Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Max Pro

• KMC

• Total voters

juandavidzl

Manectric
Hey, I'm going to buy some sleeves, have you ever heard of Max pro sleeves? what do you think of those or what do you recommend for me?

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I haven't heard of those. I personally like Ultra Pros. They're cheap and you can use them over and over. I recently ordered Ultra Pro Mattes and Player's Choice so I'll be able to see what those are like in the next week or so.

J

Juliacoolo

Certain gaming stores have high quality hand-made sleeves. They cost over 50 cents per sleeve but will last you for years.

I don't use them for decks, rather for collectibles.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Secret Pikachu said:
That's pretty crazy! I am very impressed with the sleeves that I bought thus far. Can't wait to get a few more decks going so I can sleeve them too :D.

I know. As often as I get cards that is how long they lasted for me. Remember this was back in 2004 when I last got a binder holders and sleeves XD. That is pretty good as I have over 3,300 cards XD Only about 4 away from 3,400 cards XD.:)

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
I've become a really big fan of the ultra pro pro matte sleeves. I collect the world championship decks and sleeves are a necessity with those if you don't want to wreck cards shuffling. Ultra Pro pro matte sleeves are also really nice because I do a good amount of recording and they don't have glare issues like KMC and Dragonshield do (both still really good products).

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
The only problem is with Ultra Pro is that they are very hard to find. I was lucky for awhile and my smoke shop in Canada had them but now that I am back in the U.S.A. no one has them anywhere XD. Not sure if Wal Mart or Fred Meyer carry sleeves at all. I know they have binders and holders but have not seen any sleeves though.:)

MDL

Formerly Roronoa Zoro
Bought Dragon Shield sleeves and they are awesome! None of them was miscut and they are very nice to shuffle, but there were only 94 Sleeves in the box instead of 100.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
They might be cutting corners and dropping 6 of them so you have to pay more XD.:)

Project_Fedora

Poke Hat Collector
From what I've used for Sleeves in Magic, Naruto, Duel Masters and Pokemon:

1. Umbreon/Espeon Offical POP sleeves I won From Jwitzz's Contest:
These sleeves were really well built, but only after a couple months they started peeling up, and the artwork faded on them so I can't use them in tournaments anymore.

2. Ultrapro:
Whenever I get a new pack of sleeves, I'll probably pick up 2 Packs of 50 of this, they're really good, having the texture on the back is easy to tell when they're shuffled and because the texture dulls them they don't glare for matches

3. Max Pro: I liked these for my Charizard Deck but my big gripe with them is that the back is transparent, so if a card has a big creece on the back, or a gash its super noticable, after a couple months they start tearing so I would only suggest these is if you need a cheap set of sleeves for replacement for a tournament and/or all of your cards are in near mint condition

4. Player's Choice: These are very well built, but I don't recommend any light colors, they attract dust like flies

5. Dragonshield: Same as Player's Choice

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
If you guys think about it sleeves are for protection of your cards and not for use in TCG play. They are made to protect your most precious cards. If you want to play TCG by 2 theme decks of the same kind. Meaning the exact same type of deck then use the boosters you buy as if you get doubles. If you get a double then use one for collecting and use the 2nd one for TCG this way you can have a full safe deck and one to destroy overtime XD.:)