XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

I'd like to see a Dragon/Fairy chinese dragon, a Dragon/Steel wyvern, and a Dragon/Fighting european dragon for a minor-legendary trio.

btw, i just now realized the perfect advantagge/disadvantage thing. I chose for the wyvern to be steel because of the Egg Wyvern in Sonic '06, and then the type makes it fit perfectly! lol

FloodBadge said:
I'd like to see a Dragon/Fairy chinese dragon, a Dragon/Steel wyvern, and a Dragon/Fighting european dragon for a minor-legendary trio.

btw, i just now realized the perfect advantagge/disadvantage thing. I chose for the wyvern to be steel because of the Egg Wyvern in Sonic '06, and then the type makes it fit perfectly! lol

The Dragon/Fairy one would be so OP in comparison to the others. Has Immunity to Dragon and hits Dragons for Weakness.

I'd like to see a Water/Fire pokemon. Water/Fire pokemon would nicely be able to use Scald as it's signature move if it's a dual type move. Imagining a weak hp/offensive 'mon with a good selection of moves. A sea-serpent maybe? Eh. That sounds stupid, and a more aggressive pokemon than i'm imagining. Also sounds dragon.

It will be interesting to see how many novel type combinations there are / can fit in, as they already are introducing Fairy type.

Keeper of Night said:
FloodBadge said:

The Dragon/Fairy one would be so OP in comparison to the others. Has Immunity to Dragon and hits Dragons for Weakness.

"Honorbound" ability, making it so all immunities would be lifted from it. there yo go. Besides, think of Landorus and the other two kami. Landorus can use rock-type moves on both and is immune to thundurus, who can give tornadus the electric chair. i just now realized each trio had always had one with a disadvantage, or one with a complete advantage.

Growlithe is said to be a Shisa dog, but they could make something more aestheticly interesting.
It could be a fairy/fire type

First off, I just joined the Pokebeach forums (no idea why I haven't done it until now), so you'll be seeing more of me in the future. That's my introduction :)

Anyways, I had a genius idea this morning regarding Helioptile's evolution. The fact that it is Electric/Normal seems to be setting up something, right? Well, what about an Electric/Ice typing at final evolution? It makes sense, because lizards are cold blooded, and I don't think we have any Pokemon with this typing yet. This is something I'm sure would give it a better edge. Or maybe I'm wrong.

I would like to see a dandelion Pokemon, and for the electric rodent, I would like for it to be either a rabbit or a hamster :)

ShinyXatu said:
First off, I just joined the Pokebeach forums (no idea why I haven't done it until now), so you'll be seeing more of me in the future. That's my introduction :)

Anyways, I had a genius idea this morning regarding Helioptile's evolution. The fact that it is Electric/Normal seems to be setting up something, right? Well, what about an Electric/Ice typing at final evolution? It makes sense, because lizards are cold blooded, and I don't think we have any Pokemon with this typing yet. This is something I'm sure would give it a better edge. Or maybe I'm wrong.

It would be more likely to gain some fancy type if it didn't have a curious Normal as secondary at start.

And Rotom.

FloodBadge said:

This.

Though, Dragon/Steel has been done [not a wyvern, though], I think it's the only dragon type to not be 2x weak to Fairy due to type [?].

steffenka said:
I would like to see a dandelion Pokemon, and for the electric rodent, I would like for it to be either a rabbit or a hamster :)

Spr_5b_189.png

No love for Jumpluff? D:

If the Fairy type can cover cryptids, there needs to be a Dark/Fairy El Chupacabra Pokemon. And maybe also something based on the Flatwoods Monster; I think there is a lot of potential in its "canon" design.
tumblr_lrl457iD2y1qjz5p1.jpg

I'd like to see something like the wolves of element:

7b066a7374487dab9aff9b6c74db39b11227494742_full.jpg

The history of the Wolves of Element takes place much like many other stories of old. The gods of the elements and of the planet were fighting for survival against many enemies. The gods now being killed off one by one met in a council upon the planet. Each god possessed a different ability or element, the wolves being the highest sentient life forms upon the planet would also be allowed to send one representative to meet with this great council. The gods would talk of what to do with their powers before they were completely eradicated and could no longer watch over the planet but left their spirits to remain. The wolf representative would then speak up and say to the congregation of gods We the wolves could watch over the planet in your stead and take care of it how it was meant to be taken care of. Each god looking to the wolf would agree and begin calling upon the leaders of all packs and tribes in the wolven realm, giving each a power to be passed down through the generations. These powers would consist of each element that the remaining gods possessed: fire, ice, water, air, light, darkness, void, subatomic energy, earth, thunder/lightning, meteor, and metal. With the wolves now possessing these abilities and elements they would keep the bloodlines pure and only mate with wolves of the same bloodline as not to mix or affect the elemental attributes given to them to watch over the planet. These 12 original wolves would hold a council known only as the Council of Elements by outsiders and story tellers. This council meeting took place far from the reaches of each wolves own habitat. They would meet in a neutral region of the globe, so that no one element could be stronger than the other, to talk about future plans with each pack.

