BW/BW2 Pre-Order gift for Pokemon Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-ordered my game from Gamestop last weekend. I asked the guy there if I'd get a wall cling and he was like "ugh, well you can download Celebi." and I was like "um no. Toyrus is giving away the cling, are you guys?" and he was like "well, not that I know of but we may get some." Toysrus is 40ish minutes away from my house while Gamestop is only 10 minutes which is why I went to Gamestop.
I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask if they are giving away the wall clings. If they aren't/I don't get a definite yes, then I'm going to cancel my preorder and just get pre-order it from Toysrus. (I can cancel, right?)

I know from experience that Toysus will normally promote the pre-order gifts and will give people the gifts before the games releases while gamestop waits to give out the gift at the time of picking the game up. But I just want to make sure.

As for the Victini event, it's just like the legendary beast giveaways.

The thing is that The Pokemon Company is hiding all the information from all retailers around the U.S. especially the Nintendo World Store in New York City.

It's not the store's fault that there not giving something for free, it's Nintendo's fault for shutting all the retail stores out for the fans to get something for free when Pokemon Black and White is released in stores around the U.S 3/6.

yea PCI is really holding information for stores Nintendo World does not know anything about whats going to happen for the launch date of black and white and if they will give out free goodies

I'm really hoping we get some commemorative... a window cling? Am I the only one who thinks that a little ridiculous?
How about a figurine? I have my Giratina figurine from Platinum sitting right here in front of me. I think it's awesome.

i personally think that all stores should give away the wall cling as a promoter and if kids see it on there friends wall wont they want one as well??

Most people pre-order for the free stuff. I just do it to make sure i get a copy. I couldnt care less for the free stuff. Once i preoredered something, got to the store, and found out a month after i preordered they decided to give stuff away for the game. Pleasant surprise

Well I'm going to go to Best Buy tomorrow and pre-order it so I can get that $10 gift card. Cause really...this is $10 folks, an actual decent amount of cash for such a cheap game! Besides, Best Buy *ALWAYS has some sort of free gift on release day so I'll be getting something free on that day too then. Pre-Order gift shopping is always so fun! :p

* For big name releases that is.

Look people gave their time off just to go the store to reserve either Black or White and ask the simple question: What are you giving for free when people reserved the game and later get it on launch date?

I mean everyone wants to get something for free once both Black and White is released.

@Emeralds Hold No Hope

:D

On Topic: Then again, like i stated before, you should preoreder to make sure you get a copy, not for free stuff. Companies are not obligated to give you free stuff. Pre-order to get a copy, not because your greedy and want free stuff.

I haven't heard of anything free coming out with Black and White. I just heard of the Victini being given away. I was and still am satisfied with that, although I would love a keychain of some sort. xD

It's the fact that they advertised the free gift. yes, you pre-order to guarantee that you'll get the game, and the gift is to encourage more people to pre-order. if there was no gift mentioned, i couldn't really care because i'm getting the game. but they advertised so since i am an avid pokemon collector, i will pre-order from the store that is giving it away. it's not greed, it's not inconsiderate, it's not demanding, as someone else already said. it's about being involved in a hobby that you enjoy.

Yeah and it if weren't for the gifts then there would be no point in pre-ordering anyways. It's not like the game is going to be sold out. There's tons of stores out there with tons of copies.

In extreme cases (like when I pre-ordered FR/LG), you might be cursed and won't be able to get your game on opening day. I pre-ordered but then on opening day the games were all in a box that said Reserved. Not even the manager would let us purchase the game even though it must have been reserved for us since we pre-ordered. Came back the next day and same old story but then my mom went into disgustingly annoying customer mode and I got my game. But I'm sure something like that wouldn''t happen in Gamestop or EB Games cause pre-ordering is their specialty. But yikes...bad memories. That game had the best pre-order gift though. The FR/LG backpack! I still have it, it's been so handy. :)

Ugh. Now i'm definatly not pre-ordering Black. I didn't feel like paying the preorder fee last time I was at GameStop. I will go to Target to get my copy, along with a new Tamagotchi. Hee hee.

@Emeralds: POISON?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks for cheering me up :p
On Topic: I would LOVE a Figurine......I have to admit, I think the wall clings are a little ridiculous to say the least. Do you know the thing I would like the most? AN ARCEUS FIGURINE! I wasn't able to get one, because I didn't preorder the JP Versions of HG and SS, and I didn't go to Gamestop when they were offering them if you bought a copy of Platinum when Arceus and the Jewel of Life came out......I need to buy another copy of Platinum, because mine crashed.

@InuMimi they never advertised anything for pre ordering. toys r us is the only one advertising a pre order gift. also, your hobby is collecting pokemon pre order gifts? nice.

@wii izzy thats like saying "i drove all the way here to your store to buy your game and i deserve a reward for taking my own time."

@k-obsessed you make it seem like pre orderings true sole purpose is for free gifts (that the company doesn't even have to supply). the point of pre ordering is to reserve a copy. most companies don't give pre order gifts anyways.

I totally with you. That's the exact same reason I did it was to make sure I was garunteed a copy on that day. I mean people is the only reason you pre-order is to get a little thingy or is it to have the game as soon as possible because you can't wait to play it.

@EmeraldsHoldNoHope: I guess it all depends on what is being pre-ordered. If it were a brand new gaming console then yes I'm pre-ordering that because I want to make sure I have one reserved for myself. I could care less about gifts in that situation. But then when it comes to a video game I think it's different. Unless you live in a small town with limited supplies, there is no way you are not going to have a copy available to purchase. So for a video game I feel it only makes sense to pre-order it if you want the gift that is being offered because copies of the game will definitely be available whether you pre-order or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back