Pokemon R/S/E Remake Hints Discussion

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Just realized... When a sequel/New game, same region is released, it often times has a new forme/legendary.

BW2 - Black + White kyurem

Platinum - Girtatina origin

Emerald: Rayquaza

Odd...

That's nothing new, they always make sure they have an extra mascot legend to use for 3rd games/sequels (except 2nd gen when they first started using legendaries as mascot legends, they didn't think about that when they were creating the 2nd gen Pokemon).

Sarcasm aside, I actually really would love for an RSE remake.

The 3rd gen was probably hands down the best, and most entertaining generation of Pokémon.

These remakes have been long awaited and I think all fans would go cray over them.

Can someone explain to me what the big deal about these games are? Why are people always suspecting or requesting remakes?

AnUnown said:
Can someone explain to me what the big deal about these games are? Why are people always suspecting or requesting remakes?

It's mainly nostalgia and a feeling of entitlement since RBY and GSC have been remade themselves.

Bolt the Cat said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
Fame checker reintroduced in BW2

Fame Checker was in neither RSE nor BW2, the only game it ever appeared in was FRLG.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
On that note: Tornadus - Green (Rayquaza)
Thunderus - Blue (Kyogre)
Landorus - Brown (Groudon)

The colors don't quite match up. If Tornadus were Red and Landorus were Green, then maybe, but otherwise it's not significant enough.

So far all this topic has proved is that some RSE fans will do anything to convince themselves that remakes are coming.

is there ever a time where you're not flaming

I loved Generation 3. Lots of people like to undermine how much R/S/E expanded the games. The teams were....ok but the whole idea behind Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza was quite entertaining.

See, this is part of why it's a good idea to wait until 6th gen for RS remakes. Wouldn't you rather see Hoenn remade with the same awesome 3D graphics that you see in X and Y than with 5th gen graphics?

I think there's still a huge possibility for RSE remakes.

During the announcement made today, only SOME of our old Gen. Pokemon are available in the new X/Y versions. This is probably due to the new graphics and gameplay. You can't just use the old 2D sprites like you use to.

I think RSE will be remade in 3D and allow for older gen Pokemon to be traded to the new X/Y. Just a speculation. :)

theducktamer said:
I think there's still a huge possibility for RSE remakes.

During the announcement made today, only SOME of our old Gen. Pokemon are available in the new X/Y versions. This is probably due to the new graphics and gameplay. You can't just use the old 2D sprites like you use to.

I think RSE will be remade in 3D and allow for older gen Pokemon to be traded to the new X/Y. Just a speculation. :)

Most likely. The more Pokemon they make, the harder it is to fit them all in and the more they need to rely on other games to help complete the National Dex. If they do intend to remake RS, they can probably focus more on including 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen Pokemon into XY's regional dex.

I'm really doubting the possibility of an RSE remake at this point, but you never know.

I feel like they had to make FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver because RGBY and GSC were not compatible with the newer games. Since you can still get Pokemon from RSE fairly easily, I don't feel it's as big a hassle.

Shining Raikou said:
I'm really doubting the possibility of an RSE remake at this point, but you never know.

I feel like they had to make FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver because RGBY and GSC were not compatible with the newer games. Since you can still get Pokemon from RSE fairly easily, I don't feel it's as big a hassle.

It's getting to the point where you won't be able to anymore. The only way you can migrate Pokemon from 3rd gen is if you have a DS phat or DS Lite models, both of which aren't produced anymore and will likely be completely gone in the next year or two. With Pokemon finally moving to the 3DS, 3rd gen games won't be compatible anymore and will be far enough out of date to justify a remake.

Shining Raikou said:

Yeah. Well at least in the conventional sense of what is known as "remakes", I just don't see that happening after HGSS.

I wouldn't rule out some more creative way of bringing old regions back to life or sequels for the newer games when they become old.