I could see them being mythical wolf creatures, thus being half fairy type and the other half another element, maybe they could evolve from a fairy typed wolf. I'd like a wolf pokemon that really looks wolffish in appearance... Of course they shouldn't make like 12 of them ;)
Many people also wanted a 'new eevee', so maybe something like that would work and they could even use the new fairy type?
Or they could make an evolution that's split twice, the I fist being a normal typed wolf puppy, the split up in fairy(as special, mythical and 'pure' power) and dark(as physical(note that originally the japanese dark type is called evil and is like a mischievous/dirty fighting type), raw and impure) adolescent wolves, with one glowing and showing off it's magical powers and the other one more realistic and carnal looking with rugged fur and chipped ears.
Then the fairy one could evolve into some of the 'special'/elemental types as a fairy/fire, water, electro (maybe pick two or something) hybrid and the dark one into dark/fighting, poison, steel(something he could naturally have tought himself without any special powers).
The only problem I'd see with that, is that the evolutionary line would(if you'd go with the second idea) take up at least 7 places, if you'd go 1-2-4 evolutions and if nobody liked them, they'd have waisted 7 pokemon at once, not like with evvee, where they gradually introduced more as the fans liked eevee. ( I also see how they'd be mammals again and some people would not like to see another long mammal evolution line)
Oh well, was just an idea, since I like eevee, but I think they could stop now...

frezgle said:
steffenka said:

Spr_5b_189.png

No love for Jumpluff? D:

I've always thought Jumpluff was somekind of cotton creature...
I hope Jumpluff can forgive me.... D:

Nightingirle said:

The history of the Wolves of Element takes place much like many other stories of old. The gods of the elements and of the planet were fighting for survival against many enemies. The gods now being killed off one by one met in a council upon the planet. Each god possessed a different ability or element, the wolves being the highest sentient life forms upon the planet would also be allowed to send one representative to meet with this great council. The gods would talk of what to do with their powers before they were completely eradicated and could no longer watch over the planet but left their spirits to remain. The wolf representative would then speak up and say to the congregation of gods We the wolves could watch over the planet in your stead and take care of it how it was meant to be taken care of. Each god looking to the wolf would agree and begin calling upon the leaders of all packs and tribes in the wolven realm, giving each a power to be passed down through the generations. These powers would consist of each element that the remaining gods possessed: fire, ice, water, air, light, darkness, void, subatomic energy, earth, thunder/lightning, meteor, and metal. With the wolves now possessing these abilities and elements they would keep the bloodlines pure and only mate with wolves of the same bloodline as not to mix or affect the elemental attributes given to them to watch over the planet. These 12 original wolves would hold a council known only as the Council of Elements by outsiders and story tellers. This council meeting took place far from the reaches of each wolves own habitat. They would meet in a neutral region of the globe, so that no one element could be stronger than the other, to talk about future plans with each pack.

I could see them being mythical wolf creatures, thus being half fairy type and the other half another element, maybe they could evolve from a fairy typed wolf. I'd like a wolf pokemon that really looks wolffish in appearance... Of course they shouldn't make like 12 of them ;)
Many people also wanted a 'new eevee', so maybe something like that would work and they could even use the new fairy type?
Or they could make an evolution that's split twice, the I fist being a normal typed wolf puppy, the split up in fairy(as special, mythical and 'pure' power) and dark(as physical(note that originally the japanese dark type is called evil and is like a mischievous/dirty fighting type), raw and impure) adolescent wolves, with one glowing and showing off it's magical powers and the other one more realistic and carnal looking with rugged fur and chipped ears.
Then the fairy one could evolve into some of the 'special'/elemental types as a fairy/fire, water, electro (maybe pick two or something) hybrid and the dark one into dark/fighting, poison, steel(something he could naturally have tought himself without any special powers).
The only problem I'd see with that, is that the evolutionary line would(if you'd go with the second idea) take up at least 7 places, if you'd go 1-2-4 evolutions and if nobody liked them, they'd have waisted 7 pokemon at once, not like with evvee, where they gradually introduced more as the fans liked eevee. ( I also see how they'd be mammals again and some people would not like to see another long mammal evolution line)
Oh well, was just an idea, since I like eevee, but I think they could stop now...

Honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture was Eevee. I know he's not a wolf, but don't you think that would be too similar?

I'd like to see a Dragon-type Eeveelution, I'm pretty curious at to what it'd look like. Also the wolf god thing sounds like Eevee's evolutions

Thief said:
Nightingirle said:

Honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture was Eevee. I know he's not a wolf, but don't you think that would be too similar?

I guess it would depend a lot on the design, eevee is very cute looking, so are it's evolutions, they could go for a more serious look, not cute and chubby, but more sleek and not that 'pretty', but I agree, even without eevee we have a lot of dogs, I just thought a wolf would be at least sort of new :D
I just want that wolf pokemon and tried to find ways to make it work, for an eevee like evolution tree I would actually prefer something that is not a mammal at all, maybe a reptile? Or something that pictures evolutionary theory/development of animals?

Maybe, instead of getting new, more fierces looking elemental wolves, just give the Eeveelutions new forms/evolutions. This could fill in the gaps that Eevee is missing in its eeveelutions as well.
i.e.
Umbreon could get a Dark/Poison form/evolution, this would not only explain why it "sweats poison" but would also satisfy the need for a Poison type Eeveelution.
I could see Leafeon becoming Grass/Dragon or Grass/Ground even, again, this would fill the roll of a Dragon or Ground Eeveelution without giving Eevee another entirely different evolution.

Keeper of Night said:
Maybe, instead of getting new, more fierces looking elemental wolves, just give the Eeveelutions new forms/evolutions. This could fill in the gaps that Eevee is missing in its eeveelutions as well.
i.e.
Umbreon could get a Dark/Poison form/evolution, this would not only explain why it "sweats poison" but would also satisfy the need for a Poison type Eeveelution.
I could see Leafeon becoming Grass/Dragon or Grass/Ground even, again, this would fill the roll of a Dragon or Ground Eeveelution without giving Eevee another entirely different evolution.

oho!
good one, Id rather see something along those lines than 17 eeveelutions tbh.

Dark/Poison (as keeper of night already explained)
Water/Dragon (it has the most "creature"-ish design already, and dragon features arent that far from fishtail/frill..)
Psychic/Ghost (the other "spiritual" type, better on this than any other)
Fire/Ground (idk, I always felt it has the most "sandy" look lol)
Ice/Rock (snowflakes, crystals, minerals, gemstones.. this would work the easiest without incorporating too strong "rock" features)
Fairy/Bug (add some fairy-wings and its as close as I can imagine any of them getting to "Bug"-like)
Electric/Steel (everything besides Leafeon has a more fitting option, and feels like a fitting combo anyway)
Grass/Fighting (its what was left....but hey, plants...life...energy...muscles..fighting? lol)

I left out Flying for obvious reasons.

Mitja said:
Grass/Fighting (its what was left....but hey, plants...life...energy...muscles..fighting? lol)

how ironic

Mitja said:
Keeper of Night said:
Dark/Poison (as keeper of night already explained)
Water/Dragon (it has the most "creature"-ish design already, and dragon features arent that far from fishtail/frill..)
Psychic/Ghost (the other "spiritual" type, better on this than any other)
Fire/Ground (idk, I always felt it has the most "sandy" look lol)
Ice/Rock (snowflakes, crystals, minerals, gemstones.. this would work the easiest without incorporating too strong "rock" features)
Fairy/Bug (add some fairy-wings and its as close as I can imagine any of them getting to "Bug"-like)
Electric/Steel (everything besides Leafeon has a more fitting option, and feels like a fitting combo anyway)

I left out Flying for obvious reasons.

I like those pairs and think it would work nicely. One question. What obvious reasons?

Seeing how pokemon evolutions in the 5th gen took quite a long way to evolve. Makes me wonder if they'll make previous pokemon evolve in the 6th gen. For example, Rapidish. Maybe they can make it evolve again around 55-65 into some sort of Pegasus. If the new type is Fairy, then maybe make it Fire/Fairy. Or People want it to keep its originality, then it could just stay a Fire Type. I think Fire/Flying would work fine too. ^_^.

Back