Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
TheLostZone said:
I watched Keep Calm and Flutter On With Vulpix Yolk and Juukmilk. I don't think I wanted to watch this but I did so here is my synopsis. Also I watched the whole thing with this song on repeat

I was really confused why Discord was crying in the beginning. Everything was a winter wonderland and it was really weird. It then showed beavers destroying a damn to clear apple sonas farm. good fun for the family when they made it back to Fluttershy's house where rainbow boosh fought out of submission from those candles (kind of a turn on). they exited on a red carpet to (for fun reasons) walk home. Discord continued to try and be friend his crush (fluttershy) by spinning her house. He was really tired so decided to lie down on the sofa and "chillax". This is where it got really weird and dishonest (due to the mane 6 being funky). They used there gypsy powers given to them from friend ship and celestia. rainbows stared descending from twilight sparkle and went around charecters such as pinkie pie. It ended with them encasing discord in gypsy concrete. Everyone then cheered as celestia rode in on a sleigh and flew towards discord.

My thoughts:
This episode was really aimed towards turning people on. (Lot of butt close ups from rainboosh dash and fluttershy) It was really cute though. I think?

Really mean that they screwed discord over in the end as he is now encased in gypsy concrete.

Overall a decent episode, it showed how the mane 6 can be really cruel at times.

I like discord.

LOL at backwards synopsis. And speaking of Mane 6 cruelty,

anyone else think that everyone was being too manipulative in this episode? I mean, first Fluttershy taunts Spike with the gem to get him to babysit Angel, then Spike goes around extorting the rest of the Mane 6 for more gems, and then as he runs around trying to fix things, everyone else wants his gems.

Zenith

||||
I thought the episode was pretty decent! lots of good gags, I always like seeing the pets (and I guess Peewee went back to his parents????) and the Cutie Mark Crusader's role in the episode was amusing and cute. but yeah, everyone being very manipulative in this episode was a little silly and kind of annoying. a solid B episode in my book. is Games Ponies Play next?

Blui

lv85 paladin
Spike was just like EA in this episode. Get all the profit, do none of the work

I liked this episode, its way better than the other Spike episode and the CMC were amazing.

Zenith

||||
yeah, thinking about it, this is the first Spike episode I've really liked.

also, I just remembered how absolutely precious Rainbow Dash was in this episode. especially when she was saying goodbye to Tank asdfghjkl;;;;

TheLostZone

boy boy boyo
Hey guys I saw the new episode willingly :) also to this song

Synopsis
Really confused why instead of an actual episode it was a crossover of the hasbro show My Littlest Pet Shop. Cool episode

mY THOUGHTA:

Cool steampunk turtle
great city

I really love this show now.

juunkmilk

3nd coming
i watched it with the "lost zone"
i really like watching where
gummy
ended up the whole episode
in the dog's mouth
LOL

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I had pretty low expectations for this episode, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was good.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This is sort of old news, but apparently Japan is finally getting MLP. Oh snap.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/mlp-invasion-of-japan-confirmed.html

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
so guys

Twilight has been confirmed for wings! Do you guys think this is gonna be permanent? I'm thinking the wings are gonna be temporary. It's kinda hard to imagine Twilight running around with wings doing stuff with her friends.

Zenith

||||
people are way too worked up over this. like...I don't even understand why people are so angry. I really don't.

Cobalt Phoenix

Best Kappa
Alaska said:
http://boards.4chan.org/mlp/
GUYS EVERYONE GO HERE. YOU JUST. NEED TO.

I don't see the big deal. "Oh noez 4chan thinks the fandom is dying whatever shall we doooooz..." We do what we always do when something dies, we move on. Big bloody whoop-dee-do. Anyway, sure 4chan is the birthplace of the Brony fandom, but just because Twilight sprouts wings for no reason, doesn't mean the series is over. It's just we wait until Season Four.

Basically, keep calm everypony.

Alaska

formerly princemeat skarmheart
Cobalt said:
Alaska said:
http://boards.4chan.org/mlp/
GUYS EVERYONE GO HERE. YOU JUST. NEED TO.

I don't see the big deal. "Oh noez 4chan thinks the fandom is dying whatever shall we doooooz..." We do what we always do when something dies, we move on. Big bloody whoop-dee-do. Anyway, sure 4chan is the birthplace of the Brony fandom, but just because Twilight sprouts wings for no reason, doesn't mean the series is over. It's just we wait until Season Four.

my point is "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" and classical music

Cobalt Phoenix

Best Kappa
Alaska said:
Cobalt said:

my point is "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" and classical music

I get that. My point is, why does the "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" and the annoying classical musical need to exist? Yes, it's funny, but peeps on 4chan/bronies as a whole need to calm the heck down.

bacon

!!!!!
Twilight hasn't been a central character for quite some time now, I don't think her becoming an Alicorn is actually going to change the dynamic of the show too much. I care as much about this as I would about, say, RD becoming a fully fledged member of the Wonder Bolts. It's cool, but not a big deal.

I wouldn't even mind FiM ending here. No, really. Alicorn Twilight is a great closure to MLP and it'd be refreshing and noble for the producers to end on a high, as opposed to milking the show for all it's worth and subsequently ending on a bitter note. God forbid MLP contracts Simpsons Syndrome.

There's also room for a CMC spin-off, too. ; )

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Well, we already know season four was greenlit, so no end of pony just yet!

I still think the wings are just a plot device. She'll probably spend the entire episode with wings and then realize at the end that you can be a princess without actually being a princess or something and just ditch the wings so she doesn't have to leave her friends in Ponyville behind.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Presumably because since she's a princess, she'll be expected to do some royal duties or whatever and just not have time for her buds

Also I keep forgetting that this coronation and the cutie mark mix-up are the same episode. I am struggling to see how they could be connected. Maybe in the process of writing her own magic, she decides to make herself like Celestia just as sort of a personal indulgence??? That would explain the princess part and the wings. Maybe she needs Celestia-level magical powers to fix the problem and becoming an alicorn princess is the only way to acquire said power.

I dunno. All I know is that I welcome winged Twilight, whether it's a permanent change or just one episode.