I'm a huge, huge fan of Hoenn, my favorite region. (Sinnoh's the least favorite region, ugh) However, I do NOT want remakes, remakes doesn't make it interesting, but a sequel might. I love BW2 sequels, in fact, it's so fricking much better than boring remakes. Think about it, possibly new leaders....the "paris region" pokemon might show up in Hoenn, and so on.

The truth is that the old pattern of Pokemon games has changed. We now have BW2, which are sequels. We also now have X&Y which aren't even colors! (Although arguably, the gems weren't either.)
I think it's likely that we could see a game re-visit Hoenn in the future, but I don't think there will be a direct plot remake of gen3.

Metalizard said:
lool, I'mma laugh so hard at this thread tomorrow, it won't even be funny... I don't even have to answer to the points, Mitja already did that job very well...

@HeatRotom...: You're being sarcastic about the logos, aren't you? Otherwise...
Yeah, I was. I was trying to imply that people on this thread would take any simple coincidence and stretch/distort it to make it seem like R/S will be remade. :p

However, I do believe we haven't seen the last of Hoenn. Maybe the R/S plot, but not Hoenn.

Am I the only one who's even more excited to see RS remakes after seeing what XY looks like? Hoenn in 3D would be completely Arceus tier.

I don't see why they would not make one. After all, the GBA gave Red and Green a facelift. The DS gave Gold and Silver that same treatment. Now the 3DS should do the same for Ruby and Sapphire.

There's a lot of negativity for a remake and that's because it's a lot of people's least favorite generation. It is for me too. However I mostly didn't like it for the horrible GBA speakers and the way most of the pokemon looked. I do want to see a remake because I do want to hear what the music should have sounded like now that they have the technology. As for the pokemon, as long as they include new ones, give the ability to trade with the DS, or have a transfer program open before the Elite 4 I can live with it. If not, I'll probably just Action Replay it so that way Cyndaquil will be my starter. :p

MrSquarepants said:
I don't see why they would not make one. After all, the GBA gave Red and Green a facelift. The DS gave Gold and Silver that same treatment. Now the 3DS should do the same for Ruby and Sapphire.

There's a lot of negativity for a remake and that's because it's a lot of people's least favorite generation. It is for me too. However I mostly didn't like it for the horrible GBA speakers and the way most of the pokemon looked. I do want to see a remake because I do want to hear what the music should have sounded like now that they have the technology. As for the pokemon, as long as they include new ones, give the ability to trade with the DS, or have a transfer program open before the Elite 4 I can live with it. If not, I'll probably just Action Replay it so that way Cyndaquil will be my starter. :p

I think another thing that turned people off to 3rd gen was the feeling that a lot of their favorite Pokemon and features from 2nd gen were removed from the series. Improvements like Day/Night were removed, these games were the first and so far only games to deny backwards compatibility with past gen games forcing people to catch and train all of their Pokemon all over again, and how in RS a lot of old favorites were removed and were treated as if they never existed, there's no mention of any sort of National Dex or the ability to catch National Dex Pokemon until you actually trade with another 3rd gen game. At any rate, all of these things are problems specifically with the originals and not the remakes, so there's no problem here.

Bolt the Cat said:
MrSquarepants said:

I think another thing that turned people off to 3rd gen was the feeling that a lot of their favorite Pokemon and features from 2nd gen were removed from the series. Improvements like Day/Night were removed, these games were the first and so far only games to deny backwards compatibility with past gen games forcing people to catch and train all of their Pokemon all over again, and how in RS a lot of old favorites were removed and were treated as if they never existed, there's no mention of any sort of National Dex or the ability to catch National Dex Pokemon until you actually trade with another 3rd gen game. At any rate, all of these things are problems specifically with the originals and not the remakes, so there's no problem here.

Everyone hates gen 3. Except me. It is greatest gen.

Realization: Before announcement, everyone wanted a RSE remake.Very few wanted gen 6. Now gen 6 is out there, there is a small amount of lovers of RSE and want remakes, and lots of them excited for gen 6.

Back