Shady sales from card selling site...

RE: Was I scammed out of a great deal?

That's really poor business.

I definitely wouldn't order from them again.

RE: Was I scammed out of a great deal?

Vast said:
That's really poor business.

I definitely wouldn't order from them again.

Yes I should stay away, but I did indeed buy four FA N for $9.99 a piece. They have not refunded me yet and they are still available on the site. They go for the lowest on ebay @ $18.00 so I figured I had nothing to lose. =)

I should stay away.

Orders more.

I find that a tad funny in the most ironic sense possible haha. I definitely can't blame you though. As long as you don't truly "lose" anything why not try? However I really would buy somewhere else as if they DO pull anything funny on your newest order all you've done is helped their business in it's current state. Which basically just tells them it's okay. Fooled once their's not much you can do about it, fooled twice, well there's no one to blame but yourself. Fooled thrice then you've got an issue with backing off when you should. xD

This post has gone in about three different directions in a single paragraph. Woo grammar.

Haha, like what everyone else was saying, I tried to buy something from them to. It was 20 (too much?) Max Potion for $3.78... I got a refund yesterday after placing the order on the 4th. Now they're $7.99 each.....

My law knowledge isn't especially in depth, but in NZ under the fair trading act you can't hold out to have a fair supply or products at X price if you in fact don't have them.

D.N.A said:
My law knowledge isn't especially in depth, but in NZ under the fair trading act you can't hold out to have a fair supply or products at X price if you in fact don't have them.

So you can not backorder?

Sorry could you could me an example?

If you were to advertise a sale where your major selling item was a particular item, and you didn't disclose that you only had three of them in stock, you could be found to be breaching the act.

Ok so I received the final email from Jeff at Pokezorworld.com. Here is the email, starting from the start to the finish. The first one is after I found out they relisted the FA Terrakion at a higher price after the refund.

Hello I was browsing pokezorworld and was curious of how many FA Terrakions you had available. I need quite a few and was wondering how many you had so I can order that certain amount. Do you have more than 4 available?

Thanks.

Hi Alton,
We have three in stock at present.
Jeff Have a GREAT DAY!

Hello Jeff,

I ordered 3 FA Terrakion at $9.99 for one single on 23AUG2012 and the next day I was refunded the amount reason being "sold out cards". They were listed on your site pokezorworld.com as "SOLD OUT" right after. A day later they are back in stock for $29.99 for a single card. I think this is low and not fair of you to not take initiative to update your prices. I would like my order sent for the price that I intially payed for them. I have ordered other cards from your card site and I do so because the prices are great. If you are unaware of what I am talking about I can provide all the Paypal reciepts if needed.

-Mark

Hi Alton,
Sorry for the slow reply. Computor problems. What is is what is. Happens every once and awhile. Sorry!
Jeff
Have a GREAT DAY!

All I can do is lol... I was also refunded the N FA. I am pretty sure the prices will spike soon...

Yeah, those are some super shady business practices.

For the person who quoted the definition of "Scam", yes, this is indeed a scam. To those who are stating that this practice is "legal", you're right, but you've missed the point entirely.

This is a "scam" because they are luring you into the site and into sales based on false pretenses. Their "gain" in this process is extra sales and traffic where there originally might have been none. Is it really that hard to understand?

You browse the internet for deals on Pokémon singles, arrive at their site because they're offering crazy low prices on cards, and so you make a purchase. If you ordered multiple items, you get the regular priced stuff while being "refunded" for their lower-priced but higher-value cards. This practice means you've bought cards from their store that you might have bought elsewhere (possibly for less money too) and haven't gotten the deals on the higher-value cards you originally came there for in the first place.

Their ridiculous response of "too bad" really irritates me and I will certainly tell everyone in my league (and anyone else for that matter) to avoid Pokezorworld like the plague.

I can only hope these people go out of business, but a best-case scenario would be folding due to legal action taken against them for false advertising.

For those that missed it, pkolaboy DID IN FACT catch them in the act as shown by his emails.

dbgoldberg323 said:
I will certainly tell everyone in my league (and anyone else for that matter) to avoid Pokezorworld like the plague.

The only thing you said I agree with.

omahanime said:
The only thing you said I agree with.

And you're entitled to disagree with the rest of what I said, because you're allowed to have a differing opinion. But if you think for a second that they're not trying to pull a fast one on unsuspecting customers, you're flat wrong instead.

dbgoldberg323 said:
And you're entitled to disagree with the rest of what I said, because you're allowed to have a differing opinion. But if you think for a second that they're not trying to pull a fast one on unsuspecting customers, you're flat wrong instead.

No, I am not.

Here is what I think is happening.

1) Opens boxes gets 5 cards
2) Does not know desirability of cards, lists cards at $9.99
3) Gets orders for 6 cards.
4) Wants to restock card, does not want to open more boxes.
5) Offers $4.99 to buy your copy, nobody sells.
6) Cancels all old orders. Knows old price is wrong, but is correct price?
7) Offers $14.99 to buy your copy, people get interested
8) List cards at $29.99, because he still has bills to pay, and needs to sell the newly bought cards. Still does not know if price is correct.

I can present the following facts:
There are only a handful of complaints at PokéBeach about them, and there is hundreds about T&T card condition. That leads me to say either they are not doing very much business, and will be gone. Or pkolaboy was the exception to the rule. Things happen.

John Wooden said:
If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything.

omahanime said:
No, I am not.

Here is what I think is happening.

1) Opens boxes gets 5 cards
2) Does not know desirability of cards, lists cards at $9.99
3) Gets orders for 6 cards.
4) Wants to restock card, does not want to open more boxes.
5) Offers $4.99 to buy your copy, nobody sells.
6) Cancels all old orders. Knows old price is wrong, but is correct price?
7) Offers $14.99 to buy your copy, people get interested
8) List cards at $29.99, because he still has bills to pay, and needs to sell the newly bought cards. Still does not know if price is correct.

I can present the following facts:
There are only a handful of complaints at PokéBeach about them, and there is hundreds about T&T card condition. That leads me to say either they are not doing very much business, and will be gone. Or pkolaboy was the exception to the rule. Things happen.

There can be many differant outcomes to the problem here. This being on the positive side, which every situation deserves. I honestly think Jeff doesn't get a lot of sales in general and does not update the pricing. If you take a look at the Next Destinies singles that are for sale, the Mewtwo FA is $80.00. Sounds like the price when Mewtwo was the most expensive. My friend also tried to order some cards and they refunded him and hiked up the prices of those cards.

pkolaboy said:
There can be many differant outcomes to the problem here. This being on the positive side, which every situation deserves. I honestly think Jeff doesn't get a lot of sales in general and does not update the pricing. If you take a look at the Next Destinies singles that are for sale, the Mewtwo FA is $80.00. Sounds like the price when Mewtwo was the most expensive. My friend also tried to order some cards and they refunded him and hiked up the prices of those cards.

omahanime said:
That leads me to say either they are not doing very much business, and will be gone.

It sounds like a basement operation. Holding on to the high price of card can lead to big losses, when that card's sales die off.

Back