BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

Alan

No Items. Not Ever.
RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Of course, you're totally ignoring the fact that the background music is COMPLETELY different, and the battle scene is also a different color. (I think that battle music has only been played at the T2 in Worlds VGC, and nowhere else ever.)

I have seen videos from various VGC matches at Worlds, and they all have that white background. If they weren't played at Worlds, only the default battle background is shown.

I know someone who has one of those videos on his DS; the next time I see him, I will ask him how he got it. Thanks anyway for the link, though.

I think I remeber reading on bulbapedia that the song also plays when you face the last trainer in the Wi-Fi train. I think its rank 5 but Im not sure, might be 10.

As for a worlds match, I had one dl'd a long time ago but I deleted it. One guy had a mienshao and something and the other guy had thunderus and something. It got into red health so for a long time its the low health music.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Regarding my question...I fixed it (somehow). Apparently my PokeDex was having an issue since one of the Pokemon I got from the GTS was modded.

To fix it all I did was go to the PokeTransfer building, allow them to freak out that I had all 8 badges, and then walk out the building. Global Link works fine now.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member

I think I remeber reading on bulbapedia that the song also plays when you face the last trainer in the Wi-Fi train. I think its rank 5 but Im not sure, might be 10.
Ah right, it plays during the fight against the Rank 5 trainer. I should probably go there and test my mettle so I can just get a vid there myself :p

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

ISB said:
Regarding my question...I fixed it (somehow). Apparently my PokeDex was having an issue since one of the Pokemon I got from the GTS was modded.

To fix it all I did was go to the PokeTransfer building, allow them to freak out that I had all 8 badges, and then walk out the building. Global Link works fine now.

Hmm that's odd XD. Glad that is fixed Yeah GTS can be annoying XD.:)

Alan

No Items. Not Ever.

Ah right, it plays during the fight against the Rank 5 trainer. I should probably go there and test my mettle so I can just get a vid there myself :p

Don't count on it. After rank 1 everyone who plays srs gets stuck more often bc everyone is using good teams. getting past rank 2 is hard-ish. Ive only gotten to like the 5th train rank 2. But Im not the greatest. A lot of Hyper Offense in the train, since its the easiest way to get through it and the teams get registered or something.

DNA

Advanced Member

I didn't say it would be easy, did I?
I know Hyper Offense is the most common. I will give careful consideration to what team I bring in. However, I've noticed that Ferrothorn seems to do quite nicely against a lot of things...but I'll see.

Infinity

Soccer Mom

I'm trying to get a Scraggy with Drain Punch and Dragon Dance. I bread my Scraggy with a Fraxure and got Dragon Dance. I tried to breed the Scraggy with Dragon Dance with a Mienfoo with Drain punch but I got Drain Punch instead. How do I get both?

I just realized, I can't even get a shiny one with dragon dance. I bread my Jap ditto with a scraggy with dragon dance and nothing.....

I ALSO just realized that the Daycare forgot my Scraggy's Dragon Dance..... Gosh this is so confusing.....

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...

I may be wrong, but I don't think you do. If there's a discrepancy like that, where a parent with one of the moves can't learn the other move needed, having both is simply impossible.

DNA

Advanced Member

^Smeargle is the only way you'll get Drain Punch and Dragon Dance on a Scrafty.
Why?

Because only the father can pass moves down.

Pokeplayer44

Down with the Metagame.

To what extent are cheated items allowed at VGC events? I know you can use cheated stat-raising items, but can your Pokemon hold cheated items? Thanks!:p

DNA

Advanced Member

Items aren't part of the hack check necessarily, but if you are playing with an item that hasn't yet been released in Gen 5 (examples are the Custap/Micle/Rowap/Jaboca berries and Soul Dew), expect to be flagged.

I always find it funny how people are trying to cheat to see what they can get away with doing.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Magnezone_Elf said:
I got a cutsap berry in black, no cheats/hacks

Not possible. The only ways to get a Custap Berry is from the 11th Movie Regigigas, Toys "R" Us Regigigas, and the Gamestop/Wi-Fi Entei. All of these Pokemon could only be obtained in Generation IV games. Since you can't transfer items over the PokeTransfer, it is impossible to obtain the Custap Berry by any method in Black/White.

Pokeplayer44

Down with the Metagame.

Items aren't part of the hack check necessarily, but if you are playing with an item that hasn't yet been released in Gen 5 (examples are the Custap/Micle/Rowap/Jaboca berries and Soul Dew), expect to be flagged.

I always find it funny how people are trying to cheat to see what they can get away with doing.

It's not that I'm a huge cheater, I just AR'd all the items and that of course erases your legit ones. Thanks a lot though!:p

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

ISB said:
Not possible. The only ways to get a Custap Berry is from the 11th Movie Regigigas, Toys "R" Us Regigigas, and the Gamestop/Wi-Fi Entei. All of these Pokemon could only be obtained in Generation IV games. Since you can't transfer items over the PokeTransfer, it is impossible to obtain the Custap Berry by any method in Black/White.

That is not entirely true. As I have heard you can transfer items on event Pokemon only through the relocator. To get it you have to talk to the dude next to the PC on the 2nd floor of the GF building in Castalia City. Then you put in the Words EVERYONE HAPPY SIMPLE CONNECTION. In 4th Gen it was the same phrase except the word simple was changed from the previus word of Wi-Fi XD. I know you need this to transfer the legendary dogs so I think you can transfer event Pokemon and also their held item XD.:)

DNA

Advanced Member

xxashxx said:
As I have heard you can transfer items on event Pokemon only through the relocator.

Dwight-False-264x300.jpg

Relocator doesn't transfer held items either.

Alan

No Items. Not Ever.

^I LOL'd

Anyways, Is there a legit way to get ALL the damage reducing beries w/o DW trading??

DNA

Advanced Member

(I try my best to make you peeps laugh =P )

In regards to the Occa, Passho, and the like, the answer is no - the only way you can get one without trading is when you start your DW account, and you only get 1 kind. The rest you'd have to get via trading.

Alan

No Items. Not Ever.

(I try my best to make you peeps laugh =P )

In regards to the Occa, Passho, and the like, the answer is no - the only way you can get one without trading is when you start your DW account, and you only get 1 kind. The rest you'd have to get via trading.

I got Payata (psychic) when I did that long ago. :| oh well, not too good. I got an Occa from a wild Pansear or something in Pinwheel Forest, I might be able to find other wild Pokémon item locations (I think swellow can have ele berry.)