Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)
http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-from-apple/

Even if you dislike Apple products, it's difficult to argue that this won't have an effect on Wall Street, Apple's competitors, and Apple itself.

His health was a problem, but the guy who replaced Jobs on his latest medical leave seems to know just how to run the company like Jobs did. So, I don't see Apple lagging behind under the new guard.

I think there is a group/school that is called Apple university. It is where senior executives are trained to think and work the way Jobs did. This will hurt Apple's stock today and tomorrow. But in the future i see it being ran just as Jobs did.

The people won't be happy with this, and stocks will fall. Though I think that a change to Apple would stir some new interest in their products for me.

If only a certain someone got the job as Apple CEO. I would've had my hands on an iPod Human ;~;

Jokes aside, I heard the person taking over Jobs' job (haha) is experienced, so I don't think Apple will be hurting too much.

stock fell around 20 dollars after hours. It definitely will affect the stocks tomorrow and I'm interested to see what happens. Steve Jobs is the person I look up to and to see him resign is a bad day for me.

Even though Jobs has stepped down, I have a feeling whenever they hold some sort of conference on unveiling a new product, he'll step in and do it just like he's always done. While his health might not allow him to work full time, occasional work may still be a very possible answer.

Project696 said:
Even though Jobs has stepped down, I have a feeling whenever they hold some sort of conference on unveiling a new product, he'll step in and do it just like he's always done. While his health might not allow him to work full time, occasional work may still be a very possible answer.

He's still on the board of directors if I remember correctly. You might be right!

If this is going to be the end of Apple and Macs and all that Jazz, all we can do is pray Gabe Newlle is next...

Now I'm more likely to buy an Apple product. That guy convinced so many people that they should buy crap they didn't ever need.

Back