Pokemon What do I do with Rotated Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruler of fate

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Pokebeach,

I've been playing pokemon for a while and I had really started getting into the game when legends awakened came out so I started buying cards regularly again and have spent a lot of money on cards since then. Well, with the new rotation almost all of my cards are no longer usable, and I don't want to waste them. Do I sell them on eBay with my dad's account or what? Should I keep them? I don't know what to do with them.

I imagine many of you guys have dealt with this issue many times before so I hope you guys could help me out.
Thanks a lot!

Well it's really up to you what to do with them but I think it would depend on if you play in tournaments or not, if you do sell any cards below HGSS on Ebay or at a garage sale or flea market. (Besides cards you would want to keep for your collection or stuff like that.) Or maybe you could just play unlimited and build decks with any cards you want.

Thanks for the answer :) I will definitely think about it. I guess my mind went straight to "since these cards can't be played, they're useless" but that's just not the case. All pokemon cards are awesome no matter what time they came from. I still took a pretty big hit to my competitive trade binder though :p

Simple:take all the pikachus you have and use them for target practice.Once you manage to get through all of them,start going for the bidoofs and other pokemon whose reps are pretty much down the drain.(Only use commons through uncommon though.)

@Red Striker: I will keep that in mind... no seriously... I will do this... and I will also burn them with fire... lots and lots of fire... along with all the spiders... just saying :D

Trade them to 7-year-olds who don't know anything about rotation or competitive play. That's what I do.

You forgot one vital thing:some water,maybe "forget"to take some of those cards out of your pokets before you put your pants in the washer...(If you can find any way worse to do with the pikachus,PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!I have too many from the Arceus set!)

This is probably the greatest thread I have ever seen :'D

1. Sell them on Ebay
2. Do what Red Striker is telling you to do
3. Keep them. Maybe one day they will suddenly get more valuable.

This probably should have been posted in the TCG discussion thread :3 (inb4 mimimod).

Hyperion64 said:
Trade them to 7-year-olds who don't know anything about rotation or competitive play. That's what I do.

Thats so nice.

You have to... burn and shred them!

I started to sell about-to-be-rotated cards back in January, but now I just sell the cards as bulk.

Sir, even for someone who absolutely detests Pikachu such as myself, that is an utterly inhuman suggestion.

...One other possibility is to sell/trade them to collectors who like collecting cards from older sets (they can fetch quite a lot, depending on the card).

IF you can go to Nationals or Regionals or bigger tournies like that, a lot of times they have venders who buy old Commons/uncommons. They only get you like $2 per 100 (if not less), but considering you won't get rid of them any other time, I'd take it. If you have enough commons/uncommons, you can make quite a bit.

Just be sure to sort out your rares and stuff, some of them might be worth more.

I know someone at my league who trades boxes for hundreds of commons/uncommons/rares. You might be able to find someone near you who does that...

Another thing you could do is tape your old commons/uncommons to a dart board and throw darts at them.If you manage to nail it in the face,you instantly win that round!

I think you should keep your cards until they are very old cuz then they will be worth a lot more and sell them when they get older or you could just keep them if you have a lot of rare ones because i stopped collecting the cards but i still keep my old ones

You should keep them for when your older incase they are worth something (Like how my grandparents say they wished they kept there baseball cards that are now worth alot) or if you must destroy them cut out the pictures and make a mini poster from them :)

I agree on keeping rares, cool stuff,etc. I also support the use of anything that small as a target, so do go for that too if you shoot!

...we really should do a vid of using uxies as rifle targets. Just sayin.

Make an unlimited deck. It's crazy fun and while you might not have great luck selling off the cards piece by piece or getting your money's worth selling them as a package, you can easily trade them to collectors to get some older, more useful cards.

Plus, it's just fun to look at the evolution of the game and see how far it has come.

Use them as kitty litter. You can never have enough kitty litter. Except the EX series stuff. Give that to me. :p

~SS

DNA said:
Sir, even for someone who absolutely detests Pikachu such as myself, that is an utterly inhuman suggestion.
There is nothing inhuman about stabbing electrical rat pictures with darts. We kill normal rats all the time. The Electrical ones can get the "special" treatment.

I hear from time to time, some people would buy all of the common/uncommon ones for 5~10 cents each and maybe even more. Probably to make off a profit with vending machinces (which require quaters, hehe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back