XY About weather and seasons

leecario

let's be alone together
Seismitoad537 said:
I don't like the season thing. Anyone else agree?

I agree i didn't really feel like it added anything of note to the gameplay in gen 5.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
leecario said:
I agree i didn't really feel like it added anything of note to the gameplay in gen 5.

I'd hardly say changes in area layout and Pokemon distribution didn't add to the gameplay.

Mitja

veteran smartass
I think that even in the worst case, they would still include at least one dungeon which has drastic changes for seasons, just not have the whole region change.

Seismitoad537 said:

I liked it alot.

Its just that there should be more actual stuff affected by it (path changes, new items) than just twist mountain and one new item in a few areas, but visually it was great.

DrEspeon

Pokemon Physician and Psychologist
Mitja said:
I think that even in the worst case, they would still include at least one dungeon which has drastic changes for seasons, just not have the whole region change.

Seismitoad537 said:

I liked it alot.

Its just that there should be more actual stuff affected by it (path changes, new items) than just twist mountain and one new item in a few areas, but visually it was great.

I liked the visual aspects, but would not be all that sad if they took it away

Mitja

veteran smartass
DrEspeon said:
Mitja said:

I liked it alot.

Its just...it would be weird to get rid of it after introducing it (especially when there are gimmicky pokemon based on the feature).

I mean, if they really didn't wanna invest work into it for some reason, they could simply keep it to a minimum by having it be minor visual difference and nothing more (simple palette swapping for the textures of environment).

DrEspeon

Pokemon Physician and Psychologist
Mitja said:
DrEspeon said:

Its just...it would be weird to get rid of it after introducing it (especially when there are gimmicky pokemon based on the feature).

I mean, if they really didn't wanna invest work into it for some reason, they could simply keep it to a minimum by having it be minor visual difference and nothing more (simple palette swapping for the textures of environment).

That is true, though it could be different in 3D.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Mitja said:

I liked it alot.

I didn't really care about the region drastically changing, in fact I loved it, it made exploring the region a lot more fun. The only real problem with seasons is that they last too long, a 4 month cycle is far too long to wait through. At the very least, they should cut it down to a 4 week cycle, that'd be a lot more reasonable.

Nightingirle

Aspiring Trainer
Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

I liked it alot.

I didn't really care about the region drastically changing, in fact I loved it, it made exploring the region a lot more fun. The only real problem with seasons is that they last too long, a 4 month cycle is far too long to wait through. At the very least, they should cut it down to a 4 week cycle, that'd be a lot more reasonable.

I find 4 weeks still kind of long, it me be my play style, but that would take you 3 months to see all seasons and I never really play that long :/ also if I really want a seasonal pokemon(and I liked the idea of seasonal pokemon) I don't want to have to wait so long. Then again, if they changed it every week, it would feel kind of odd, I guess.
I don't really have a good idea to make the seasons work for me, even though I like having them in theory...

Sorry, I should learn to read, I actually think your idea is very good.

Leaferian

Blaze Reaper
Nightingirle said:
Bolt the Cat said:

I find 4 weeks still kind of long, it me be my play style, but that would take you 3 months to see all seasons and I never really play that long :/ also if I really want a seasonal pokemon(and I liked the idea of seasonal pokemon) I don't want to have to wait so long. Then again, if they changed it every week, it would feel kind of odd, I guess.
I don't really have a good idea to make the seasons work for me, even though I like having them in theory...
I don't think you read that post correctly. In the 5th generation, seasons were on a four month cycle (as Bolt mentioned), where every season lasted one month. He is suggesting a four week cycle, meaning each season would last one week.

Nightingirle

Aspiring Trainer
Leaferian said:
Nightingirle said:
I don't think you read that post correctly. In the 5th generation, seasons were on a four month cycle (as Bolt mentioned), where every season lasted one month. He is suggesting a four week cycle, meaning each season would last one week.

Ah you're right, thanks for correcting me, I don't even know what I thought he said :/ I guess 4 week cycles would probably be the best balance between never seeing every season and an odd feeling because they change all the time :)

Leaferian

Blaze Reaper
No problem. I think I could go for a one-week-a-season system, actually, although it might be a little too short for some. Have to keep in mind the people who only have the weekend off to play and so on.