Xbox: A New Generation Revealed! Introducing the Xbox One!

I still have faith in Nintendo. Once they hit their stride I can see the Wii U and PS4 competing (PS4 will still come out on top though, most likely)... But the One? Let me just reiterate everything I've said previously to this in one word.

lol

I probably hate this system more than I ever hated the original XBox or XBox 360. Most of its features sound more like gimmicks than practical things for gameplay or...anything rather... >.<

SotS said:
I still have faith in Nintendo. Once they hit their stride I can see the Wii U and PS4 competing (PS4 will still come out on top though, most likely)... But the One? Let me just reiterate everything I've said previously to this in one word.

lol

I don't think the Wii U can really compete with the PS4 when PS4 gets all of the third party games. But I still think it'll do better than One.

Incinermyn said:
I probably hate this system more than I ever hated the original XBox or XBox 360. Most of its features sound more like gimmicks than practical things for gameplay or...anything rather... >.<

Most of it is just spending money. It's like that for the Xbox 360 too.

Gross exaggeration Teal, it was a play on the fact that you have to pay a fee to play a game on anyone else's profile, and a few other things.

You know what I like doing? Paying for a game only once.
You know what I love doing? Recommending and lening said game if I deem it worthy to friends.
You know what I'm sure they hate doing? Paying out of the ass to Microsoft.
And that's why PlayStation always wins.
I don't think Microsoft understands that this is America. It's called capitalism, not 'I'm going to try and stupidly control every single aspect of the market'-ism.

I'm about to make an animation about my disdain for this crap.

Bolt the Cat said:
SotS said:

lol

I don't think the Wii U can really compete with the PS4 when PS4 gets all of the third party games. But I still think it'll do better than One.

In my opinion, there is no such competition between the wii u and the Xbox one/ps 4. They are entirely different marketing models, the wii u being more of a family friendly/casual/fun/party(you name it) console and the Xbox and ps in their own multiplayer/high end tier. Game developers mostly(not always) either make pc/Xbox/playstation games or a wii game. There's almost no reason to buy an Xbox and a playstation, since most really big titles will be released for both(unless they are exclusives). (And yes, thats coming from someone who owns both consoles...)
However having an Xbox/ps and a wii makes perfect sense for many people, since the titles are extremely different.
And yes I think playing cod(or similar games) competitively on the wii is a joke, considering controls, graphics and online compatibility of the wii. I love the wii, but that's just not what it's been made for.

I'm really sad that the used game market is getting virtually destroyed by the next gen consoles...I usually wait to buy games used because I can't justify paying $60 at launch.The lack of backwards compatibly is disappointing but unsurprising, that seems to be a feature that is on its way out across the board (except for Nintendo). Even though I'm not a big Kinnect guy I like a lot of the motion control material they've shown so far. I hope the motion stuff is used creatively over gimmicky but I might be asking too much.

I won't make a final judgement until we have some game footage. I'll remain optimistic until then!

Nightingirle said:
In my opinion, there is no such competition between the wii u and the Xbox one/ps 4. They are entirely different marketing models, the wii u being more of a family friendly/casual/fun/party(you name it) console and the Xbox and ps in their own multiplayer/high end tier. Game developers mostly(not always) either make pc/Xbox/playstation games or a wii game. There's almost no reason to buy an Xbox and a playstation, since most really big titles will be released for both(unless they are exclusives). (And yes, thats coming from someone who owns both consoles...)
However having an Xbox/ps and a wii makes perfect sense for many people, since the titles are extremely different.
And yes I think playing cod(or similar games) competitively on the wii is a joke, considering controls, graphics and online compatibility of the wii. I love the wii, but that's just not what it's been made for.

In that sense, none of them are really competing. Microsoft has its own goals, which are even more different than Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft isn't really interested in gaming, they just wanted a do everything box to dominate your living room. Hence why the conference focused on TV more than gaming. At any rate, they're all competing for sales, and that's what matters more than the motives.

Bolt the Cat said:
Nightingirle said:

In that sense, none of them are really competing. Microsoft has its own goals, which are even more different than Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft isn't really interested in gaming, they just wanted a do everything box to dominate your living room. Hence why the conference focused on TV more than gaming. At any rate, they're all competing for sales, and that's what matters more than the motives.

It's true that Microsoft seems to have changed their goals/marketing for this console a lot compared to the 360 and I guess it's right that they probably won't be competing with Sony on the same level they used to.
However what I said was that the wii and the other both(and I'm mostly talking about the last/ current generation, because, who knows what the future ones will bring) are not competing for sales, because buying a wii(u) or buying an Xbox 360/ps 3 are two completely different things. Don't know a single person that needed to decide between buying a wii or an ps/Xbox, because normally people have a preference between a fun console and a high end one already and if they really like both they'll get both at some point.
Having an Xbox will make up for not having a playstation and vice versa, but having a wii u won't help you in the Xbox/playstation department. The wii u didn't have problems with their sales because people were subsidizing it with Xbox/ps, but because it was too expensive, didn't have enough big titles at release(still doesn't have most of the really great ones, or things that you cantbjust as well play on your old wii) and initially developers found it hard to develop for wii u and thus continued making wii games, even after the next gen console was released.

ME5Y8Xf.jpg
???

Nightingirle said:
It's true that Microsoft seems to have changed their goals/marketing for this console a lot compared to the 360 and I guess it's right that they probably won't be competing with Sony on the same level they used to.
However what I said was that the wii and the other both(and I'm mostly talking about the last/ current generation, because, who knows what the future ones will bring) are not competing for sales, because buying a wii(u) or buying an Xbox 360/ps 3 are two completely different things. Don't know a single person that needed to decide between buying a wii or an ps/Xbox, because normally people have a preference between a fun console and a high end one already and if they really like both they'll get both at some point.
Having an Xbox will make up for not having a playstation and vice versa, but having a wii u won't help you in the Xbox/playstation department. The wii u didn't have problems with their sales because people were subsidizing it with Xbox/ps, but because it was too expensive, didn't have enough big titles at release(still doesn't have most of the really great ones, or things that you cantbjust as well play on your old wii) and initially developers found it hard to develop for wii u and thus continued making wii games, even after the next gen console was released.

Not everyone is rich enough or interested enough to afford more than one console. It doesn't matter that one has a different business strategy than another, they're still going to be compared to all the same.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQq4__8jBrk[/video]

"do u really want to know"

"yis"

*ship teleports into bridge*

I don't even...what the hell is this game about?

Back