• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekrom/Eelektrik/Raikou EX/Rayquaza EX

Diet

In a dilemma
Hi everyone!
I decided to make an Eelektrik deck; any help greatly appreciated.

Pokemon: 17
4x Tynamo (2 TWave 2 Spark)
3x Eelektrik (Dynamotor)
2x Zekrom (BW)
1x Zekrom EX
2x Mewtwo EX
2x Rayquaza EX
2x Raikou EX

T/S/S: 29
4x Professor Juniper
4x N
3x Bianca
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Ultra Ball
2x Level Ball
2x Max Potion
3x Switch
2x Super Rod
2x Skyarrow Bridge

Energy: 15
8x Lightning Energy
3x Fire Energy
3x Double Colorless Energy

I'm a bit concerned about the supporter count. You may want to consider a higher amount. The energy look fine, you could take out a DCE if you wanted though.

Thanks! For supporters, I generally found this line working well, or adding a Bianca. Any other necessary edits?

Diet said:
Thanks! For supporters, I generally found this line working well, or adding a Bianca. Any other necessary edits?

It's just my opinion but I think your supporter and energy counts are perfectly fine. However, I do and don't like certain cards for this deck.

4-3 Eelektrik
I'm honestly a fan of 4-4 if you're going to run it at all. It's the point of these kinds of decks and what if one ends up in the prizes? You'll be running the deck off of two until then. Again, I think you should always run 4-4 for Eelektrik.

2x Mewtwo EX
I know, I know, people are always going to recommend Mewtwo for anti-Mewtwo wars, and it really is a good card, but if you focus on the electric Pokémon and setting it all up, I think things will run more smoothly. Rayquaza EX can sweep Mewtwos all day.

2x Switch
In this deck, I imagine you will want 3-4 to allow you to really take advantage of Dynamotor. Slapping up to 4 electric energy on a nasty benched Pokémon and then switching to make it your active really makes the deck quite brutal.

So, here are my suggestions overall:
+1 Eelektrik
+1 Switch
-2 Mewtwo EX

After you get over the shock value of someone suggesting NOT running Mewtwo EX lol, try the deck with this small change, and see what you think!

I like emolga, you can have two or three eelektriks in T2 very easy, and i think you need another switch

Hmm, I'll take out 1 Mewtwo EX, but it works so well for me I just have to keep one. :3
Personally I dont really like Emolga in this deck. =/
I'll try -1 DCE +1 Mewtwo EX. I like to have 2-3 Mewtwo EX in Zekrom/Eelektrik because it works really nicely.

Diet said:
Hmm, I'll take out 1 Mewtwo EX, but it works so well for me I just have to keep one. :3
Diet said:
I'll try -1 DCE +1 Mewtwo EX. I like to have 2-3 Mewtwo EX in Zekrom/Eelektrik because it works really nicely.

...so which are you deciding on then? If you drop the one DCE and the one Mewtwo EX you can add two switch, or a switch and an Eelektrik.

you would need shiny raywuaza to kinda donk. but its coming out in a box -dragon selection.

Back