• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crobat/Scolipede Poison Deck -- Boundaries Crossed & Plasma Gale

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
Pokémon: 16
3x Zubat (Plasma Gale) --- Has not been revealed
1x Golbat (Plasma Gale)
3x Crobat (Plasma Gale)
3x Venipede (Boundaries Crossed)
1x Whirlipede (Boundaries Crossed)
3x Scolipede (Boundaries Crossed)
2x Sigilyph (Dragons Exalted)

Trainers: 30
3x Virbank City Gym (Boundaries Crossed)
3x Rare Candy
4x N
4x Colress (Plasma Gale)
2x Switch
3x Pokémon Catcher
2x Random Receiver
1x Computer Search (Boundaries Crossed)
2x Level Ball
3x Pokémon Communication
3x Poison Hypnotic Beam (Plasma Gale)

Energy: 14
4x DCE
10x Psychic

(((Click the names of the Pokémon and Trainers in light-blue for a link to what they do!)))

Aside from drawing up to three extra cards from the Crobats every turn...

With Virbank City Gym out, any time you attack the entire Scolipede line you're taking 30 damage in-between turns, and if Crobat attacked you're taking 60 in-between turns. If you're not poisoned, Poison Hypnotic Beam makes you poisoned and maybe paralyzed.

Scolipede can do 120 with Venoshock if you're poisoned (with an additional 60 damage happening in-between both turns for 180 off of one attack), and Crobat can dish out 40 with an additional 120 damage happening in-between both turns from poison (for 160 off of one attack). Sigilyph is obviously used for anti Mewtwo EX (and other EX's like Darkrai, Terrakion, Zekrom, etc).

I know two Stage 2's are hard to pull off in the super-fast meta that exists right now, and we don't get Plasma Gale until about January, but I love the cards that have been revealed so far for it and this deck sounds nasty in my opinion! Colress helps get the deck going pretty quickly, and Pokémon Communication and Level Ball should help get Pokémon out a lot faster.

What do you guys think?

eXecrass

Don't try this at home
First, sorry for the "necropost" but since Plasma Gale is near I found this deck kind of interesting.

I believe dbgoldberg won't see this, but I want to know what people think about the decklist.

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
Of course I'll see the reply! :D

I put a lot of effort into this deck and I was looking for people's thoughts about it since I posted it. I like the deck a lot obviously and I plan on building it assuming Plasma Storm includes Virbank Gym since Boundaries Crossed did not (for whatever reason).

Thanks for the reply and I hope to hear more on this deck from you guys! :)

eXecrass

Don't try this at home
Oh it's great to hear about you.

I was discussing some days ago about this with my friends and they though it will be a nice idea adding +2 Switches. I suppose that Scolipede (Retreat Cost = 4) will be the "tank" but if the enemy doesn't want to attack you and you don't get any Hypnotoxic Lasers, you can Switch quickly to Crobat (RC = 0), do some nasty things with him and take Scolipede back the next turn.

Also, you have to think about Garbodor Decks, if people on your area plan to play this, you must have some Tool Scrappers near.

Mora

Don't Panic
Needs Mewtwo. (Doesn't everything?)

You have to load up energies on your main attacker, all of your Pokemon have a Weakness to it, and you already use the Double Colorless.

Also needs moar Supporters

-2 Colress
-1 Poison Hypnotic Beam <--- This MAY be entirely redundant since you already have two Pokemon that poison
-1 Virbank City Gym

+2 Juniper
+2 Skyla

Very interesting, though. I like how if your opponent can't retreat (rarely because of Darkrai and Keldeo) you can do 160 with what was intended to be a Bench-sitter.

MMAmonchan

Pokemon = Dota2
Another though that scares me is the fact that you have two stage 2s in this deck. Seems inconsistant regardless of how you do it. I believe the crobat can be a force in the upcoming format. However i think some colorless attackers like Tornadus EX, Mewtwo, or maybe even Registeel EX could be great. They soften up the others for the Crobat/Virbank KO... going into your turn.

ryter78

Actually a Ditto in disguise
i love how this deck looks.
like MAmonchan said you might need some other pokemon to help you set up efficiently.
Also what Mora said, skyla and junipers can save the day

ashtavakra

Overlord
Just my opinion, but I would poison, then retreat next turn to Mewtwo.
Scoliopede is just too much in this deck,
I really think a crobat/mewtwo would work wonders and is more versatile and potential for more quicker damage.

eXecrass

Don't try this at home
I prefer Cheren over Juniper in this deck, you can't waste any of the cards, all are useful in all situations and it's better recycling than throwing them, because you have no way to recover.

I think it's enough with this deck speed: Full bench + Colress, Cheren, Crobat's ability.

EDIT PD: For the Mewtwo lovers. A wise man said: "Don't start a Mewtwo fight to lose it"
This deck has Sigilyph. It's enough to crush Mewtwo and all EX. If you fight against a psychic deck, you have your own deck that counter as well.

ashtavakra

Overlord
eXecrass said:
I prefer Cheren over Juniper in this deck, you can't waste any of the cards, all are useful in all situations and it's better recycling than throwing them, because you have no way to recover.

I think it's enough with this deck speed: Full bench + Colress, Cheren, Crobat's ability.

EDIT PD: For the Mewtwo lovers. A wise man said: "Don't start a Mewtwo fight to lose it"
This deck has Sigilyph. It's enough to crush Mewtwo and all EX. If you fight against a psychic deck, you have your own deck that counter as well.

I was using Mewtwo as a reference.
4 energies and having 2 stage 2's in a deck is unrealistic in this format.
maybe a fun deck that you whip out every once in a while at a league or friends house.
but i was trying to be more realistic in the fact that he would need a better 2nd attack(er)
than scoleopede.

Mora

Don't Panic
eXecrass said:

2 different Stage 2's, few Supporters to begin with. Juniper is what this deck needs. Maybe not four, but two with 2 Random Receiver should be fine. And I wouldn't count on having a full Bench early unless you have Emolga (which this list does not).

And I personally don't apprieciate the lack of creativity that comes with throughing Mewtwo into any deck that uses Double Colorless either, but here, I think it's needed. You have a specific Weakness to Mewtwo, and I think Mewtwo is the best Mewtwo counter for this deck. Sigikyph doesn't OHKO Mewtwo unless it has four enegies on it, which it won't because it doesn't need to. You can KO Mewtwo with Hypnotoxic Laser and just a DCE. Crobat can't OHKO Mewtwo because your opponent can very easily retreat out of poison