Ban Mewtwo EX?

Blui129 said:
Still I also think this is not ban worthy, give X-Ball a energy cost of 0 then it's ban worthy :p
Not that I have any intent of joining this thread, but I found this comment funny. The card would actually be less oppressive because it would prevent Mewtwo wars. Just sayin' ;)

My 2 cents: TPCi should not care about the price of cards. We, the players, made Mewtwo EX expensive. Supply and demand. Mewtwo EX is very good, but not broken beyond belief. Decks are winning without Mewtwo, so the card isn't overly oppressive. Banning the card would be stupid overall... setting such a strong precident is never a good idea.

Blui129 said:
Wait, there couldn't be riots, why? Because we spent all our money on these and have none for basic riot weapons (eg. crowbar, sledge hammer etc.)
Still I also think this is not ban worthy, give X-Ball a energy cost of 0 then it's ban worthy :p

If X ball needed 0 energies, why attach a DCE. Pointless. Lol at first part.

DecaDang said:
If X Ball was 0 Energy and still did the same thing it'd take longer to KO things...

It would still take the same amount of energy to do the same amount of damage, it would just make it easier to attacker/return with.

Jirachi said:
I don't think the price should be a reason to dislike it. What if you had like 2-3 mewtwos? I think then you would be saying otherwise. The card itself is good but some of you think it should be banned because of its price.

Don't you mean price and accessibility? I agree with 27th_wonder in that the game literally has become where Mewtwo is elitist in nature and it dictates the format in a way depending on how many you can afford cause it can make a huge difference in a game where If you're not running enough Mewtwo compared to how many your opponent runs you'll lose badly.

Well, yeah. Most people need money to have it since its a lot less common and accessible than others so... If you know what I'm saying.

We probably wouldn't be having this discussion If TPCi never enforced a change in the 1st Turn Rules and nerfed Rare Candy to a point where Stage 2's are completely unplayable in this format. That would of given Stage 2 decks a better chance to keep powerful Basics like Mewtwo EX in check much like Machamp SF did against SP's in MD-On with Take Out.

One of the reasons why FlyChamp (Flygon/Machamp) was Tier 1 or 2 in MD-On was because of how it managed to keep SP's in check and the big SP decks at the time were LuxChomp, Plox, DialgaChomp, and Lady Gaga If I'm missing one. Without it the format would've been overrun with Basics like the situation we're in right now. I know I've argued with Otaku over at the Gym about the changes made starting with BW Base Set however...

He thought that Rare Candy was already a broken card when it's only been the cornerstone of making Stage 2's playable in tournaments in the first place with the way it was worded pre-errata, there was nothing broken about Rare Candy at all and a wrong doesn't make a right. Now Stage 2's are only as good as the League Decks played at the Casual tables with kids and other players alike and I find this very disappointing.

Flashforward Post-Dark Explorers, people are probably going to start saying how
Dark Patch is broken with Junk Arm/Ultra Ball in Dark Toolbox, how Darkrai EX will be the death of Durant instead of Heatmor, or how Tornadus EX can do 60 damage on T1 with Skyarrow making decks like Messie Mew unplayable which didn't do well at States at all. I definitely see it giving ZekEels problems somewhat, Catcher up a Tynamo and donk for 60 almost every turn. That's just busted... -___-

^ First off, if the opponent playing Tornadus EX is using it against ZekEels, either they are real desperate or they have no idea how to play the matchup.Thundurs pluspower die Tornadus EX w/o eviolite. Same for Zekrom, no pluspowers though. If you want to do lots of damage T1, wouldn't they use Regular Tornadus. Duh 80 damage no EX rule and charges up benched guy. EZ.
Otherwise, I agree with you. One deck you are forgetting is RogueChomp Trolololololol jk. Yeah, without the Rule change, Emboar T1? Magnezone+Emboar T1? Crazy. The format would be psycho with random hard hitting stage 2's running around rampant. I still would have loved the old rule though....

i mean throw one of those in any deck, when a mew 2 battle starts, throw it up there and stall till you have enough power to attack to win.....

You guys are forgetting that by the time Sigilyph BW5 is released, Mewtwo EX will have much less of an impact on the metagame than it does currently.

