Is Google Plus actually going to become the next major Social Networking site?

Red Monkeys In A Forest

"It is always U.S. time! We rule the world!&q
Hey Guys, its me RMF, I've been gone for a while, but now Im back with a new question for all you crazy kids: Is Google Plus the new and hip thing?

Post your opinions guys, about what you think about this upcoming Network Site. Like could it replace Face book, like FB did to Myspace? Or is it just another upcoming fad, that will die out soon?

My opinion? I think it won't last long for simply one reason. Many people with accounts on other social networking sites really don't want to have to try out a new system just beacause a couple of their friends are on it.

Thanks in advance for replying guys :)

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member
Well... No one thought Facebook would pass Myspace...

But I actually doubt it. Facebook is already firmly established. Twitter never overtook it.

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
safariblade said:
Well... No one thought Facebook would pass Myspace...

But I actually doubt it. Facebook is already firmly established. Twitter never overtook it.

Well MySpace really didn't do anything to prevent Facebook from surpassing it. Twitter is different from Facebook(it's a microblogging site) so you can't really compare the two. Same goes for Linkedin.

However, Google+ and Facebook can be compared. It's hard to tell right now since G+ is still in beta but personally I don't think that G+ will overtake Facebook. G+ currently has 25 million and counting but facebook has 750+ million so G+ still have a long way to go.

StealthAngel667

Aspiring Trainer
I fail to see why people care about social networks, but okay.
I like Google as a company better than I like Facebook. They gave me an excellent browser and a better mail client than I've ever had. So I wouldn't mind Google getting big on this, it's just that I won't join.

frostwind

I'm baaaacccckkkk
If enough celebrities/important people use it and updates are fast enough, it could outbeat twitter since thats a better version of it.
After they decrease they age limit, it will become more popular, compete with facebook, and then one of them will die out.
I like my facebook, but google plus has better, fresher features and i like that. My only worries are the age limit and a way to find friends from facebook -> google without too much hassle

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
Now Google doesn't have to search other databases to mine for your personal information -it'll have it all in their own servers in the first place.

Project696

Did you know I'm riding a horse?
Well I have a Google+ account and I'll say it right now. I've given it a chance. I've tried it out multiple times. Facebook is just far more superior at the time being. Thats not to say google won't become great. Because we all know what google is capable of.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I think it will become as big or nearly as big as Facebook, it will just take some time for it to catch on since it's new.

Project696

Did you know I'm riding a horse?
Shining Raikou said:
I think it will become as big or nearly as big as Facebook, it will just take some time for it to catch on since it's new.

I easily believe that, almost everything google puts out there becomes big. I for one use Chrome. I'm still waiting upon reviews of Google's OS Chromium before I make the leap from windows. Somehow Google tends to enjoy raising the bar just a little bit more every time they put their time and money into something.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Gmail is nothing compared to the email I have access to. Ever since I got my current email, I've hated gmail. I rarely use my gmail account anymore except if I need to register for a site.

I disapprove of the idea of forcing real names. That will be a major obstacle since not everyone wants their real name to be used.

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
Do we really need ANOTHER "Top Social Networking site?" I think Google Pus is a wannabe Facebook. Everything BUT Facebook, in my opinion, is a wannabe. And it won't last long. I can't believe people are still even into social networking sites.

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
dragonexpert said:
Gmail is nothing compared to the email I have access to. Ever since I got my current email, I've hated gmail. I rarely use my gmail account anymore except if I need to register for a site.

Which email is that? It sounds good :p

AnimeUSA said:
Do we really need ANOTHER "Top Social Networking site?" I think Google Pus is a wannabe Facebook. Everything BUT Facebook, in my opinion, is a wannabe. And it won't last long. I can't believe people are still even into social networking sites.

Competition is always good I guess. I assume you never used Facebook. It's not a game, it's social. Like life, it's always changing.

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
Lol I've never used Facebook, and i know perfectly well what it's about and how it works. But what i'm saying is, it might be a way of life for some people but why is it still so appealing? There are thousands of social networking sites out there and if you get right down to it, they're basically the same thing. Talk to your friends, play games, chat, update status, chat, customization, finding old friends...ect.
But some sites just do everything better than others.

It's not like I don't want a Facebook, I mean, it's always nice talking to your friends, but after a while, it just seems like it'd get boring. But since it's always changing, it keeps you coming back for more. I guess that's why people like it.

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt it'll be the next big thing. I'm sure the hype will be there later on but I know I won't be falling for it. I'm already tired of facebook and what keeps me from leaving is the fact that there are some dudes that I can only communicate with through that site. Google just seems to be invading too much personal space these days especially with phone number confirmations and what not.

danyM

Aspiring Trainer
I think google plus will not be next major social network. For moment will be only 2 big companies google and facebook. And why to try to destroy the competition when it might come back against you.

I think both will "work together" like 2 brothers where google is the little one for moment. It's enough space for all and people are "crazy" to use this kind of sites.

I am thinking what will happen when both will disappear? like hi5. what kind of site will replace?

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
According to a study (forgot where I found it), Google+'s activity and popularity surged during the summer and is currently plateauing. I'll try to see if I can find where I put the link.

Snurkee

Espeon love! <3
I personally doubt that Facebook will be overtaken, but Google Plus might be able to rise if they lower the age limit and "Anonymous" destroys Facebook, though both are unlikely.