Golduck from Triumphant (#22) [2/28]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

22-golduck.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. Analyze the stats of the card (HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat cost).
2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies) of the card.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. What techs can you use to combat the weak points?
5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

Hp is decent, 90 for a stage 1, weakness is terrible, and pretty good retreat.
nice pokebody, heals 20 damage for each W energy, and the attack is also pretty good. You can build up damage and hit hard.
Feraligatr prime for sure. Being able to get water energy on it fast and hit for heavy damage.
Donphan or machamp to cover weakness.
5. How's the artwork?
Nice, but it's not the best golduck artwork. 3/5
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
2/5 Not that great of a card

It has average stats for a stage one. 1 retreat isn’t good, but unown q can help there. It has 90hp like most stage 1s, it also has a bad lightning weakness.
Natural remedy heals golduck which can actually make up for his hp. Power splash isn’t too good but it has some potential.
With feraligtr prime and tons of energy, this way you’ll be healing and adding damage. It could be used as a tank if it didn’t have low hp and weakness to one of the BCIF.
Expert belt for it’s HP, Exploud SV can be used to help out against luxray.
5. How's the artwork?
Looks cool, like it’s trying to attack you.
At league: 3.5 Anywhere Else: 1
It would be too clunky and require too many techs to work consistently.

- As everyone has said, average HP. Terrible weakness with luxray lurking in lots of corners waiting to pounce. Retreat ain't bad

-Natural Remedy is good heal, having a low HP though this card risks OHKO anyway which would make this pretty pointless =/
It's attack isnt bad, but isn't anything super great either!

- As everyone has said, feraligator prime will sync well with this. I guess Floatzel GL X would help aswell. As it does with any other water card lol =/

- Ahhhh Expert belt for HP
- Unknown Q for retreat
- I know there is a counter for weakness but am to n00b to recall it

5. How's the artwork?
- Looks pretty badass, but have always liked the look of Golduck

- In a league comp 3 - 3.5 (max) in hardcore SP filled meta 1 at most =/ it's not a bad card, but luxchomp would OHKO it everytime, as would alot of other SP and top tier decks. The healing aspect of the card is made almost pointless by the fact that like I said above, this card will be getting OHKO to much, and once you have attached all that energy to heal and it gets knocked out...there goes all the energy!

Its HP is little low for stage one,its a OHKO from luxra or any other thunder pokemon,it really has no weakness,one retreat is cool since Unown Q is still playable.

Being able to add damage is great and its body heals it so any non thunder deck will have a small problem.

I see it good with Feraligatr prime and Starmie HGSS so it attach to heal attack and when you cant attach because like amphy pl starmie takes out all energies and does massive damage.

Well donphan prime is still good since its stage 1 as well and faster than machamp(which is also ok)thats all i see.

5. How's the artwork?
Its funny and kinda cute its like a ninja and air bender.

I'm going to have to give it 4.5/5 for being awsome

90 HP for a stage 1 is okay-ish, but the lightning weakness kills it. No resistance and one retreat cost is normal.

Natural remedy is essentially a nerfed copy of Leafeon RR's Energy Refresh, as it only affects Golduck. On the upside, this body works on the bench... Is that really relevent, though?
[WC] for a water-specific Verdent Dance-style attack (Leafeon Lv X). Eh.
I'm seein the Leafeon line as the basic idea of this card.

Feraligatr Prime is the first that comes to mind via Rain Dance. This lets you mass spam energies for a massive heal AND power-up that Powerful Splash attack (totally had a Red vs Blue Magikarp flash animation showdown moment there).

Read #3.

5. How's the artwork?
4/5 I'm no art critic, but that's nice artwork, IMO. The water looks almost like clouds, though. o.o

2/5 Eh. Seems like a Leafeon RR/Lv X wanna-be without the extra HP support from things like Espeon MD and Landmin Lv X and with a terrible weakness that screams free prizes for Luxray GL Lv X Sorry, rubber duckie.

1. Its HP is a bit too low and in my opinion that is its main flaw, and the weakness is one of the worst in this format, no resistance doesn't do any good, and the retreat is just fine, Unown Q gives it free retreat.

2. It has a good body, but the issue I see is that its HP is too low, so it gets 1-shotted easily and therefore healing doesn't do too much good. The attack can be strong, but isn't as good in practice as it is on paper.

3. Feraligatr Prime lets it abuse its body and attack, everyone can see this.

4. I guess a fighting type to KO Luxray, not much else.

5. Meh, all Golducks are hideous.

6. (negative) 2 out of 5, it's overrated. The main thing is that its HP is too low, and it is weak to Luxray after all. Besides, Psyduck is just way better. You're only hurting yourself the moment you play this card on top of your Psyduck.

Back