Raikou EX, Darkrai EX, and Rayquaza EX are all going to be widely played and they all give Mewtwo EX a certain degree of trouble.

But Sigilyph gets hammered by anything non-EX anyway, like Thundurus, Tornadus, Zekrom, or whatever else will be a popular attacker by the time BW5 roles around for us.

EliGagerNorris said:
You guys are forgetting that by the time Sigilyph BW5 is released, Mewtwo EX will have much less of an impact on the metagame than it does currently.

Raikou EX, Darkrai EX, and Rayquaza EX are all going to be widely played and they all give Mewtwo EX a certain degree of trouble.

But Sigilyph gets hammered by anything non-EX anyway, like Thundurus, Tornadus, Zekrom, or whatever else will be a popular attacker by the time BW5 roles around for us.

Sigilyph and Rayquaza EX won't be around for a while mate. Raikou will hurt this badly.

Zero said:
Not that I have any intent of joining this thread, but I found this comment funny. The card would actually be less oppressive because it would prevent Mewtwo wars. Just sayin' ;)

My 2 cents: TPCi should not care about the price of cards. We, the players, made Mewtwo EX expensive. Supply and demand. Mewtwo EX is very good, but not broken beyond belief. Decks are winning without Mewtwo, so the card isn't overly oppressive. Banning the card would be stupid overall... setting such a strong precident is never a good idea.
0 cost for X-Ball. Bam! Chandelure. Think aboot it. (I felt like saying aboot rather than about :p)

I realize that, just pointing out that by the time Sigilyph BW5 is viable as a Mewtwo counter, Mewtwo won't be the monster it is now.

EliGagerNorris said:
I realize that, just pointing out that by the time Sigilyph BW5 is viable as a Mewtwo counter, Mewtwo won't be the monster it is now.

Sigilyph wont be a viable Mewtwo counter, no matter how widely Mewtwo is played.

alexmf2 said:
Sigilyph wont be a viable Mewtwo counter, no matter how widely Mewtwo is played.

Agreed. It would work in some decks, like 6 Corners, but it wouldn't be better than Mewtwo itself.

I worded that wrong. What I meant was that by the time Sigilyph is released, Mewtwo won't be the monster it is now...

Well where also forgeting the new drifblim, 1 {C} and you can do 50 times the number of special energies discarded, this is something else that may wined up being a decent M2 revenge killer, goes well with remodeling hammer...of course this big old balloon wont have much effect on any thing else but i'm pretty sure it may be utilized in some form of deck, as for sigilyph im sure its going to be a wildly used card none the less what with threats like rayquaza, Raikou, ect coming out, and you cant forget mew-EX any thing that dishes out around 100 damage for a low energy cost with Mew-EX takes M2 down a peg. there's going to be various things coming that's going to hammer the meta pretty hard and shape it in a whole new way.

If you ask me what really needs to be banned or limited is eels, and i say this only because I'm sick of seeing reports where there's about 60~70 eel decks at states and just as many CMT.

Also M2 wont have a main deck for him self any more, once celebi is gone, CMT is destroyed. I believe the rotation is whats going to shape the new meta in different ways and will most likely be what kills off a good amount of M2's playability .

Xintetsu1021 said:
If you ask me what really needs to be banned or limited is eels, and i say this only because I'm sick of seeing reports where there's about 60~70 eel decks at states and just as many CMT.

So? That's a poor excuse to ban or limit something that's been proven successful yet Eelektrik in ZekEels doesn't unbalance the format at all at least compared to Junk Arm and Mewtwo.

Everyone is looking forward to BW-On myself included, HGSS-On was good at first but then the power creep from the BW sets came along and with the HGSS sets pretty much ruined the format in a way. For the love of God give us EX's for Stage 2's at least, instead of more power creep for Basics as proven evident in our next 2 sets.

I really don't like how games in Pokemon TCG are now decided by whoever goes 1st. It's like every deck is played like SableDonk from last format and with that new First or Fast Ticket card that makes it even worse but I see it as a waste of a deck slot. Either way you look at it the Pokemon TCG is already turning into Yu-Gi-Oh! without the Forbidden/Limited List from 2003.

Back