XY X / Y Box Art Subtly Reveals Legendaries Typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: X and Y Box Art

I think Xerneas will be Grass/Fairy and Yveltal Flying/Dragon

Yes, yes, I know omganother Dragon. Yveltal just looks kinda like a Dragon to me, and it would Balance the two out as Flying > Grass but Fairy > Dragon

I get that from Yveltal too. Anyone remember Darkrai? Or Absol? Dark-type Pokemon that are actually good.
Perhaps Yveltal will be like Darkrai or Giratina, misunderstood legendaries, thought of as bad but not "evil" in sense.

Ysmir said:
I get that from Yveltal too. Anyone remember Darkrai? Or Absol? Dark-type Pokemon that are actually good.
Perhaps Yveltal will be like Darkrai or Giratina, misunderstood legendaries, thought of as bad but not "evil" in sense.

Completely agree. He probably seems evil but has very good intentions. On another note I do not think he is a dragon. I also hope not.

I don't think he is a dragon either. If the speculation regarding Norse Mythos is correct, then he is based off of an Eagle. I know he looks strange to be a bird, but he's more bird than dragon to me.

RE: X/Y Box Art & Legendaries typing

I'm going to guess Xerneas and Fairy/Grass, and Yveltal is Dark/Flying.

On a slightly unrelated note, I enjoy this speculation ^_^

Thank you to whomever changed the thread name. Also based on the Norse base and also his eyes without pupils, I think he might be a ghost type. (Yveltal)

Rusty Sticks said:
On a slightly unrelated note, I enjoy this speculation ^_^

I know, isn't it fun. I often find that speculation is a nice way to keep yourself from feeling too anxious about information. Also it helps pass the time before October.

I feel like Xerneas is Fairy/Grass, while Yvetal is Dark/Fire. Then again, they could throw us for a loop like with Reshiram and Zekrom when 5th generation came out. Some people were convinced of a new light-type (yeah it's not a new thing to speculate on) or normal typing for Reshiram and a Dark or Ghost-type for Zekrom. The eye colors threw people off too because some thought they were a Water and Fire-type pair.

Xerneas is Blue, but has a grassy background on the box art. I wonder with some of the odd typings we're hearing about rumored to be in this generation if these legends would be something like Water/Grass and Electric/Fire. Anything's possible.

DrEspeon said:
Thank you to whomever changed the thread name. Also based on the Norse base and also his eyes without pupils, I think he might be a ghost type. (Yveltal)

So like a ghost/flying? or just ghost?
That's interesting though, because I don't think I've seen anyone bring that up yet.

Lol and yes, thank you for thread name change.

Thief said:
So like a ghost/flying? or just ghost?
That's interesting though, because I don't think I've seen anyone bring that up yet.

Ghost/Flying probably.

I don't see how the box art can give us a hint to the types of Xerneas and Yveltal (Black and White covers gave us no hints on Reshiram's and Zekrom's types, we were in the dark for ages), but I really do like the box art. (I was hoping for them to be holographic based on the original low-rez Corocoro scans, but this seems unlikely) I also like the main menu selection icons on the side, they look very nice and rainbowy.

As for types,
Xern= Electric/Psychic, and if faerie is real, I hope it's not, Electric/Faerie. It's its glowing parts that make me think electric, and that DNA is electrically charged. I don't see how everyone automatically assumes grass because it lives in a forest, it looks nothing like a grass type at all.
Yvel= Dark/Flying or Fighting/Flying or Ghost/Flying, I'll not sure which one, I am pretty sure that it will be one of those combinations.

I can totally see them being dark and fairy as primary types, which makes me wonder, with those two being kind of the typical good/evil pair, what could the third one be? I thought of some kind of serpent, (but then again raiquaza already was kind of serpent like) to form the letter z maybe? Or another fusion of both of them to have a good/evil hybrid(I didn't like the fusion thing too much...).
I'm still wondering how during how the whole DNA thing fits into that, I can't really see it that much in those two(yes I saw that skin tissue or whatever theory), maybe in yveltal, since it looks kind of like blood vessels and the colour of blood.
I guess my favourite typings would be fairy/grass for xerneas and dark/poison for yveltal.

Remember that Xerneas and Yveltal have been associated with the forest and sky in every depiction of them so far. That could have something to do with their mythological origins or the environments you find them in, not necessarily what their types are. And the box arts could be an extension of that.

Lugia was a Psychic/Flying type, despite being associated so heavily with the sea.

garbodorable said:
Remember that Xerneas and Yveltal have been associated with the forest and sky in every depiction of them so far. That could have something to do with their mythological origins or the environments you find them in, not necessarily what their types are. And the box arts could be an extension of that.

Lugia was a Psychic/Flying type, despite being associated so heavily with the sea.

Good point. I forgot about that. On the other hand, I don't really see that happening here.

I always got this feeling that Xernes was going to be part Steel type, he just looks kind of metallic with his really pointy feet.

