Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

Aggressiv

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

zero2exe said:
Aggressiv said:
Hmm, Imo 2 absol is good enough. 3 Sabelye is better because it helps with sabelye starts more often which greatly helps this deck out, especially when you're only running 2 energy switch. Absol is really clutch in some matchups, but start absol is usually worse than starting sabelye imo.

@Zero2exe
Your list is very similar to mine, only varying by a few tech cards. I've found the same thing with less energy switch, but to include techs to help you deal better with matchups you usually have to cut consistency a little bit (tool scrapper).
I know my darkrai decks all share a similar skeleton although I did copy your supporter line since I couldn't find one that I liked until now. Btw wouldn't it be better to add a switch instead of a tool scrapper for those matchups? It might not get rid of Garbodor's ability right away however that switch is able to replace Dark Cloak for enough time to catcher and KO Garbodor with either darkrai or absol, and since garbodor decks are supposed to replace rescue scarf with float stone (due to garbodors's huge retreat cost) it means they wouldn't get it back up so quickly. Also a single switch is never a dead card against other decks unlike scrapper.
The supporter line is -1 skyla with 1 RR and it's the exact same.

Imo, scrapper is better. Especially with float stone flying around (haha I'm so funny), plus junk hunting for it is pretty good when faced with garbodor. Get rid of their float stones then catcher stall garbodor till the cows come home. I've done a little testing with switch but the only cases I've used it is with garbodor, and when I need to get the active out of that spot and it has no energy on it.

Switch- Potentially clutch

Tool Scrapper- More verstatile imo. I mean a lot of decks run float stone if they run switch too, so the card is rarely dead.

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS

I love Absol. I'll probably run Darkrai at some point and will run as many Absol as Darkrai. It fits me well.

EmmetCHH22

Aspiring Trainer

The need for absol is very slim. I won today with only one absol it's fine trust me

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS

EmmetCHH22 said:
The need for absol is very slim. I won today with only one absol it's fine trust me
While that is true, I have a lot of fun with the card and its ability to attack for a lot using very little.

Aggressiv

Aspiring Trainer

POTENTIALLY a lot.

You could be stuck dealing 40-60 for 2, which is pretty bad. Some decks are able to restrict their bench sizes, which is bad news for absol. And if you keep a heavy focus on absol, you're more likely to start with him more often which is bad against everything but rayeels and TDK.

Blui

lv85 paladin

Aggressiv said:
POTENTIALLY a lot.

You could be stuck dealing 40-60 for 2, which is pretty bad. Some decks are able to restrict their bench sizes, which is bad news for absol. And if you keep a heavy focus on absol, you're more likely to start with him more often which is bad against everything but rayeels and TDK.

That's when you use Darkrai-EX. Absol makes them want a small bench and then Darkrai comes in at starts messing stuff up.

Aggressiv

Aspiring Trainer

Blui said:
Aggressiv said:
POTENTIALLY a lot.

That's when you use Darkrai-EX. Absol makes them want a small bench and then Darkrai comes in at starts messing stuff up.

Right, but rayeels for example won't care about Absol. To operate properly they have to have a full bench, and will simply setup and take big damage, but if you go anything with landorus and run heavy absol you'll get destroyed.

Not to mention simply "using Darkrai EX" costs 3 energy, which in most games till take till t2-t3. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Absol isn't as good as people think it is, if you're matched eels or TDK it usually does pretty well, but when you're not you're stuck with a sub-par attacker. Wheras darkrai can be solid in any matchup, and if your line is something like 3-2 absol darkrai you're going to be really good against certain decks, but will fall out against others.

Blui

lv85 paladin

Aggressiv said:
Blui said:

Right, but rayeels for example won't care about Absol. To operate properly they have to have a full bench, and will simply setup and take big damage, but if you go anything with landorus and run heavy absol you'll get destroyed.

Not to mention simply "using Darkrai EX" costs 3 energy, which in most games till take till t2-t3. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Absol isn't as good as people think it is, if you're matched eels or TDK it usually does pretty well, but when you're not you're stuck with a sub-par attacker. Wheras darkrai can be solid in any matchup, and if your line is something like 3-2 absol darkrai you're going to be really good against certain decks, but will fall out against others.

T2 isn't that hard, and later on it's pretty easy to pull one out in a turn.

Aggressiv

Aspiring Trainer

Blui said:
Aggressiv said:

T2 is maybe 1/3 of the time, it's usually been t3 from my experience. My point was that absol is a 1-2 of and doesn't deserve more focus than that until the format rotates either changes to many more evolution decks, more EX decks that need full benches all the time.

zero2exe

Aspiring Trainer

Aggressiv said:
Blui said:

T2 is maybe 1/3 of the time, it's usually been t3 from my experience. My point was that absol is a 1-2 of and doesn't deserve more focus than that until the format rotates either changes to many more evolution decks, more EX decks that need full benches all the time.
Agreed, absol is good but still not THAT good. I think I read a comment before that hit it right on the nail "Absol is good when it is played along Darkrai because it is an inconsistent card working along with a consistent one (Darkrai)".
However lets not forget that absol is a non-ex unlike darkrai and although landorus is a threat he can not OHKO absol T1 even with laser/bank combo + weakness (which caps at 90) thanks to the magical 100hp so at least you have a chance to hit back before going down and have darkrai deal the final blow (in an ideal scenario though :p )

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD

Just wondering and thinking crazy here, but what would you guys think of Darkrai/Terrakion/Lasers?? I'm really trying to find a rogueish deck and so far I can't find anything (STUPID GOTHITELLE)

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

What exactly is Terrakion supposed to do? To counter Gothitelle you can run a Keldeo or two with Darkrai.

Aggressiv

Aspiring Trainer

MrGatr said:
Just wondering and thinking crazy here, but what would you guys think of Darkrai/Terrakion/Lasers?? I'm really trying to find a rogueish deck and so far I can't find anything (STUPID GOTHITELLE)

This is a little off topic but run Beartic Umbreon. Auto 1-shot any EX if you have 90 dmg counters on a 170-210 poke. (2 umbreon-3 umbreon + giant cape)

MrGatr

I never mentioned it countering Gothitelle -.- I was stating that Gothitelle ruins every rogue deck that I come up with...

Learn to read

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

MrGatr said:
I never mentioned it countering Gothitelle -.- I was stating that Gothitelle ruins every rogue deck that I come up with...

Learn to read

And I told you how to prevent Gothitelle from ruining every rogue deck that you come up with. Its what a 2-3 card Keldeo tech? Using Darkrai+Dark Energy with the Keldeo is even better.

MrGatr

Could you just tell me if Darkrai/Lasers/Terrakion would work??

MrGatr

-.- It's Terrakion. It OHKO's Thundo EX, and Darkrai EX, and luls at the prize trade.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

MrGatr said:
-.- It's Terrakion. It OHKO's Thundo EX, and Darkrai EX, and luls at the prize trade.

Except that its Terrakion. Its terrible now because of how easy it is to OHKO, the fact that no deck has room for Exp. Shares to do anything about it being OHKOed, Dark Patch and Colress Machine don't work on it, and if the opponent gets KOs with HTL (relatively common) then Terrak can't Revenge and becomes extremely useless. Sure it beats Thundurus EX but Kyurem Plasma rofls at it, and so do Blastoise decks. Since Darkrai decks run HTL its not even effective against him.

Bo$$_89

Two Posts a Day Kept the Trolls Away

Actually it does work. You play prism and energy switch so that when a different Pokemon gets ko'd you play terrakion retreat energy switch prism. I ran terrakion throughout states and it was great