RE: The Legend of Korra

I remember when they first announced this. I'm glad they've been doing good so far with it, and I hope it stays good.

I hope this is good, I liked the Last Airbender cartoon. I and two of my teachers watched the entire Last Airbender cartoon series in the same summer.

I like how instead of keeping the more rural background from the first series they made the mane setting has evolved using (from what I think) fire bender technology. Like air blimps, cars, etc...

I'm very glad they are making a sequel to avatar the last airbender. I loved that show. I haven't been able to watch these new episodes yet though. Hopefully I can find some time soon =)

I like the show so far, but I feel like the plotline is being horribly rushed along. I mean, they could've waited a few episodes before actually revealing the leader of the Equalists and even more so his power to take a bender's abilities away permanently. Also, Korra's character seems flawed in a bad way... Personally, I'd have thought that if she's already gotten three of the bending disciplines mastered, she'd have learn to be a little more level-headed and calculating than she really is. But those are just my thoughts... Excellent show, nonetheless, though.

Wow this show is overhyped. The plot is definitely feeling rushed. I'd prefer to see Korra get a few more lessons in air bending. I want to see Korra go through an arc in that respect. Why? She is THE most annoying character I have seen in a while. She's pretty much naruto. Don't believe me? She is the "chosen one" who inherently has great power, but has to hone her power, but she really doesn't want to. Like Naruto, she is an adventurous-go-getter that doesn't take no for an answer. I think what annoys me most about her is her voice. Everything she says has a snobbiness to it that really bothers me. Even in her "smart" or "emotional" scenes, I can't help but feel she's a brat. She's eventually going to grow as a character, but we should see her grow. She's a national sensation... we should at least know her feelings about being so famous.

The second major problem is the "humour". That being that there is none. There are definitely scenes that they WANT to be humourous, but they often come off as annoying and bothersome. The guy with the arrow on his head's children are all three unnecessary. The deadpan calm one can stay, but the other two are annoying and detract from the show as a whole. Were they really necessary? It is easy to tell which scenes are supposed to be funny because those are the scenes that just don't fit. The show would be better as a whole if they put in more meat and less "comedy".

I have a few other complaints about the series, but those are mostly nitpicks. For a chlidren's animated show, Korra is way above standards, but when compared to most anime (this is anime-esque afterall), Korra is only okay. Most of the characters have this annoying thing that they do: talk. With the exception of the guy with the arrow and Amon, all of the characters' voices and dialogue are fairly annoying.

the first series took a while to find its feet too (don't believe me? "The Great Divide". that is all). I'm hoping Korra gets better with time; it's pretty good now but it has loads more potential. some character development for Korra would be nice, but I actually like her right now, which I guess puts me in the minority?

thinking about it, I'd argue that the first series didn't go from "good" to "excellent" until the first season finale. while I'm hoping this shouldn't take quite as long now that the writers are more experienced, I'd advise those who are skeptical to just relax and wait a bit.

I think the show is being rushed because it's only a mini-series that's going to last around 1/3 or 1/2 of "The Last Airbender"'s runtime.

Riskbreakers said:
I think the show is being rushed because it's only a mini-series that's going to last around 1/3 or 1/2 of "The Last Airbender"'s runtime.

Sadly, I see that happening too. I mean, it's only been a few episodes and she's had direct encounter with the villian twice or more. Also, there should've been stronger "backbuilding" to Korra and Tenzen's histories. Even Aang had a decent backstory to how he ended up in the iceberg at the beginning of the first series, and now that his son is involved with Korra's training, there should've been some elaboration about what Aang was like towards the end of his life through the eyes of a younger Tenzen.

Also she already knows water fire and earth bending so what is left? She learns airbending and then fights the villain? I dont think they put full potential in making this because its not as good as the last airbender

I agree that the show feels rushed and would like more character development for Korra in addition to seeing more air-bending lessons. But, we should remember that only 4 episodes have aired so far, and two seasons have been confirmed. There's still plenty of time for the show to improve. That's like judging the entire first series on the first four (slow) episodes.

I've watched all the episodes that have come out so far. I like the show but i am curious on how they are going to make two seasons. Once Korra defeats the villain where is the plot going to go? In the last airbender, Aang didn't defeat Ozai until the last season. That series was awesome so I bet the legend of korra will be too. I can't wait for the next episode to come out! :D

They might extend the defeat of Amon until the end of the series.

I wish I could watch this, but I don't get Nickelodeon. I must have watched all three Avatar at least three times on Netflix though. Is there a good place to watch Legend of Korra online?

I would recommend watching it on the Nick website. They constantly update the episodes section a few days after they air.

I don't have Nick either. I usually watch it on watchcartoononline.com . They add the, really quickly - sometimes four hours afterwards!

I didn't notice there was already a thread for this. I'm just too lazy to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen to check..eheh...sorry. ^^"
DUN HATE MEH!)
...sorry about that. I just won't rest until i'm sure there's no problem.

Anyway, I just started watching this FINALLY, got hooked, and here we are! Love it so much. It's amazing! I don't know what kind of crazy force was keeping me from watching this before but I am now.
Bolin is my favorite, so Borra all the way!
EDIT: I actually like Korra a lot too, Zenith. Minority rules I guess.
And, having never seen The Last Airbender, if it's better than this, I've got to watch it. The voice acting was superb imo, especially for Korra. I never liked characters like her, but I for some reason REALLY like Korra. I hated Naruto, and really didn't like Luffy either but for some reason I just really like Korra.
/me ignores Zero's nitpicks.
I loved Tenzen's kids. Especially Meelo. It's like you know their character already, and, despite Zero's review, I think they add a little pleasent comic relief to the show or something of the like. I couldn't imagine the show without them!

Back