Just getting back in

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
God man, you're taking my stuff completely out of context. How can you not see that? When I took yours clearly out of context, you saw it right away. That's exactly what you're doing to my posts.

Anyway, clearly the worlds results are valid to YOU. So if I'm trying to convince YOU to see my side of the argument, I'm obviously going to make points I think will matter to YOU, not to me.

And once again, you didn't even argue my points. You didn't even argue that you're not arguing my points. Heck, you even removed that part of my last post when you quoted it. You're just trying to make it look like I'm contradicting myself. Why don't we forget about my two out of context half-sentences and get back to discussing Reshiram and why it did so well at worlds.

TyRam is certainly better than DD. DD is a bad deck, it always has been and it probably always be. However, Reshiram simply had better matchups than Zekrom in a worlds format. And Magnezone took the whole thing and had a few more top cut seeds so I don't see how Reshiram did better than it. Is Steelix a bad deck? No. Is it a risky play because it has a bad Reshiram matchup? Yes.

Scizorliscious said:
The context doesn't matter because the quote still means the same thing.

Scizorliscious said:
But in those quotes you posted, you're not analyzing my argument at all. Sure, I said those things, but there's no perspective [read: CONTEXT] and no reason to post them. Find one place where I've contradicted myself. See, that's the difference.
This better for you?

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
Celebi23 said:
God man, you're taking my stuff completely out of context. How can you not see that? When I took yours clearly out of context, you saw it right away. That's exactly what you're doing to my posts.
What does the context add to them that's not there already? Show me how adding the context changes the fact that you're contradicting yourself.

Celebi23 said:
Anyway, clearly the worlds results are valid to YOU. So if I'm trying to convince YOU to see my side of the argument, I'm obviously going to make points I think will matter to YOU, not to me.

Don't use it as part of your argument if you don't think it's valid. If you're saying something you don't even believe matters, what's the point of saying it?

Celebi23 said:
And once again, you didn't even argue my points. You didn't even argue that you're not arguing my points. Heck, you even removed that part of my last post when you quoted it. You're just trying to make it look like I'm contradicting myself. Why don't we forget about my two out of context half-sentences and get back to discussing Reshiram and why it did so well at worlds.
I agree with the last part. I think it was a combination of things, but mostly that TyRam is simply a good deck. A deck is only judged by the decks it's facing, so I agree that it's good because it has good matchups. We're not disagreeing there; I didn't feel like it was necessary for me to respond.

Celebi23 said:
TyRam is certainly better than DD. DD is a bad deck, it always has been and it probably always be. However, Reshiram simply had better matchups than Zekrom in a worlds format. And Magnezone took the whole thing and had a few more top cut seeds so I don't see how Reshiram did better than it. Is Steelix a bad deck? No. Is it a risky play because it has a bad Reshiram matchup? Yes.

Right, everything depends on matchups. Heck, BlastZel (with good matchups) could (not would, but with a bit of luck) have gone to top cut at Worlds just because it has a good TyRam matchup. The quality of the deck depends on how it fares against the meta.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
This is turning into a flame war. And DD is a good deck, and has 50-50 with TyRam. Just saying.

Anyways, I agree with other posters in saying the TyRam would be a good deck for you. TyRam is cheap, not hard to learn, and great for someone just getting back into the game.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
lolwut. DD has a hard Tyram matchup.

Anyways, Blastzel wouldn't have done well even if it had a positive Reshiram matchup because of its other matchups. While I'm unsure of the Worlds meta, Blastzel would have to deal with Zoroark, ZPS, Magnezone, Yanmega, Reversal, etc.

Just my two cents. Haven't been paying attention to this thread, and I don't feel like reading through those past posts.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
Really? From what I've seen it hasn't. I may have exaggerated a little... It's more of a 40/45-55/60. But you did beat both the TyRams at the party, and winning it with DD. Also, one had a T2 Typhlosion. Zoroark makes the matchup a lot easier, and without it, it's a really hard matchup. With Zoroark, you can ko Reshirams, and use Donphan to ko Cyndaquils and Vulpixs. Max Potion will keep your Donphan from a ko for up to 4 turns, while it the mean time, you can take easy prizes, or ko Typhlosion.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This isn't a flame war; it's just a heated discussion. Look at the threads over at 'gym. They're literally all like this. It's just that the average age here is so much younger that those kinds of arguments rarely happen on Beach and when they do, it looks like we're flaming each other not just discussing things. However, the topic wasn't even about TyRam in the first place so I think it's time to put it to a rest.

Also, I don't really have anything more to say. Scizorliscious, you aren't arguing my points directly, and you've ignored that the past two times I've brought it up.

The only thing left about Reshiram is that you think it has good matchups. Well it's good against Yanmega and Donphan sure, but no more than 60-40. It has a really bad matchup against anything water, Magneboar and Vileplume. Zekrom is 50-50. That's basically your "big 6" decks right there (Reshiram, Zekrom, Yanmega/Magnezone, Donphan Rush, Vileplume, Magneboar). Reshiram has good matchups against the rush decks, but bad matchups against the slower decks and water and 50-50 against pretty much everything else. That's nowhere near the most impressive matchup resume in this format.

Zaruk

Aspiring Trainer
Would any of you have a list of the 'standard' Reshiplosion/TyRam deck? Only reason I ask here instead of the Deck Garage is due to the decks there constantly being edited.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We don't allow asking for decklists on here. That kind of lets you get off easy with no work, you know? :F With decks in the Deck Garage, you can see what the common cards are being run in the builds and tweak them to your liking.

dmaster out.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
You might have luck with http://google.com/. Search for TyRam on their articles, you'll find a lot of lists and some skeletons.