PTCGO Problem

Daddy

Follow Me On Twitter @robby_weidemann
Is this happening to anyone else when you load the website??

This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at http://www.pokemontcg.com/download has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

alainster

Aspiring Trainer
it's working now. you have to download the client when you hit play on the site. I got mine downloaded already since I've been playing for a couple days (against the AI) before they underwent maintenance so I only needed to update my patch. though for some reason it's a bit laggy atm..

pkolaboy

Tyranitar be taunting'
It is a lot faster to just uninstall the old prgm and redownload the new one. Before, when I tried to open it would automatically try to update and it took forever. So I cancelled it then uninstalled PTCGO and downloaded the new software. =)

Predeta470

Aspiring Trainer
I have opened some packs of Dragons Exalted and I can't even see the cards. When I open the packs they don't have the cards, just a whole bunch of symbols. Does anyone have/had this problem? And can you tell me how to fix it? D;

pkolaboy

Tyranitar be taunting'
Predeta470 said:
I have opened some packs of Dragons Exalted and I can't even see the cards. When I open the packs they don't have the cards, just a whole bunch of symbols. Does anyone have/had this problem? And can you tell me how to fix it? D;

I am pretty sure it's just the value? for the card (not what it's worth lol). When the bug is fixed, your cards that you pulled will still be there. You just have to play ISPY, or Where's Waldo. =P

King Piplup

Aspiring Trainer
Predeta470 said:

Your computer isn't resolving the code correctly. A variety of things could cause this, among them being the age of your CPU. (Not necessarily the Operating System, but the age of the components inside)

When you go to your collection, do the cards show up correctly there?

jigglysama

Aspiring Trainer
Funny, my friends and get the same problem as Predeta470. We can see the collection, but not the content of the packs when opened...

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
jigglysama said:
Funny, my friends and get the same problem as Predeta470. We can see the collection, but not the content of the packs when opened...

My little cousin seems to have this problem. Once I visit him, I'll try to check it out for myself. One additional problem he has is whenever he uses Mareep's "Static Electricity", the game pretty much freezes up for him preventing him from adding energies no matter how many times he clicks them. Is that also the case with you?

Pope

Aspiring Trainer
Gah... I am sick of some of the bugs and the ways in which some people abuse them.

Just played against a Darkrai/Mewtwo deck that was running 4 of the Rescue Scarfs.... This bug is becoming more popular and needs fixing now.
For those who don't know, using a rescue scarf on PTCGO returns the KO'd Pokémon to your hand without the loss of a prize. Basically I was getting 0 prizes when I should have been getting 2.

Not the first time I have run across this bug, but its the first time I have against a serious deck. It's getting to the point where I am needing to look at running Rescue Scarf myself just to even the battle out.

pkolaboy

Tyranitar be taunting'
Pope said:
Gah... I am sick of some of the bugs and the ways in which some people abuse them.

Just played against a Darkrai/Mewtwo deck that was running 4 of the Rescue Scarfs.... This bug is becoming more popular and needs fixing now.
For those who don't know, using a rescue scarf on PTCGO returns the KO'd Pokémon to your hand without the loss of a prize. Basically I was getting 0 prizes when I should have been getting 2.

Not the first time I have run across this bug, but its the first time I have against a serious deck. It's getting to the point where I am needing to look at running Rescue Scarf myself just to even the battle out.

My friend also speculated about an opponent that used four Rescue Scarfs in a deck that didn't need them (What Darkrai/Mewtwo deck utilizes Rescue Scarf, really?). Do people really want to win that bad to make themselves feel all better on the inside? It is funny how players still use them, knowing there is a glitch.

-On another note, Garchomp's Dragon Blade is also glitched. Discarding a special energy off of your bench poke if there is not one on your active poke.

This thread should be renamed,"PTCGO Glitches". That way players who find newly discovered glitches can report them, also when glitches are fixed. Then, nobody would, knowingly, make a deck made of four Rescue Scarfs.

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
Well, it looks like Rescue Scarf has been fixed. I faced a Mewtwo who kept getting scarfed but I took prizes each time I knocked him out.

pkolaboy

Tyranitar be taunting'
ForeignDude said:
Well, it looks like Rescue Scarf has been fixed. I faced a Mewtwo who kept getting scarfed but I took prizes each time I knocked him out.

Oh the feeling of victory!

Pope

Aspiring Trainer
ForeignDude said:

That's great. I have to admit that I sent a bug report to the support centre. I guess I was not the only one. It was an annoying glitch and I am glad I don't have to resort to using it to make the game fair.

superstarxalien169

Spriter Newb.
PTCGO Installer Problem

Well...

I have a problem where I can't install the game itself. It says the installer isn't valid. I have a Windows 7 x32/x82 bit version.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: PTCGO Installer Problem

You could have posted in http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-ptcgo-problem

Pope

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone else having random instances where after playing a card nothing happens?

For example, I just played a Cheren and the card stayed in my hand and nothing happened. I could still blow the cards up to read them, look at my discard pile, and that of my opponents, but the Cheren never played. Nor could I actually do anything but look at cards in the various zones...

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.