3DS Discussion Thread

Has anyone purchased Kid Icarus Uprising? Is it as awesome as it looks?

PMJ said:
I have purchased said game and I honestly do think it's as awesome as it looks. The controls take some time getting used to but once you play for a decent amount of time and get all the basics down, the combat is really quite fun. Story mode has been good so far. I kind of have the feeling it's not going to be very long but I'll find out I guess. Also the in-game dialogue can be somewhat humorous at times which is never a bad thing in my opinion. :I

I've been doing a lot of the online multiplayer mode which, to be honest, isn't all that great but it gives me something other than story to play and keeps me busy for a couple hours. While playing though I start to feel like, "why am I doing this?" because the only rewards you get for playing online is more weapons and power ups which means there's not a real sense of accomplishment after winning a match.

So yeah, not sure whether you wanted any kind of details on it or you just wanted, "good game, yes or no?" but that's my opinion on it so far and if you're looking for a new 3DS game then I think Kid Icarus is worth your $40.

Yeah, I was asking whether or not it's worth forty bucks. It it something I can get a lot of hours on? I like a good game as much as the next person, but at forty dollars I want something that's gonna keep me busy for a long time.

I got kid icarus uprising..... its totally worth $40.... story line is fun and my only complaint is that it goes on forever :p (i beat it already) and online is great.

PMJ said:

It's more awesome than it looks.

PMJ said:
Yeah, I was asking whether or not it's worth forty bucks. It it something I can get a lot of hours on? I like a good game as much as the next person, but at forty dollars I want something that's gonna keep me busy for a long time.

It's seem the reviewers are saying that there's a lot of replay value. I can't vouch for it yet, so they might just be talking about getting more and better weapons.

It's definitely worth $40. Just ask dmaster:

dmaster said:
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Recently picked this up yesterday and I am absolutely HOOKED. The constant stream of unlockables, changing difficulty levels, superb graphics, sound, and action. Extremely fun and the replay value alone will make the $40 you spent feel like you spent a penny for the game.

But Best Buy currently has it for $30.

Just finished Kid Icarus. My oh my that was a great game. I loved the dialogues and characters. The game was kinda tough for me so I did a majority of levels from 2.0 to 2.9 intensity. :p

The game is so massive that the price tag really becomes a non issue. Like Afro-G said, the controls also become second hand after playing around with it for a while. I would highly recommend it.

dmaster out.

So, I'm not sure if this has been asked or not but how do you get pink puzzle pieces for the puzzle swap in the Mii Plaza? I've had my 3DS since Christmas and the only Pink pieces I have received are from streetpassing people. I finally got one SpotPass yesterday for the celebration of the Birthday for the 3DS but that's the only time I got my own piece not via StreetPass. Can anyone tell me how it works?

Sleeping Snorlax said:
So, I'm not sure if this has been asked or not but how do you get pink puzzle pieces for the puzzle swap in the Mii Plaza? I've had my 3DS since Christmas and the only Pink pieces I have received are from streetpassing people. I finally got one SpotPass yesterday for the celebration of the Birthday for the 3DS but that's the only time I got my own piece not via StreetPass. Can anyone tell me how it works?

From what I know, the only ways to get pink pieces are either Streetpassing or a Spotpass from an event. (like the Regie one from 2 days ago)

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
From what I know, the only ways to get pink pieces are either Streetpassing or a Spotpass from an event. (like the Regie one from 2 days ago)

Oh ok.. Well that sucks. I have all but like 8 pink pieces left to finish all current puzzles. Guess I'll keep trying to StreetPass people.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Oh ok.. Well that sucks. I have all but like 8 pink pieces left to finish all current puzzles. Guess I'll keep trying to StreetPass people.

Try going to an anime convention! I've gotten atleast 20+ Spotpasses at each one I've been to since the 3DS was released!

Or go to a Pokemon TCG event like Nationals, Worlds, etc. I got maybe around 100 Street Passes at Worlds this last year and completed all the puzzles that were available at the time.

dmaster out.

Can anyone recommend Pokemon Rumble Blast? My friend said he tried it when he was on vacation a while ago and said it was really fun and I simply must get it.

Having played the Pokemon Rumble demo, I agree it _was_ kinda fun, but I never purchased the full version simply because I didn't think it'd be worth $15.

With a $35 price tag, and an inability to pirate it, I'm curious as to whether or not the sequel (is it even a sequel?) is a good buy.

As far as I can say, Its a pretty great game. I only borrowed it from a friend. I don't think thats enough to recommend it though.

PMJ: Easily one of the very best 3DS games so far, and in my opinion one of the best Pokémon games ever!

And no, it's not a sequel to Pokémon Rumble (kinda hard to make a sequel to a game that basically had no plot). It's more like a... perfected version. A simple yet interesting plot, fantastic music, all 717 Pokémon... it's just amazing!

PMJ said:
Can anyone recommend Pokemon Rumble Blast? My friend said he tried it when he was on vacation a while ago and said it was really fun and I simply must get it.

Having played the Pokemon Rumble demo, I agree it _was_ kinda fun, but I never purchased the full version simply because I didn't think it'd be worth $15.

With a $35 price tag, and an inability to pirate it, I'm curious as to whether or not the sequel (is it even a sequel?) is a good buy.
PRB is a highly pointless spinoff. You'd be better off playing the original Rumble. It'll save you money, and all you're really missing is 5th gen Pokemon. The game is a mindless button masher... it is only fun for about 10 minutes at a time. Just get Kid Icarus... far better game in longevity and overall fun. KI will last you a long time... picking up "puzzle pieces", completing the single player, and owning at the surprisingly fun Multiplayer will definitely be worthy of your money. Pokemon Rumble Blast will waste your time and money. While I don't usually recommend it, look at the metacritic for the game. EVEN Nintendo power, the most Nintendo-bias'd reviewer, gave the game a bland score. Overall, PRB is a really bad spin-off to a series that is notorious for having really bad spinoffs. EVEN RANGER is more fun than PRB... (please do not blame me for any subsequent broken screens based on you buying ranger). Don't waste your time/money.

yes PRB is fun but there are better games (the final boss is a key and after that.... it kinda isn't as fun anymore)

I also have my own question, every day my sister, brother, and I would connect via streetpass only about a month ago no matter how hard we tried it my sister and I couldn't connect. Her wireless light is on and so is mne (plus I can still connect to my bro) so what could the problem be?

The Pikachu Mafia said:
I also have my own question, every day my sister, brother, and I would connect via streetpass only about a month ago no matter how hard we tried it my sister and I couldn't connect. Her wireless light is on and so is mne (plus I can still connect to my bro) so what could the problem be?

Like the guy before me said, it just doesn't work sometimes. Also, make sure you haven't already passed within the last 6 hours. Another thing to make sure you do is make sure you don't have any DSi games playing or any non 3DS game/DLC playing for that matter. You can't streetpass while these are the active program even in sleep mode. One more thing I can recommend is make sure both of you don't have anyone already at the gate in the Mii Plaza. Good luck.

okay I looked at her 3ds and apparently she hasn't checked it in awhile because there was 10 people there :/ I took them out so hopefully it will work now ^^

Back