Machamp (Prime) from Triumphant (#95) [12/22]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
95-machamp.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. it stands pretty well on its own, its a great card and it is very much worth being played.
2.donchamp or just pure machamp.
3.you can use it with donphan prime or anything that knows earthqauke because champ buster takes advantagde of that.
4.5 out of 5.
5.I like the artwork its like WHATCHU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

1. On its own it does have potential but it isnt worth it unless you have other machamps
2. donchamp or just straight machamp
3. Donphan prime combos well also machamp sf for sp kills
4. 5/5 I run it in my deck man it can kill
5. I like the artwork because its like lady gaga or a creeper

1. Well this card is a really powerfull card and it hase a lot of potential. And yes its worth being played.

2. In every meta game i think

3. This best used with donphan prime. Donphan puts damage counters on all your bench pokemon so that would make champ buster do more damage.

4. I would give this a 4.5 rateing this can be a slow card but it easily makes up for it with its attack's and hp.

5 This hase great art work.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
This card is amazing. Its first attack does 60 and removes any special energy from the opponent and its second attack is great with donphan.

Maybe a donphan/machamp deck

It works perfectly with donphan. Donphan can attack putting damage on your bench, then you use machamps power and use champ buster.

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5/5, Great card

5. How's the artwork?
4.5/5 The prime artwork has really grown on me, but I'm not really feeling this one.

1. Once you can get energy attatched, it stands pretty well on its own.
2. Works well in a Donphan/ Machamp deck.
3. Perfectly with donphan prime to get damage on your bench.
4. 5/5 Awesome just about everywhere.
5. 2/5. It looks kind of hideous to me.

i think that it is good is definintely worth being played
non that i know of
dugtrio from HS triumphant so you cand do 110 damage and it is{F} type
i give it a 4.5/5 because it doesn't have a lost zone related move
5. How's the artwork?
i give the art work a 4/5 because it is ment to look intemidating and it is with the creepy smile:D

1. Not really good on it's own because that defeats the purpose of getting damage counters on your pokemon.
2.I've seen many "DonChamp" decks since Machamp came out.
3. Donphan or anything that causes damage to your own dudes. Unknown P would help, but I don't know if it's still legal.
4. 5/5 to 4/5. It's a card you can't decide on, like a cop drama.
5.5/5. For primes, it doesn't get much better than this
{R}{R}{R} forever!

It's a little slow, but once you get some energys onto it, it stands very well on its own.
"Donchamp"? I've also seen a few Donphan/Ursaring/Machamp Prime decks out there.
It could be used with Donphan to but damage on your bench for Champ Buster. You could also do the same thing, except with Ursaring on your bench to activate it's poke-body.
4.7/5 A little slow, but it can smash most of the competition!
5. How's the artwork?
2.5/5 It's Okay.

This card is amazing with just about any fighting pokemon. It's weakness hurts it in this format but next season this card will definitely see more play.
Many use it with Donphan and some use straight Machamp.
I love how this card can abuse DCE, attach one fighting to Donphan and use earthquake to hit your bench and then the next turn use Machamp's Fighting Tag to go active and then attach DCE to keep the pain going.
5/5 One of the Best Primes out
5. How's the artwork?
Amazing artwork 10/10

Unlike many other Metagame cards, Machamp can pretty much set up himself, so yeah it stands well on its own. (but its not like anyone would play a card without support, eh?) Also i think its absolutely worth being played.

Course everyone thinks of Donphan. But this has the same problems as Mario: Both cards have synergy, but they dont cover each others weaknesses at all. Just one fast hitter for earlygame and one big fat guy for lategame, and still both tend to lose against stuff like Gdos or Vilegar.
So i think the combination with Magnezone would be much more promising. Ok this is not quite Meta but i really like it. Its a neat drawer, a good side hitter for the really big damage and the Lv.X also gives you plenty of possibilities to choose from. With constant drawing, you can also keep the Hunter move going.

Like i said above.

4/5. The card really has some potential and should be played more often imo cause it can definitely refresh the Meta. If you find a way to beat Gdos and Vilegar (and believe me there are some ways) the card can kick ass.

5. How's the artwork?
Better than most other Primes. 4/5 compared to usual cards, 5/5 for being a Prime and STILL looking cool. Here you can practically see the movement in the pic as well as his mien, saying "HAHAAAAH got you by the balls kiddie!!!!111oneoneeleven" :D

1. Machamp can absolutely stand on its own. That bodybuilder has a 150 hp bulk and killer attacks. The only drawbacks I see with it is that Machamp's main energy source (IMO) is power sprayable and the attacks are pretty pricey to be honest.
2. It can be used in straight Machamp decks to have something against stage 1/2-decks instead of the flippy Hurricane Punch.
3. Hmm... Well if a Donphan is roughly damaged and it has for example 3 fighting energies to it, you can use Machamp's Fighting Tag to switch out and own some more with Crushing Punch.
4. I'll give it a 4/5. Allthrough it has given the Machamp decks new life, it is not flawless.
5. The artwork looks a bit intimidating, and I like it. 4/5.

1. It stand well on its own with that 150 HP. It's a great card with amazing potential. Powerful Attacks and can be brought out with extra energy.
2. Donphan, Flygon, and other Machamps like Machamp Lv X and Machamp SF.
3. After Donphan does at least one Earthquake, evolve a Machoke with 2 Energy then use Fighting Tag and attach a energy for Champ Buster. I've seen a strategy to Level up for more damage.
4. 4.5/5 Cannot really find many faults other than it's relatively slow speed, but makes up for it with powerful attacks and high HP. One of the key factors for HS Triumphant's popularity.
5. I find it ugly mainly because it reveals that Machamp has no teeth. Ugh.

Oh g-d, of course! Great pair with Machamp SF!
Machamp SF decks
I would recommend to include this in a Machamp SF deck as a 4-3-4(2 SF, 2 Prime)
*rates the thread 5 stars*
5. How's the artwork?

I don't like it 100%. ~JS

1. On its own it can pretty much be a good card by itself. 100 base dmg with the potential to go up to 150 dmg is awesome enough.
2. A Donchamp deck I suppose

3. Use Donphan Prime's earthquake to put 1 dmg counter on each of your bench and then summon machamp prime the next turn to put 140 dmg on your oppoent with fighting tag but one other alternative is to get a pair of machamp primes and utilise fighting tag to make them a tag team duo. 4 fighting energy can supply the both of them and if you need, add 1 more to make it a trio.

4. 5/5, A pain in the ass because of fighting tag and ability to cause so much dmg regularly.

5. One of the better artworks for a prime, 3/5.

Back