As for Yvetal I'd be surprised if he wasn't Flying/Dark, he certainly looks like a dark type pokemon.

I don't think Yvental can be speculated as a Dark-type based on its boxart colors; I think the black (more of a dark blue really) color is there to contrast with the white/super light blue on X. Of course, Yveltal still looks like it could be a Dark-type based on its own appearance. But Zekrom was a suspected Dark-type for a while if I am not mistaken d:
The habitats might be more of a better indicator, but I still don't see anything about Xerneas that indicates it's part Grass-type. Every other Grass Pokemon, including dual types, has either been green, had a plant or fungus as part of its design, or both. Except for Mow Rotom, I suppose. Not saying they can't break that tradition, but Grass types have always been more restricted design-wise than some other types (like Steel, which has weirdos like Lucario and Mawile.)
The only thing I can say with any sort of confidence is that Yveltal will be part Flying type. And then maybe not; it might get Levitate instead, like Lati@s, Flygon, Hydreigon, etc.

frezgle said:
I don't think Yvental can be speculated as a Dark-type based on its boxart colors; I think the black (more of a dark blue really) color is there to contrast with the white/super light blue on X. Of course, Yveltal still looks like it could be a Dark-type based on its own appearance. But Zekrom was a suspected Dark-type for a while if I am not mistaken d:
The habitats might be more of a better indicator, but I still don't see anything about Xerneas that indicates it's part Grass-type. Every other Grass Pokemon, including dual types, has either been green, had a plant or fungus as part of its design, or both. Except for Mow Rotom, I suppose. Not saying they can't break that tradition, but Grass types have always been more restricted design-wise than some other types (like Steel, which has weirdos like Lucario and Mawile.)
The only thing I can say with any sort of confidence is that Yveltal will be part Flying type. And then maybe not; it might get Levitate instead, like Lati@s, Flygon, Hydreigon, etc.

But its base on a deer/stag which are generally Grass types (except Stantler). I don't see Nuzleaf or Shiftry being Grass types but they are. I believe Xerneas is Grass/Something but not Fairy in that case. Also the Lati@s, Flygon, Hydreigon is very different that in the case of Yveltal. Yveltal is much more aerodynamic and Flying high is important for the Pokemon.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
But its base on a deer/stag which are generally Grass types (except Stantler). I don't see Nuzleaf or Shiftry being Grass types but they are. I believe Xerneas is Grass/Something but not Fairy in that case. Also the Lati@s, Flygon, Hydreigon is very different that in the case of Yveltal. Yveltal is much more aerodynamic and Flying high is important for the Pokemon.

Nuzleaf and Shiftry both have leaves on them, as do Deerling/Sawsbuck (or flowers if it's Spring). Stantler's a deer that lives in forests aaaand it's not a Grass type because it doesn't have the same design elements of all other Grass types. Exactly like Xerneas. Remember, Lugia embodies the sea, but it's not a Water type.
Yveltal looks anything BUT aerodynamic to me since it's all flat like a piece of paper, but it's hard to see it as anything but Flying since that's all we've seen it doing, and it's physically flapping its wings to do so, something that Levitators either do very little or not at all. Like I said, I think it's likely part Flying.

frezgle said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:

Nuzleaf and Shiftry both have leaves on them, as do Deerling/Sawsbuck (or flowers if it's Spring). Stantler's a deer that lives in forests aaaand it's not a Grass type because it doesn't have the same design elements of all other Grass types. Exactly like Xerneas. Remember, Lugia embodies the sea, but it's not a Water type.
Yveltal looks anything BUT aerodynamic to me since it's all flat like a piece of paper, but it's hard to see it as anything but Flying since that's all we've seen it doing, and it's physically flapping its wings to do so, something that Levitators either do very little or not at all. Like I said, I think it's likely part Flying.
Thank you! I like how someone sees that Xern lives in a forest and is a deer, but doesn't automatically assume its a grass type, like you said, sometimes a Pokemon's habitat has nothing to do with type, that's why I think Xern will be Electric/something, on account of the glowing spots, which I think look like LEDs.

CyberCat5555 said:
frezgle said:
Thank you! I like how someone sees that Xern lives in a forest and is a deer, but doesn't automatically assume its a grass type, like you said, sometimes a Pokemon's habitat has nothing to do with type, that's why I think Xern will be Electric/something, on account of the glowing spots, which I think look like LEDs.

Personally I don't think it'd be electric. In RSE the legendaries had glowing patterns on their bodies, but that wasn't an Indicator that they had anything to do with anything unnatural (led). I just think that Xerneas could have some kind of multi DNA kinda thing going on. Like maybe it gives elements to the world? Like it helps the greens flourish and the water flow. (Idk) and Yveltal's design is very thin. As in his skin looks almost translucent in the trailer. Maybe he has something to do with either giving life or he is what allows organic creatures to grow.

Anyways, Xerneas's body and legs remind me of Dialga's designs. Making me think he could be part steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back