stock cards (mostly consisting of Base, Jungle, Fossil, and energies) are currently in gallon-sized ziplock baggies.

There are 4 sets of cards that I am not taking out of their packaging: my complete Southern Islands set, the Rumble Blast set, the World Pikachu set that comes with Pikachu cards in many languages, and a 1999 Japanese promotional Neo mini set that comes with the gen 2 starters and their evolutions.

I have about 7 or 8 oversized cards, which just stay in the boxes that they came in (yes, I keep the boxes that all my cards come in.)

I think that's it...or at least that's all I can think of at the moment.

bagoly14 said:

1.) Latex gloves
4.) Ultra Pro page or Ultra pro premium binder or if the card is worth 50$+ then toploader

This is what I do for my Japanese Promo cards, I skip the latex gloves as I don't really think that makes all that big of a difference. Also I put the card in its spot regardless of its cost cause I can't stand to have a missing spot.

So for my BW-P I do this:

1)KMC Perfect fit sleeves with opening facing bottom of card.

2)KMC Matte Black Sleeve with opening facing top of card. (can be tricky to get in smoothly)

3) place that into its respective slot in a Ultra Pro Premium Binder.

All my other sets are just in regular binders with opening down kmc perfect fit sleeves and in 9 pocket pages.

I ordered a case of KMC perfect fit sleeves from Japan for $50 and have yet to put a big dent in it haha.

Omahanime if you see this I'd be happy to trade you a pack of those if you are interested in trying them, saw earlier in this thread you and soulwind talking about them.

NarcoticHobo said:
bagoly14 said:

1.) Latex gloves

This is what I do for my Japanese Promo cards, I skip the latex gloves as I don't really think that makes all that big of a difference. Also I put the card in its spot regardless of its cost cause I can't stand to have a missing spot.

So for my BW-P I do this:

1)KMC Perfect fit sleeves with opening facing bottom of card.

2)KMC Matte Black Sleeve with opening facing top of card. (can be tricky to get in smoothly)

3) place that into its respective slot in a Ultra Pro Premium Binder.

All my other sets are just in regular binders with opening down kmc perfect fit sleeves and in 9 pocket pages.

I ordered a case of KMC perfect fit sleeves from Japan for $50 and have yet to put a big dent in it haha.

Omahanime if you see this I'd be happy to trade you a pack of those if you are interested in trying them, saw earlier in this thread you and soulwind talking about them.

Yeah, the reason I wear the latex gloves is to actually help with 1) and 2) on your list. I find that if I don't wear the gloves then I get thumbprints and streak on the sleeves no matter how clean my hands are. The latex gloves also grip better, making it easier to slide the perfect fit into the matte sleeve.

I am super happy with the KMC sleeves, they are such high quality. The are just rigid enough to prevent bending and feel nice and look classy. I've actually had people ask me about them and where to get them which is just a testament to its quality.

Hello again, what do people prefer, 3" 3 ring binders or the A4 folders and have 1 set per folder or tyhe ultra pro pro binders which are sideways loaded and extra thick padding with the black boarder for the cards?

I feel the 3" binders may be causing bending in some cards slightly where the A4 folders will always be able to keep every card flat, what are your thoughts on this?

I use 1/2" 3 ring binders. I do not like 3" binders because they do get heavy and awkward. I also worry about too much slop in the pages causing rolling.

This is my first reply to this thread, so I hope I'm thorough...

I collect cards from all sets; my goal is to reach a master set of at least one card from each set ever made. (NOT every edition; I won't put myself through that. lol)

I have my collection, as of right now, split between 4 binders:

- A 3" binder full of my completed sets (8 so far)
- Another 3" binder full of my almost-completed sets (those where I'm only missing ultra-rares)
- A 4" binder which holds my pre-DP cards
- A final 3" binder which holds my DP-on cards.

I store all cards in Ultra Pro pages, and I'm slowly beginning to also put them in sleeves. (Sleeves cost money, which is why it's taking me so long. The card shop here sells used pages for 5c each, so I can buy hundreds of quality used pages for almost nothing.) The only card I store otherwise is my Latias Star - my pride and joy! - which I store in a sleeve, in a top loader, in another sleeve, in the front pocket of one of my binders.

Aside from getting all my cards graded by PSA, this is about the best way to store my cards that I've found.

I have Ultra Rares in front, Holo's/Meta in middle, good T/S/S behind holo's and Holo Energy and a few evolution deck prevolutions in back. I have a cardboard box for my crap cards. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back