League 2012-2013 Prizes

Blui

lv85 paladin
Hello everyone! The prizes for the 2012-2013 have been announced!

As you participate in league events, you'll use this card to keep track of your league matches. If you play in enough matches and track them on your scorecard, you'll earn special TCG online code cards! And, if you meet more specific goals you can even earn exclusive Unova themed awards, including this badge case and a special badge for each season!
2013_badgecase_3dfront.png

2013_badgecase_inside.png

Full Article
Discuss what you think!

(I think that this really cool, we finally have gotten an actual badge-case! So awesome!)

Whoa!! That is absolutely amazing!
Getting code cards alone would me very happy, but this Badge case looks really awesome! It'd be great to have a completed one.

Just ordered my Badge case. It will supposedly get here for the Virbank Gym season... Now I just need to work on completing it :D

On a semi-related note, does anyone know what the challenges for the new Gyms are?

Badge Case is a good way to keep track of all of them. xD

I wonder if the pre-existing badges are the same as the new ones?

Hmm, so this will be the first time we have a Badge Case to go with our League! Do people who buy it get exclusive rewards??

PumpedAaron said:
Hmm, so this will be the first time we have a Badge Case to go with our League! Do people who buy it get exclusive rewards??

I don't know if you can buy the badge case, but if you log onto pokemon.com, you can order it.

So they are making regular badges again?
Last time I got a badge (And the only time), it was a badge in a badge.
It was a shield-shaped one with the picture of the badge inside. I'm pretty sure you guys know what I mean. It's this.

o0Flint0o said:
So they are making regular badges again?
Last time I got a badge (And the only time), it was a badge in a badge.
It was a shield-shaped one with the picture of the badge inside. I'm pretty sure you guys know what I mean. It's this.

From what I've seen and heard, the badges will actually be "cut out", not images on another shape

These're actually really cool. I don't have a league where I live, but a friend of mine just passed the Professor test and he's working hard to get us one.
I doubt I'll be able to get any of these badges but they're pretty wicked.

On the bright side it's better than what Wizards and Hasbro are doing with Kaijudo in regards to their League Badges. Yes that's right Kaijudo is copying off of Pokemon!

Yeah, this all seems cool. I ordered 10-players worth of junk for the brand new league I started at my local store, because we're going to have 10 players, but Pokémon only wants to send me 5-players worth of stuff. I just sent them an email and asked what I'm supposed to tell the other 5 players. Good f-in times. This isn't the first time Pokémon has done this.

Akamu54 said:
On the top it looks like storage for two 3DS games...

That's what it is, but it can also hold regular DS games, because the 3DS games are the cartridge with a little thingy sticking out :p

I still would've prefered League Promos over a stupid Badge Case and new Gym Badges, the reason why is because it reduces the cost of how much you pay for them and so far the main card that needs to be made into a League Promo (or in this case should've been) was Pokemon Catcher.

Beggars can't be choosers... -___-

Akamu54 said:
On the top it looks like storage for two 3DS games...

Oh wow, I didn't notice this, that just makes it perfect.

I really hope people end up selling theirs, I don't to end up playing and driving an hour there and back again just to get this completed.

(If they even reward them out outside of American on top of that, in fact)

Slinger makes a very good point by the way! I'm quite disheartened that I won't get glittery Promo's as prizes for emerging victoriously over the League Rounds! TPCi is supposedly making up for this by awarding special TCG Online Code Cards but.... phoo boy, I SURE hope PTCG Online becomes awesome later on!

I mainly see PTCGO just like how every TCG has theirs, use it as a tool to playtest decks for upcoming sanctioned tournaments and events. That's really what the Online format does is to help you playtest decks for other formats...

If you're going to playtest online, use PlayTCG so you and your opponent have a complete cardpool. Another advantage to using PlayTCG is that if you pair yourself against a random opponent, they most likely won't be playing a bad deck; 9 times out of 10, they are playtesting too.

Back