Seeker from Triumphant (#88) [12/29]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
88-seeker.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
It obviously can't stand on it's own, because it's a Supporter. It has lots of potential, considering it is a must-have for a Donk deck.
Donkphan, Kingphan, Donchamp
Obviously to make the opponent have no benched and use Donphan to lay down the donk.
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
3/5 because it's worthless it the opponent has more than 1 benched.
5. How's the artwork?
4/5 Very mysterious, I like the Mew in the backround.

EDIT: First post

5. How's the artwork?

1. This is a great card. It makes a great substitute for Super Scoop Up, If you are using trainer lock, like I am.
2. Not sure.
3. Vileplume UD, Spiritomb AR
4) 3.5/5. It's good for trainer locks, but it's a supporter, so it can only be used once per turn, and it brings back a benched, not an active.
5. Cool, but nothing too special.

-Being a Supporter, it cannot be played on its own. While it is worth being played, the card has bad potential by itself.

-Seeker can be played in just about any deck for one reason or another, whether it be for a Pokepower, a Donk like the above poster mentioned, or as a flip-less Super Scoop Up for something close to being KOed.

-Well, anything really. The Donphan combo mentioned above, like I mentioned, a Scoop-Up, and I've seen many people use it to re-use Uxie's Set Up and Azelf's Time Walk abilities. It could also work with Broken Time Space to get a second Roast Reveal from Ninetales HGSS even, the possibilities are endless.

-I give it a 4/5, because the card has massive potential in combos, even if it's something as simple as Uxie's Set Up. There's really not much else I feel I need to mention, it's versatile, and every deck that needs draw power should at least have one.

5. How's the artwork?

-Personally, I quite like the design, the angled view, the cloaked figure, and the Mew in the light in the backdrop. Unfortunately, while I do like the cloaked being, I do think it's somewhat bland against everything else.

1. It's very useful Trainer Card. It is very similar to Mr. Briney's Compassion from EX Dragon only that your opponent can to that as well. It can be considered the Warp Point version of MBC.
2. This card is being used more and more in decks since its introduction in HS Triumphant.
3. Can be used with Gengar Prime's Hurl into Darkness to send the Pokemon into the Lost Zone.
4. 4/5 The only drtawback is that your opponent can benefit from this as well. But as alternative to Poketurn and Super Scoop Up, this card is just as good and better, respectively. Another great card from HS Triumphant.
5. Looks really good. I like the necklace.

This is my 1st one so im pretty noobish at this, here we go.
Guiding questions:
-This card can be thrown into any deck and can stand on its own because of all the help it does. Its well worth being played because you can pick up a heavily damaged poke from your bench and throw it back down fresh and ready to go. Although your opponent does the same, you can use this to your advantage.
-Practically any. This helps out Uxies (which every deck should have) Crobat G (also in many decks), and other Pokes who use a Poke-Power when played.
-Like I said earlier, Pokes who use Poke-Powers when played. You can obviously double those up or completely heal Pokes. Also, an earlier poster said about using this and then Gengars Hurl Into Darkness to get rid of a set up Poke for good.
-4/5 When I first saw this card, I didn't realize its potential, but after hearing some strategies and combos with it, its an amazing card.
5. How's the artwork?
-I love it to death, really mysterious and cool.

This card has great potential depending on how you use it.

It works in any metagame deck really. You could use it to win a match by clearing your opponents bench or you could heal a damaged pokemon on your bench.

There are many combos, to name a few you could use it alongside donphan to first clear the opponents bench then ko the defending or With Flygon you can retreat your active then put it back in your hand.

4/5, great card

5. How's the artwork?
5/5 great artwork. Seems kind of different than the usual pokemon art

1. Seeker has a lot of potential. But your opponent can also have benefits for it sometimes depending on the circumstances.
2. It's used in stage 1/2 decks as a flipless SSU, in donk-decks for removing the opponent's benched pokemon... And so on.
3. You can use it in (poke-)power-draws like Uxie to re-use it. And for recovery and versatility as mentioned above.
4. 4.75/5. If you could return pokemon from the active slot (like SSU and PokeTurn), it would have full score.
5. The artwork looks unique in a good way. 4/5.

3) Seeker is amazing in decks with low or free retreat costs. You can simply retreat, pick up your attacker, and send up the next one. Combo that with energy switching and you're good to go!

1. On its own its really useful. It lets you a free pick up of one of your benched pokemon, and it can be a handicap to your opponent if he has to pick up something that he doesnt want, but this doesnt usually happen.
2. Everything that has Uxie on it to use its power many times.
3. Uxie, for example. Attackers with a fast set up can retreat, pick up and set up really fast, refreshing the attacker.
4. 4/5 It would be 5 if you could choose your activeand its a supporter, but it really worths it.
5. The artwork is really cool, mysterious character with Mew, love it :3

A: I highly recommend inserting atleast 3 Seeker in a deck. It just has so many uses!
I really think it can be used in any metagame deck. If your active Pokémon is damaged and is going to get knocked out next turn, retreat or use Warp Energy and then use Seeker to pick up all energy and all the Pokémon stages up; almost like a Super Scoop Up, but you don't have to risk a coin-flip.
well, you can't really make a combo with Seeker, its a trainer!
I personally think it deserves 5 stars.
5. How's the artwork?
I really don't like the artwork, I think they should have a Master Ball on his necklace. ~JS

1. This is an excellent Supporter card which is seeing quite a bit of play.
2. Just about any deck can use it.
3. Where to begin...recycle a pixie, Crobat G, Luxray GL Lv. X, etc., rescue a badly wounded Pokemon, or even the occasional quick win.
4. 4.5/5. The only thing holing it back is that it's a Supporter.
5. Mysterious and a little creepy. The Mew in the background is cute, even if you can barely see her.

1) good card for any deck
2) It can be used to help you or hurt your opponent. Go for a quick win. Seeker a Pokemon
up make them take there last bench up then KO there active Pokemon. I have used it both ways
3) With Uxie for a draw even a stage 2 with damage. Pick up rare candy and Lay it all back down to get it going again.
4) Good art work

1. What decks DON'T run this card lately? It's a great supporter for offense and defense.

2. This can be used in any deck that runs come-into-play powers like Uxie. Gengar also loves it because Gengar retreats for free and is Seekered back to hand, or Gengar PRIME can Seeker and then Lost Zone it away forever all in one turn.

3. See the previous question lol.

4. I give it a 5. Nice balancing was done on the card by making it your Supporter for the turn, but its utility and power make it well worth the commitment.

5. I get that he's seeking Mew, but what does that have to do with returning Pokemon to their hand? ALMOST perfect, 9 out of 10.

Back