Prize support drops AGAIN!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikko145

I put the "laughter" in "slaughter&
Ok, so now 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in BR's get a Victory Cup. I find this to be just garbage. It devalues victory at an already low-valued tournament. It almost feels like a league now, barely even a tournament. And only 4 packs for winning!?!!?!?!!??? Winning should be what grants you rewards, not 3rd. 2nd is reasonable for prizes, don't get me wrong. But 4 packs either way? What's the point of Top Cut?! COME ON P!P!!!! YOU'RE BUSTING MY baseBALLS!!!!!

Afro-G

League of Legends: GabTheLacMan
How is this a drop in prize support? It's a rise... 2nd and 3rd place now get a bonus prize. There were only Victory Medals for first place before. And if you're saying that there's no difference from being first or second there is. You get a gold Victory Cup for being 1st and a silver one for 2nd. And if that's not good enough for whoever made top 2 then they should just scoop and let the other person win because "there's no difference" because that definitely makes sense... /sarcasm

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Um, what?

I find it more fair to the people who never win because it will encourage them to go to more tournaments. Also I don't see why you (or anyone for that matter) should complain about this, let's say you went to a BR's and you got second, you may not have won, but atleast you got 4 packs and a cool trophy card. (also I thought 3rd place only got 2 packs?)

Afro-G

the aura is with me8 said:
Um, what?

I find it more fair to the people who never win because it will encourage them to go to more tournaments. Also I don't see why you (or anyone for that matter) should complain about this, let's say you went to a BR's and you got second, you may not have won, but atleast you got 4 packs and a cool trophy card. (also I thought 3rd place only got 2 packs?)
You're correct about 3rd place. Here's the story if anyone wants to check it out.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'm intrigued by the title insinuating that prize support has dropped "before".

I think your definition of prize support may be a little off from most other people's.

dmaster out.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
If the Victory Cup is stamped with what place you got it makes the first place card more worth the other standings.

Rikko145

Look at the pack count. Last year at BR's I got 6 packs. What I'm saying is that it takes the focus off of winning and more on "just getting up there". And according to my league leader, we used to (ex days, I think?) get a box for winning a Cities. Now it's what, half or less?

Afro-G

Gliscor said:
If the Victory Cup is stamped with what place you got it makes the first place card more worth the other standings.
Well the Cards will feature Gold, Silver, and Bronze but I guess a stamp would be neat too.

Rikko145 said:
Look at the pack count. Last year at BR's I got 6 packs. What I'm saying is that it takes the focus off of winning and more on "just getting up there". And according to my league leader, we used to (ex days, I think?) get a box for winning a Cities. Now it's what, half or less?
6 booster packs!?!?!? o_O Someone must have messed with the prize support at that tournament...

Rikko145

I don't remember what it was exactly. I believe 1st got 2 more packs than 2nd. I'll have to look it up. I'm honestly basing this on year-old memories. Not gonna lie.

EDIT:

Couldn't find anything.

Chingz

Aspiring Trainer
Rikko145 said:
COME ON P!P!!!! YOU'RE BUSTING MY baseBALLS!!!!!

What balls?

Also, be grateful that P!P even GIVES you prizes, let alone even let you keep playing this game for what you did. You get yourself banned, and complain about prize support? Grow up.

Not to mention, its a FREE game! You don't have like Yugioh and Magic do, where you pay $5+ to enter a tournament. I must say, for free tournaments, you get a good amount of prizes.

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Dude, chill out, it is Battle Roads. Also, the prizes increased, because the pack count is the same, but they are giving Victory Cup to 3 people in each division per tourney, instead of 1 Victory Medal.

Zero

Renegade Writer
K. Hate to break it to you, but no one serious about the game ever took BRs seriously. They rate less important than local tournaments. While I'd rather T4 get Cups, T3 allows for more people to get the "special card". This encourages newer players to strive for a goal... especially when there is a really good player in town. Winning becomes less important... improving becomes more important.

If you care about prizes, win local store-run tournaments or real premier events such as states, regionals, and nationals.

viper.fox

色違いピジョット
Exactly as Zero said above. I personally don't see any further discussion merrit (asides from further complaining and/or flaming) from this, so I'm going to tentatively close it unless one of the mods feels there is room for more apt discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.