• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Healix HGSS-on

I think rare candies are useless in this deck since you only have stage 1's and since you cant evolve a pokemon when you first bench it anymore.

You could add some new potion or max potions or even life herbs, you can maybe add more collectors or energies.

When I was building this deck at first, I thought about adding in Serperior/Reuniclus to heal, which is why I added the rare candy. I forgot to take them out when I removed serperior and reuniclus :p

Max potion is a great idea, I didnt even think about it. I don't really like life herb because of the coin flip and potion may heal 30 now, but I'm not sure if it'd be enough for steelix. Junk arm is also awesome, I didn't think about it either, and it is a great idea. I'm thinking I could use it to get back my max potions.

Decklist updated.

Which Blissey is this? The Prime is counterproductive, and the Platinum is rotated. Why even bother with Blissey Prime if you can get Max Potion?
-3-3 Blissey
-1 Energy Exchanger
-1-1 Scizor
-1 Interviewer's Questions

+2 Max Restore
+2 Rare Candy
+2 Klink
+2 Klang
+2 Klinklang

With this set up, you will find yourself much more able to heal, being able to move metal energy away from the Steelix and put it back after healing. Scizor as a 1-1 line is super inconsistent and really does nothing to help you in your job on tanking. This can stand up to a lot of decks and really take hits. That said, Reshiram, one of the highest tier decks next format, picks this apart, and you have no way to stop it unless you somehow get an amazing hand and it pulls nothing.

Reshiram will still one shot steelix. Personally i wouldnt worry about Klinklang I would use shaymin UL because KlingKlang cant not move DCEs.

Dr. Mason said:
This can stand up to a lot of decks and really take hits. That said, Reshiram, one of the highest tier decks next format, picks this apart, and you have no way to stop it unless you somehow get an amazing hand and it pulls nothing.

There isn't a auto lose deck. it all depends on the luck of the draw but with that being said you will have a hard time with fire decks. You could add in laturn prime or some other water type

+3-4 engineers
helps with draw and gets those few energies in the discard steelix can grab :)

and if you think about it life herb is better than potion :p - on average it heals 35
potion only heals 30

Tiftonhotchild said:
Reshiram will still one shot steelix. Personally i wouldnt worry about Klinklang I would use shaymin UL because KlingKlang cant not move DCEs.

Dr. Mason said:
This can stand up to a lot of decks and really take hits. That said, Reshiram, one of the highest tier decks next format, picks this apart, and you have no way to stop it unless you somehow get an amazing hand and it pulls nothing.

There isn't a auto lose deck. it all depends on the luck of the draw but with that being said you will have a hard time with fire decks. You could add in laturn prime or some other water type

Shaymin is fine for most purposes, but you're going to want to be able to do this multiple times.

I'm not too fond of shaymin because like Dr. Mason said I'll need to move energy multiple times, although I will be losing my DCE... I added in a 2-2 Lanturn line to tech against fire types and along side it I added 2 rainbow energy so I can move it around with klingklang. I removed my Flowershop ladys because with klingklang I feel like I won't need them and they can only get back basic energy cards, so I cant get back my dce or my special metals. That said I've updated my decklist.

What kind of card is Max Restore / Max Potion? When i google for it i can only find a card with japanese text. Is there an us version?
Anyway, i really like your deck, but even at risk of lose some consistency, i would keep scizor prime. With klingklank ability, if you ever need to switch a steelix to the bench, you can transfer 3 metal on scizor prime and get a lighter tank ready to deal 90/110 damage the same turn. Also, red armor is always usefull in mirror matches

Max restore heals all hp at the cost of discarding all energy attached to the pokemon you're healing.

It isn't out yet.... but its something to look forward to along with the HGSS-on format.

[-2/1/2 Klingklang, -4 Max Restore, +4 Potion, +4 Moo-moo Milk]
Take out the Klingklang line and replace it with 4 Potions. Change the Max Restore to Moo-moo Milk. While I can see why Klingklang would be great once set up, he can be a bad start and kinda clunks up consistency. Relying on disposable cards like Potion and Moo-moo milk means you can use them anytime once you have them, thus you can concentrate on building back up attackers instead of a Stage 2.

[-2 Interviewer's Questions, +2 Professor Oak's New Theory]
Take out the Interviewer's Questions and add to more Prof. Oak's New Theory for more consistency and hand refresh. Energy shouldn't be a problem; never had one personally, and a whole hand change is much better rather than a situational card that can't even guarantee results. It's not really a bad card, I just don't think it's a must in this deck.

[+1 Pokemon Collector]
Still got 1 spare slot from removing the Klingklang line, so add another Collector for consistent starts. You don't want to start with Skarmory and have nothing on the bench to Steel Coat.

[-2 Rare Candy, -2 Professor Elm's Training Method, +4 Judge]
No need for Candies without a Stage 2 line, and you don't need that many search cards in a Stage 1 deck. 3 Communication will suffice. Adding Judge will give you the necessary disruption you need to slow down your opponent and give you time to power up Steelix. This is especially important when your worst enemy has Ninetails for support.
You could keep 1 copy of Elm's and have 3 Judge, but I highly recommend Judge regardless.

[Enginner's Adjustment & Professor Juniper]
I recommend either or, but not both. Personally I'd take 4 Juniper, because it can potentially screw over your opponent if they use Smeargle. It can also get you a new hand regardless of whether you have energy or not, so I feel it's more versatile that way.

As for your energy I think you can tweak it a bit, but I can't really think of specific improvements right now. On a side note you might want to consider Donphan Prime as your secondary attacker and tech against Fire instead of Lanturn Prime, as it is more versatile and requires less set up. Reshiram can one shot Lanturn Prime on the revenge kill, which is my worry. I'm torn between these two techs myself, so we'll have to see how much Reshiram is a threat after the rotation.

[14]
3-3 Steelix Prime
4 skarmory COL
2-2 Lanturn Prime

[30]
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Switch
4 Potion
4 Moo-moo Milk
2 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Prof. Juniper/Engineer's Adjustment
4 Prof. Oak's New Theory
4 Judge

[16]
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Special Metal Energy
6 Metal Energy
2 Rainbow Energy

I took out the interviewer's questions because I can clearly see that I really wont have much of a problem with energy, and I also took out engineers adjustments. I wasn't too sure about having it initially, and now I removed it. I'm not sure if taking out Klingklang is the right way to go though. I'm liking max restores a lot more than potions and moo moo milks, because max restore heals much more than potion, and I hate relying on coin flips. Decklist updated

Leafey said:
Julliant: No need for Candies without a Stage 2 line
he has klingklang - a stage 2

Read my post again.

@Vexel: That's fine. I think 3 Collector is better though, because Skarmory isn't a good start without anything on the bench. You can try Cleffa with Twins, Stantler or Smeargle. Cleffa has free retreat, which is great in any deck. 30HP is a downer but that's where Twins or Blackbelt can come in, plus there isn't much sniping besides Blastoise which kills anything anyway.

Also, Zoroark can be a good secondary attacker if Lostgar becomes big, prophesied as the number one deck based on Japan's format.You can shave off the Rainbow if that's the case.

Back